Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at SEA; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at SEA; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2020, 2:54 pm

Yesterday around 9pm

Gold section was closed, sign told everyone to pick from Five Star, which was empty. Long line at the gold booth.

PC did have some cars available:
Infiniti QX60
Jeep Wrangler
Cadillac CTS/XTS (not sure which)
Buick compact SUV
Toyota Camry
Chrysler 300
5-6 Chevy Impala Premier
Old Aug 31, 2020, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott, Hyatt
Unhappy Yikes

Was picking up a car around 10:30 am on 8/25. All sections closed except Presidents Circle, signs told everybody with a gold reservation to pick up from PC. Lots very empty.

PC selection was awful (few dodge caravans, few pickups, chevys). Upgrade section included a Velar and a 430i Gran Coupe (saw 430is in the PC section in SFO last month, so was disappointing to see).

Chatted with a manager a bit and I ended up taking the Velar for a $35/day upgrade, which was nice enough.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 6:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold = nothing, UA Million Miler; Alaska MVP Gold 100K
Terrible
Couple days of ago - approximately 9:00 PM
PC Section had 3 sedans. Nothing else, zilch.
Shocked....another family arrived and we all just shook our heads.
Disappointing.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 12:38 pm

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Saturday 10/24 morning - PC had:
4x BMW 430i
1x Mercedes SLC300 convertible (CA plate)
1x Mercedes A220 (CA plate)
1x BMW X3

and some other nondescript SUVs. Lot was NOT full but there were plenty Prestige collection vehicles among what was available.

Gold empty and a sign saying pick from 5*; full of Altimas and the like.
anteater, Ordpc and missingcolours like this.
Old Nov 5, 2020, 2:45 pm

Arrived to SEA on 11/3, about 21:00, as PC, with a reservation for a small SUV.

Surprisingly, most sections of the lot (Gold, 5*, PC) were pretty full (60% or more). Reserved sections weren't "full" but looked as through they were prepared.

The car selection was "meh". I saw none of the "pre-negotiated upgrades", and maybe 1 or 2 ultimate choice cars.

The cars, and service, were both faily disappointing.

They had one exit gate open - my rental had a seemingly minor issue at exit - it took over 15 minutes to fix as a bunch of poor folks backed up behind me and no "backup" was called.

The car was *filthy*. 3 layers of "Gold Standard of Clean" stickers were stuck to the door. **7** used masks were very visibly scattered around the interior. I found the rental record from the previous renter - while we don't know it's accurate, of course, it indicated the car had only been back for 28 minutes before becoming available again. The interior was dirty, and the features (base Kia Sorento), were more "base" than I imagined a modern car could be specced. I half expected to find crank windows.

I thought about returning to PC for something better - at a glance, at least - there were better choices there. But, was in too much of a hurry to bother.

As far as other cars, they were "ok" - no more, no less. No even vaguely prestige choices. Lots of economy models, and economy specced mainstream models - albeit a good variety within those limits.
kxc262 and Ordpc like this.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 5:38 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Presguy
Arrived to SEA on 11/3, about 21:00, as PC, with a reservation for a small SUV.

Surprisingly, most sections of the lot (Gold, 5*, PC) were pretty full (60% or more). Reserved sections weren't "full" but looked as through they were prepared.

The car selection was "meh". I saw none of the "pre-negotiated upgrades", and maybe 1 or 2 ultimate choice cars.

The cars, and service, were both faily disappointing.

They had one exit gate open - my rental had a seemingly minor issue at exit - it took over 15 minutes to fix as a bunch of poor folks backed up behind me and no "backup" was called.

The car was *filthy*. 3 layers of "Gold Standard of Clean" stickers were stuck to the door. **7** used masks were very visibly scattered around the interior. I found the rental record from the previous renter - while we don't know it's accurate, of course, it indicated the car had only been back for 28 minutes before becoming available again. The interior was dirty, and the features (base Kia Sorento), were more "base" than I imagined a modern car could be specced. I half expected to find crank windows.

I thought about returning to PC for something better - at a glance, at least - there were better choices there. But, was in too much of a hurry to bother.

As far as other cars, they were "ok" - no more, no less. No even vaguely prestige choices. Lots of economy models, and economy specced mainstream models - albeit a good variety within those limits.
Hi,
Any mid- or fullsize SUV in PC?
Old Nov 6, 2020, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by zarathoustra03
Hi,
Any mid- or fullsize SUV in PC?
I saw two Nissan Pathfinder Armada (the "big Pathfinder"). I believe both in PC.

Didn't see any Tahoes/Expeditions, though. Several full size pickups, if that helps at all.

