Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at SEA; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Consolidated "Renting at SEA; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Old Dec 7, 2023, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by DeeJayTC
Wow good hint! I thought in december cars would all have m+s tire or winter tires.Thats good to know. Thanks!
I rented from SEA in September and my car had all seasons tyres with the M+S. I'm picking one up later this month and will drive it to Vancouver. For me, I don't care what the car looks like (shiny or slick or whatever), all I care is whether it's good enough to drive and the depth of the tyre thread is the most important for winter driving.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by nacho
I rented from SEA in September and my car had all seasons tyres with the M+S. I'm picking one up later this month and will drive it to Vancouver. For me, I don't care what the car looks like (shiny or slick or whatever), all I care is whether it's good enough to drive and the depth of the tyre thread is the most important for winter driving.
Yea same, we need a somewhat larger car as we are 3 with 3 suitcases but dont care about brand or make at all as long as its clean and runs fine, never had any issues with Hertz tho. We had a broken tire once but that was fixed really fast.

Id prefer an AWD as tires even matter less but if the tires are good at least that should do as well.

Canada has a legal requirement for m+s tires right?
Old Dec 7, 2023, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yea same, we need a somewhat larger car as we are 3 with 3 suitcases but dont care about brand or make at all as long as its clean and runs fine, never had any issues with Hertz tho. We had a broken tire once but that was fixed really fast.

Id prefer an AWD as tires even matter less but if the tires are good at least that should do as well.

Canada has a legal requirement for m+s tires right?
I think so but it's rare you need that in Vancouver. I rented from Avis at YVR last year and forgot to check the tyres - it was worn to hell after the car couldn't handle wet surfaces well. I was travelling alone and when I entered Canada the officer told me to roll down the back windows and they didn't work (I didn't lock the windows - my friend tried it and they didn't work). Also, the car was stuck at 4000 rpm when entering freeway. I am their PC and they gave me such a crap car!

Last time there was a sign at SEA Hertz saying everyone pick from 5* - you have to act fast if it is the case when you are there. Make sure 1 of you stay with the bags and the other 2 go around and check for cars. As cars come and go so if you don't see any that you like, wait a bit and see if something nicer came up. We were almost ready to drive off when a brand new XC 60 got there and I ran to check and got that car.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 4:33 am

Well were not staying in Vancouver but want to go up to Whistler where snow is definitely expected haha.

Any idea how busy Christmas might be at SEA? we pick up the car at 26th prolly around 1pm if everythings on schedule
Old Dec 9, 2023, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well were not staying in Vancouver but want to go up to Whistler where snow is definitely expected haha.

Any idea how busy Christmas might be at SEA? we pick up the car at 26th prolly around 1pm if everythings on schedule
Yeah there is definitely snow up there. I went there in May 2022 when hotels were crazily affordable.

No idea what it is going to be like on the 26th, my guess would be fairly dead. I will be there a couple days before you so I think that would be worse.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 4:10 pm

Hey All

I've got a rental for an Extra Large SUV (Suburban) at SEA for a 6-person road trip to San Jose in the coming months. I'm Presidents Circle, and I'm curious of the PC selection at SEA - would I get a suburban-esque car in PC? Meaning I'd just make a midsize rental which is about half as expensive.

Has Anyone been there lately and seen the selection?
Old May 17, 2024, 10:32 am

A few years ago yes. Lately, no chance. I have made 3 trips to SEA this year. Each trip PC is the same as Gold and Five Star. Low trim Mailbus and Altimas galore. A few NIssan Rogues. I have not seen a full size SUV or Suburban-esque in PC at SEA in a years.

This week I was just about to shlep into another Malibu and they parked 2 brand new Volvo S60's in PC I grabbed one and have really been enjoying it this trip. I got lucky.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.