FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/)
-   -   Consolidated "Renting at DEN (DIA); What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/1848827-consolidated-renting-den-dia-what-kind-cars-expect-thread.html)

bamagal Feb 22, 2017 10:29 am

Consolidated "Renting at DEN (DIA); What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Anyone recently rent a Hertz standard size SUV at Denver airport? What vehicle did you get? Thanks!

Physci Mar 12, 2017 9:55 am

Originally Posted by bamagal (Post 27943482)
Anyone recently rent a Hertz standard size SUV at Denver airport? What vehicle did you get? Thanks!

Just back from a skiing trip through Denver, I was given a Nissan Rogue.

ehchan Mar 28, 2017 10:21 pm

Booked Mercedes C300 or similar (P4) for Denver today, was assigned a GLA250 (yuck!). I was able to trade out for a 2017 Audi A4, which is P4 as well. No nav, but the Audi is CarPlay compatible, so that's good enough for me.

bibiche101 Apr 14, 2017 6:19 pm

Consolidated "Renting at DEN; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach (Post 28162816)
So L is AWD but not explicitly advertised as such? Curious to know how you know this/where it is documented, or if it's just general experience. If that's the case then going to 2WD definitely seems like a downgrade to me.

I have just booked a L (SFAR) car in Denver International Airport. The category is described as "Toyota 4Runner or similar".
Among all the cars listed in the L category in this post, which one is more likely to be available in Denver?

Actually, I would be interested in a high clearance car and a Toyota 4Runner is much higher than a Hyundai Santa Fe, for instance.

Thanks for any advice or feedback.

Red Scorpion Apr 15, 2017 2:36 am

Originally Posted by bibiche101 (Post 28180387)
I have just booked a L (SFAR) car in Denver International Airport. The category is described as "Toyota 4Runner or similar".
Among all the cars listed in the L category in this post, which one is more likely to be available in Denver?

Actually, I would be interested in a high clearance car and a Toyota 4Runner is much higher than a Hyundai Santa Fe, for instance.

Thanks for any advice or feedback.

The sample car they quote is not necessarily the one that that you are most likely to get. On recent evidence, I would say that you are relatively unlikely at present to get a 4Runner.

Most prevalent L on fleet is the Santa Fe Sport. There are more Hyundai and Nissan on fleet than anything else at present. There are some Kia Sorento V6 models and a few new Ford Edges, a small number of Jeep Grand Cherokees (there were a lot of Jeeps a year ago, but these some to have diminished).

bibiche101 Apr 16, 2017 2:19 am

Originally Posted by Red Scorpion (Post 28181388)
The sample car they quote is not necessarily the one that that you are most likely to get. On recent evidence, I would say that you are relatively unlikely at present to get a 4Runner.

Most prevalent L on fleet is the Santa Fe Sport. There are more Hyundai and Nissan on fleet than anything else at present. There are some Kia Sorento V6 models and a few new Ford Edges, a small number of Jeep Grand Cherokees (there were a lot of Jeeps a year ago, but these some to have diminished).

ok thanks for the information.

I might change my mind and rent either a full size SUV (much more expensive though) or a standard pick-up. Both categories should ensure a high-clearance car. This does not seem to be the case with the standard SUV category (L) and the Hyundai Sante Fe.

91StealthES Jun 13, 2017 11:01 pm

Consolidated "Renting at DEN; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Returned a one-way (worst car yet this year, but surprisingly clean for a 30k Sonata) from a DEN HLE to the DEN airport and walked the UC area being my flight was delayed.

Here's what was out there at DEN this evening about 15-minutes ago:

Premium upgrade:
Mercedes GLA250
Nissan Rogue Base

Presidents Circle:

Kia Soul
Dodge Charger XLT awd
Chevy Malibu LS Eco x2
Chevy Malibu LT eco
Toyota Corolla LE
Hyundai Sonata x3
Nissan Altima base x9
Hyundai Accent
Toyota Avalon XLE x2
Old Chevy Impala LT limited
Range Rover Discovery sport

5 Star:

Kia Soul
Nissan Altima base 3
Hyundai Elantra SE
Kia Rio gdi
Nissan Juke
Hyundai Elantra base
Nissan Rogue awd x2
Nissan Rogue base
Chevy Cruze lt
Old Chevy impala lt limited x2
Nissan Sentra x2
Corolla le x2
Hyundai Accent
Toyota Camry SE
Kia Forte

