Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at MCO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Consolidated "Renting at MCO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Old Apr 30, 19, 1:04 pm

Picked up at MCO today around 1:30pm, B side. Ended up with a 2019 Jaguar XE with 2800 miles on the clock (PC). I'd say the rest of the selection was pretty solid too, with a good mix of SUVs and sedans. The checkout clerk was really nice, too, though he said the selection was abysmal earlier in the day.
Old May 3, 19, 1:06 pm

Hello - newbie to this thread. We are Hertz gold members and got a ridiculous price for a rental at MCO, category Z4. It says in the rental page that this crossover could be the Infiniti QX60 or the Rover Discovery. From reading the posts it looks like the majority of cars in this class are the QX60. Has anyone gotten anything else in this class from MCO ?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; May 5, 19 at 4:53 pm Reason: moved into location-specific thread
Old May 4, 19, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by ulliboo View Post
Hello - newbie to this thread. We are Hertz gold members and got a ridiculous price for a rental at MCO, category Z4. It says in the rental page that this crossover could be the Infiniti QX60 or the Rover Discovery. From reading the posts it looks like the majority of cars in this class are the QX60. Has anyone gotten anything else in this class from MCO ?
The QX60 is far more common in the fleet, and Hertz would rather offer the few Land Rovers they have as paid upgrades. Your chances of being assigned a Land Rover are fairly slim.

The QX60 is a glorified Nissan Pathfinder, by the way.
Old Jun 4, 19, 6:30 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite
Was just there
Side A:
Almost empty and nothing really caught my eye except a wrangler with 12k miles at PC
Premium upgrade has 740 and GLC300

Side B:
lot was full
PC/5 star/gold all had a lot of minivan and I mean all models and all colors.

5 star had a brand new camaro SS, would’ve taken it if I didn’t need more luggage room
PC has a mustang GT convertible
I ended up taking an expedition from PC
Premium upgrade had a lone tahoe
Old Jun 8, 19, 1:04 am

Programs: Hertz President Circle, National Executive Elite.
On My Visit the past week, I went to PC and there wasn't anything I had not driven before or was thrilled to drive again so i went into the gold office and asked about the difference for something like a Traverse. The guy starts listing cars that were available in the Reserve area, and i was thinking he was trying to upgrade me, but then he said "Everything I just listed I can give you for no additional charge since that's what we generally put in PC, plus we're pretty slow." I ended up with a Traverse with 105 miles on it, and brought it back with ~1,250 miles in 4 days.
My next rental I was about to go back into the booth and out the corner of my eye I noticed a VW Tiguan with a panoramic sunroof sitting in 5*. definitely one of my favorite locations.
klanfa likes this.
Old Jun 14, 19, 8:30 pm

Was there Wednesday night, around 11pm. Sad sight on B side, with generally shabby cars on the lot, dominated by SUVs and minivans. There was also a base trim Camaro, base trim Optima, Malibu and Impala, and a smelly Kia Niro. Gold office guy offered a brand new Impala from the reserved area, but that was all he had. Offered a Volvo S90 but said only with upcharge - declined mostly because of the high price that's out of the 50k cc CDW limit.
Walked over to the other side to pick up a 2019 Fusion Hybrid SEL. Lot was quite empty there as well, no better than B side.
Old Jun 17, 19, 2:54 pm

Programs: 2008 FT1 Fantasy Football Champion
Rental 6/8-12.
Was on the Southwest side (A I think). Pickup at ~5pm.
Reserved a midsize SUV.
The car email/text said Gold Choice. The Gold Choice section had 2 cars - a Kia sedan and a Kia Soul.
Went to the counter, explained I reserved a SUV because I wanted one, gave me a 2019 Ford Escape Titanium. His comment was "There were lots of cars in Gold an hour ago..."

Yes, it worked out fine, but I guess in the future I'll just reserve a midsize sedan and take my chances. I paid more than the midsize sedan rate because I wanted a SUV. If they are just going to stick me in the Choice pool, I have no incentive to pay more...
Auto Enthusiast likes this.