EDIT: Just noticed asked also about midsize. I can't picture the full "lineup" in my head, but did see a few 4Runners in PC. Almost went back for one myself.
Ordpc and zarathoustra03 like this.

Last edited by Presguy; Nov 6, 2020 at 4:20 pm
Old Nov 27, 2020, 9:35 pm

11/27 Black Friday morning arrival -

PC lot was far from full but a pleasant surprise to see many premium-ish vehicles.

1x Yukon
1x Silverado (think it was)
2x 430i WA plates
1x 530i CA plate
1x 230i xDrive TN plate (Morgan county, surprised it wasn’t Blount)
2x Mustang Convertible (2.3 Ecoboost)
1x Mustang Hardtop (2.3 Ecoboost)

?x non descript SUVs and plain Jane Malibus and Altimas in 5*
Old Dec 26, 2020, 8:35 pm

PC 12/24 0800 - Pretty full house: 3x 430i Gran Coupe, X1, F-Pace, gaggle of Mustang coupes and convertibles (all appeared to be basic spec), several normal sedans and CUVs, a couple pickups. Prestige row had 3x 7er. and what appeared to be an A-class.

PC 12/26 1300 - 530i, Camaro, SLC, several normal sedans and crossovers. Prestige had the same 7ers and a Grand Cherokee special variant of some kind, maybe a Trackhawk or something.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 12:21 am

Aside from a few luxury cars in Reserved and the Ultimate Series having 7 series, 5 series, and Range Rover; the PC zone had a total of 5 cars and 5* and Gold were empty. Emptiest I’ve ever seen this Hertz lot today Jan 17 before MLK Jr Day

3 Malibu
1 Optima
1 Ford Mustang Convertible 2.3 Ecoboost

Went to National and got a Challenger, was a better choice and the aisle there was full, albeit more of the same plain boring sedans.
anteater likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 10:03 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by jim32190
Aside from a few luxury cars in Reserved and the Ultimate Series having 7 series, 5 series, and Range Rover; the PC zone had a total of 5 cars and 5* and Gold were empty. Emptiest I’ve ever seen this Hertz lot today Jan 17 before MLK Jr Day

3 Malibu
1 Optima
1 Ford Mustang Convertible 2.3 Ecoboost

Went to National and got a Challenger, was a better choice and the aisle there was full, albeit more of the same plain boring sedans.
Having a 5 series in the Ultimate Series seems stingy. It’s not a luxury executive sedan and can routinely be found in other facilities PC stalls.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by anteater
Having a 5 series in the Ultimate Series seems stingy. It’s not a luxury executive sedan and can routinely be found in other facilities PC stalls.
SEA doesn’t have the same exotics as you would find at LAX or SFO for example, so despite the sign saying Ultimate Series it is basically Premium Upgrades 😀
anteater likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2021, 9:15 pm

Picked up on 1/20, with a reservation for an L4/Medium 7-psgr SUV. Arrived and had an Acadia waiting in an assigned spot - decently equipped and clean.

5-star and PC were pretty empty. A smattering of mainstream sedans, a couple Kia/Hyundai crossovers, and, weirdly, several Chevy Express type passenger vans.

I asked about an upgrade and took an X3, moderately equipped and with about 9k miles, for an extra $30/day. Other choices included a Cadillac XT5, and couple Infinti QX50s for the same price, or a BMW 7-series for a little bit more.

Really pleasant service - including a nice chat with the guy at the Gold Desk, who mentioned he had been working for Hertz for about ~30 years. So I imagine staffing is pretty thin right now. But, two exit gates were open, and no lines.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Last edited by Presguy; Jan 21, 2021 at 9:24 pm
Old Jan 24, 2021, 11:34 pm

Selection is kinda sucky nowadays ... or it’s just Sundays...

1/24 8AM and Gold and 5* empty. PC had:

1 Mercedes SLC300 CA plates with damaged bumper, trim pieces missing and dents on the door
2 Chevy Colorado pickups
1 GMC Yukon
1 Nissan Qashqai ... or Rogue; not sure now.

The 1 aisle (fullsize) had an Optima, Malibu, and Mustang 2.3 convertible.

Left and went to National again. Getting a PCAR there is a bare minimum, and the car is clean and somewhat new; idk what’s going on with operations at Hertz lately.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 11:24 am

Picked up from Hertz at SEA yesterday morning. Gold, 5* and PC were all being directed to the PC zone - which carried an underwhelming selection of vehicles. Ended up with a 21 Buick Encore GX with 6,500 miles on the clock - best thing available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.