Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at MCO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Consolidated "Renting at MCO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Old Oct 22, 2020, 6:23 am

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
Originally Posted by Presguy
I was at MCO today (10/21). They were very very well stocked with vehicles - but all mainstream sedans and crossovers. Perhaps I missed something, but I didn't see a single convertible of any sort - be it routine like a Mustang, or a prestige model.
was there anything noteworthy in the ultimate choice area?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Oct 22, 2020 at 6:31 am Reason: question is better asked in location-specific thread
Old Oct 22, 2020, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by riphamilton
was there anything noteworthy in the ultimate choice area?

Surprisingly, yes. While the Gold/5Star/and PC were fairly ordinary, there were at least half a dozen nice UC choices. Off the top of my head, I saw a few med tier Merc sedans and SUVs, a new generation BMW 7-er, two Porsche, and at least a few others I'd consider solidly worthy of UC. Though I didn't take one, it was something I haven't seen on a Hertz lot in a while. All parked up by the booth, and clean.
riphamilton, anteater and Ordpc like this.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 12:43 pm

My posts here might seem a bit out of order - I apologize, as another post on specific vehicles , and my response, got moved here before my general reply.

I picked up from MCO October 21st at about 2pm, as a PC with a reservation for a full size.

The good: The lot was very well stocked with avalable cars, and the exit gate attendant was truly kind and friendly.

The "meh": The selection of cars was fairly disappointing. Gold was a mix of 2+ year old economy four door sedans and hatches.

5Star was only slightly better, with a few Malibus, and just a couple really economical crossovers.

PC was truly disappointing. I'm a realistic - I don't expect a sea of Caddies, Mercs, and such. But, thw whole PC aise was 10k mile generic four doors, primarily Malibus, Impalas, and Kias. Only one van was available, a Buick Encore, and a Chevy Blazer. EVerything I saw had cloth seats, and at least 10k miles. Not tragic, but not the way it "used to be" either.

I took the Blazer, which was fine, though, with only 9k miles, it had a startling amount of chips and minor body damage.

In terms of ugrades, none of the "usual suspects" were available (Infinities, entry level Cadillacs, etc). There were several Ultimate Choice cars - a few Mercs of various middling trims, a newer BMW 7-series, and a few Porsche. I didn't inquire as to price, though.

One other disappointing note: I'm a PC, and have been for some time. When I arrived, just as the day prior in STL, I was a Gold on the board. I asked about choosing from PC, and she was surprisingly rudely dismissive. "If it says gold, you need to go to gold" I showed on my phone, and reservation that I was PC. She said "I'll check with the manager". She disappeared inside for a few minutes and said "OK, I guess we'll allow it just this once"
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.

Last edited by Presguy; Oct 22, 2020 at 3:06 pm
Old Oct 27, 2020, 1:08 pm

I'm going to be renting in MCO in December, and needing something with space for six + bags... But also price conscious.

This will be my first time renting since becoming a PC, if I book a minivan or large sum is it possible to upgrade to the extra capacity suv level if ones available?
Old Oct 30, 2020, 10:27 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Sixt Platinum, Hertz Gold, National Exec. Elite, Marriott Silver, Avis President's
Originally Posted by stitch626
I'm going to be renting in MCO in December, and needing something with space for six + bags... But also price conscious.

This will be my first time renting since becoming a PC, if I book a minivan or large sum is it possible to upgrade to the extra capacity suv level if ones available?
Yes, I'm PC also and rent here often. You'll be able to grab anything in the PC area, also Gold or 5 star. However, last month when I was there selection was very slim, they're only open on the A side and don't appear to be keeping much stock with MCO being so slow. Check the post just above yours for an idea of what to expect. Hopefully you'll get lucky and have a nice Suburban sitting there!
Old Nov 27, 2020, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Sixt Platinum, Hertz Gold, National Exec. Elite, Marriott Silver, Avis President's
Originally Posted by stitch626

As an update, I rented there last week - late arrival (10:30) so more might have been available earlier, but in all three sections the largest available was a couple of Ford Escapes. Lots of Malibus and other medium/small sedans, a few Nissan Kicks was about all.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 9:28 am

Hi guys I am renting from MCO on the 12th I was wondering do you think they'll give me a mustang (D2 SSAR group). I don't really like the Camaro and I have Presidents Circle so can I always just pick something from there? I have never used the presidents circle perks before I have always been with enterprise.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 9:38 am

I am renting on the 10th of December what are the chances of getting an 8 seater from PC?

Last edited by mrbm1234; Dec 6, 2020 at 9:38 am Reason: typo
Old Dec 8, 2020, 1:55 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mrbm1234
I am renting on the 10th of December what are the chances of getting an 8 seater from PC?
Close to zero. You'll occasionally see minivans in PC but the odds of finding an large SUV there are virtually nil.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 10:26 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Exclamation

MCO is in the middle of a full scale meltdown. At least 150 people waiting for cars. One counter person, one gate. Almost nothing in PC/GOLD. I had to take way lower than what I paid to even get a vehicle. Its incredibly bad. I'm a bit in shock how bad.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 10:28 pm

Programs: American Express Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by rune87
MCO is in the middle of a full scale meltdown. At least 150 people waiting for cars. One counter person, one gate. Almost nothing in PC/GOLD. I had to take way lower than what I paid to even get a vehicle. Its incredibly bad. I'm a bit in shock how bad.
I've flown into TPA the past 3 times I've visited because of how miserable the rental experience in MCO has been lately. It's honestly embarrassing.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 6:27 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by rune87
Even the airport authority vastly underestimated how busy the airport would be for the holidays.

https://orlandoairports.net/press/20...or-departures/
Old Feb 15, 2021, 2:47 am

MCO seemed pretty normal and better than this summer on Sunday night (11pm-ish). PC was fully stocked, mostly with midsize sedans and compact SUVs (esp Nissan Rogues). There was also an Impala, a Taurus and a few Ford Edges.

Five Star had a ton of Kia Souls and a few Nissan Rogues, along with a few Malibus and such.

Still nothing like the old days but definitely seems like air traffic in Orlando has picked up considerably vs summer 2020, even late in the evening there were at least 5-10 people at each rental car counter.
richwyo likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 12:01 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Arrived Thursday morning and the best options were some midsize SUV's (we took a basic Chevy Blazer) and a Chevy Impala. I noticed the 5 Star aisle had a bunch of EcoSport Titaniums as I was leaving, may have gone for that if I had noticed only because at least they'd be decently equipped.

There was a BMW 7 series in the 'Premium Upgrade' section, so I took a chance and asked if I could upgrade to that for the $25/day as a PC, she said no, then offered several decent options for $25, I made a selection then was told 'Oh, I can't do it with that USAA rate.' ...

She mentioned something that the $25/$35 Premium Upgrade isn't really a thing anymore, is that true?
Old Feb 28, 2021, 8:29 pm

MCO Saturday afternoon:
- 1x Impala Premier
- 1x Impala LT
- Several Malibus, Elantra, etc
- Approximately a bazillion Ford EcoSport, Buick Encore, Nissan Rogue, and other compact SUVs

5* was mostly compact SUVs. Gold had like 10 Kia Souls and a few similar vehicles, maybe a midsize sedan or two.

Last edited by missingcolours; Feb 28, 2021 at 11:36 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.