Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at DEN (DIA); What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at DEN (DIA); What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2018, 9:10 pm

Programs: United 1K, SWA RR ALP-CP, Hertz #1 Gold PC, HH Lifetime Diamond
President’s Circle at DEN has been extremely disappointing every time I’ve been through there in the past six months. Half-empty rows of base Altimas, Malibus, and Impalas. The lone Maxima I found in PC last time in Denver had a torn up headliner and broken sunroof, the Subaru Legacy I got in had a dead battery, and the sole Infiniti in the section was locked and marked “lost key”.

Certainly not my idea of the “Ultimate Choice”, especially after completing 75+ rentals at airports all over the US.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 7:57 pm

Around 2 AM Sept 10th, the PC lot has two Chrysler 300 and maybe three or five of Malibus. Also one Dodge Charger and one or two Maxima. Can't recall the SUVs but I ended up getting a Buick Envision, which was nice.

Interestingly the Infiniti Q50 is in the Premium Upgrade zone.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 2:01 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
Rental Date: Monday, 10/22/18 around 2pm

I drove away with a 2019 Ram 1500 crew cab with only 3 miles on the odometer!

Gold Section = a lot of minivans, a few Chevy Cruze and maybe two other Dodge Ram pickups. Mediocre at best. Did see several Tahoe/Yukons in PC.

Last edited by ChevyCruze; Oct 25, 2018 at 2:01 pm Reason: punctuation
Old Nov 16, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat,TK*G, UA *S, SPG Plat, Marriot Plat, Hertz PC
In hertz current description, it says a RAM1500 can seat 6 people. Is that even possible?

Just curious, if I have 6 people and clearly it does not fit in the truck. Could I argue for a change for Suburban or Yukon?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Nov 17, 2018 at 5:23 pm Reason: moved from fleet thread since the same question was cross-posted in this forum
Old Nov 16, 2018, 8:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by dennisliu19
In hertz current description, it says a RAM1500 can seat 6 people. Is that even possible?

Just curious, if I have 6 people and clearly it does not fit in the truck. Could I argue for a change for Suburban or Yukon?
They do seat 6 people, I had rented ram1500/Silverado/F150 in the class and they all seat 6 with bench seat in both front and back. It is very tight though.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:51 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Hertz Denver

Has anyone rented a Range Rover Sport from the Denver location? If so, how new is the car and what trim?

Thanks in advance
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
It's likely to be the HSE trim ... standard in the DREAM collection
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hert...-thread-3.html
Old Feb 19, 2019, 7:20 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
I merged the thread with the consolidated DEN rental thread.

Thanks
Jason8612 Hertz mod
Joonydell likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 11:45 pm

I only glimpsed the Hertz lot briefly as I was driving by in the early morning, but I saw that PC was chock full of Tahoes and Suburbans.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 6:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by m907
I only glimpsed the Hertz lot briefly as I was driving by in the early morning, but I saw that PC was chock full of Tahoes and Suburbans.
This is pretty normal as ski season winds down and you have less people needing all of the ski equipment and luggage space.
Old May 22, 2019, 5:09 pm

rented two weeks ago and was able to score a QX80 at the PC lot. As m907 mentioned, FS and PC lots were full of suburbans and tahoes, with a few escalades mixed in. Think I saw a land cruiser as well.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: Avis Preferred, BA Sapphire, Hertz Gold
What kind of cars can I usually find in the upgrade section during summertime? Any cool cars like Mustangs, Corvettes, BMW 7-series, AMG Mercedes and so on? Or is it more geared towards SUV? Any special vehicles parked in front of the Gold desk like in Las Vegas/Los Angeles?

Cheers!
Old Jun 19, 2019, 3:25 pm

Can minivans generally be found in Gold or Five Star at DEN?
Old Jul 11, 2019, 5:01 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Was there at 730am on a Thursday and the lot was filled, but nothing overly exciting. The PC was filled with 5 passenger SUV's and more Outbacks than a Subaru dealership. Cars were mostly mid tier Chevy's with a few Fusions mixed in and one low trim Kona. Didn't see a single 7+ pass SUV or minivan in any of the areas. Only 2 trucks and they were low tier Ram and Silverado. Upgrades were pretty sparse as well. Camaro SS $20 Wrangler $35 Was back around 3PM and more of the same, but a lot more empty stalls. Took an Escape Titanium.

Denver has some nice one ways from the airport to some of the HLE's. Midsize car is $11 and with airport taxes is about $20. You can keep it for up to 24 hours and includes 180 miles and gas is included. For $40, I got a car for when I needed it, with gas included, and paid an additional $10 for a train ticket back to the airport.Saved over $100 doing this.
jason8612 and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 9:21 am

Presidential Circle: Last Saturday evening - empty lot, couple of compact cars - ended up taking a 18 maxima in the dark, it was all dinged up, scratched up and rattled and vibrated over 50 miles an hour. what a mess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.