Gold:

Corolla S
Kia Forte
Kia Rio gdi
Hyundai Accent
Hyundai Sonata x2
Nissan Altima base x7
Toyota Camry SE
Nissan Sentra

strickerj Jun 14, 2017 7:11 am

Originally Posted by 91StealthES (Post 28440011)
Premium upgrade:
Nissan Rogue Base

Seriously? How much did they want for it? Or was it just parked there temporarily?

ncSam Jun 14, 2017 7:35 am

Originally Posted by strickerj (Post 28441146)
Seriously? How much did they want for it? Or was it just parked there temporarily?

I've thought the same thing when I've seen non-luxury vehicles parked in the Upgrade area. Keep in mind that PC, 5*, and Gold members are all eligible to use the upgrade area ($35 more a day, or $25 more a day for Plat and PC). So a Gold member could make a C reservation but want an SUV. If there isn't one in the Gold area to choose from, they could get it for $35 more a day from the upgrade area, which could be cheaper than booking an SUV outright.

91StealthES Jun 14, 2017 9:07 am

Originally Posted by strickerj (Post 28441146)

Neither vehicle had a hang tag, but both were definately parked in the upgrade section. There was also a Cayanne and C63 on the sidewalk near the rental counter that didn't have tags either.

The Rogue was really the only SUV out there, but I was surprised that better versions of it were available for no fee.

strickerj Jun 14, 2017 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by ncSam (Post 28441242)
I've thought the same thing when I've seen non-luxury vehicles parked in the Upgrade area. Keep in mind that PC, 5*, and Gold members are all eligible to use the upgrade area ($35 more a day, or $25 more a day for Plat and PC). So a Gold member could make a C reservation but want an SUV. If there isn't one in the Gold area to choose from, they could get it for $35 more a day from the upgrade area, which could be cheaper than booking an SUV outright.

Huh, I guess that makes sense, but it does seem like a raw deal to upgrade to a pretty basic crossover for the same price as a prestigious brand car.

nldogbert Aug 28, 2017 7:32 am

DEN - PC

Picked up a car last week in DEN from the PC UC area - they were mainly Full sizes with a few SUV's in the lot. Picked up a Santa Fe. Too bad no Infiniti cars available in this area, saw 3-4 of the Q50's in the upgrade selections.

On a side note - the Santa Fe had a mileage of > 20000 miles on it and sadly saw (after leaving the lot) lots of stains on the upholstery of the seats. I sadly did not like the ride at all as the pick up of the vehicle was surprisingly bad - car felt too heavy for the engine.

Cheers!

IntlSalesGuy Nov 28, 2017 3:49 pm

President's Circle DEN

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...57ff98dd86.jpg
Arrived in DEN around 7:30pm Monday (after Thanksgiving) and there were tons of cars to choose from, including the usual full-size sedans, but also SUV's (Explorers, Tahoes) and luxury (Cadillac XTS, Infiniti QX60, QX70). I took the QX70 and when I exited the lot, the agent thanked me for being President's Circle and handed me a small box. Inside was a portable battery charger with a Hertz logo. 2200maH, not a bad gift.

Josue Puentes Dec 12, 2017 4:35 am

What car to expect at Hertz Denver Airport DEN?

We’re placing a reservation with Hertz for January 2018. I was hoping to book a QX80 or a Suburban since there’s 7 of us, however it’s showing not available. Instead, we’re having to go with the Elite Crossover option from their site (Group Z4 / RGDR). According to their site, it’s a 7 passenger vehicle, and it would be an Infiniti QX60 from their Prestige Collection. However, my experience in the past at other airports, is that it’s one thing what they write and another thing what they really have. Does anybody know what kind of vehicle to expect for an Elite Crossover at DEN?
I was really hoping for a QX80 or a Suburban, but they don’t show those available.
Also, does anybody know if when we get there at DEN and they do happen to have a QX80 or Suburban, if that Group/Category we’re renting from would allow us to select one of those vehicles at no extra cost or are we talking a big upgrade fee?
Thanks!

GlobalServiced Mar 8, 2018 7:41 am

Can anyone comment on which pickups (S, SCAR) are most likely to be at DEN currently?