Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at DEN (DIA); What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at DEN (DIA); What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2018, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat, MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Anyone able to comment on what they usually get when renting a Rover Discovery/Infiniti QX60 (Z4, RGDR) at DEN? Would love to try out the Discovery, but not sure if it's worth rolling the dice on or not.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: Hertz Gold
Help with Rental Selection at DEN

We're traveling to Denver in October and I need some guidance on which class to rent. We will be traveling with a baby and a toddler so car seats are definitely involved. I'd love to do a Q4 because it's cheaper, but I would only want this class if I knew for sure I could get a Subaru Outback. Does anyone have any insight on our chances of getting an Outback at DEN? Otherwise, we're looking at a 7 passenger SUV or a minivan. I already have reservations for both of those but would much prefer an Outback.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by queenlizzle
We're traveling to Denver in October and I need some guidance on which class to rent. We will be traveling with a baby and a toddler so car seats are definitely involved. I'd love to do a Q4 because it's cheaper, but I would only want this class if I knew for sure I could get a Subaru Outback. Does anyone have any insight on our chances of getting an Outback at DEN? Otherwise, we're looking at a 7 passenger SUV or a minivan. I already have reservations for both of those but would much prefer an Outback.
Not impossible, but quite unlikely to get an Outback. Most likely vehicle is a Nissan Rogue in that category, or a Jeep Compass.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:39 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
You're far from guaranteed an Outback ... there are other vehicles in the Q4 category ... and it just depends on the day what vehicles are available and who is there before you and what vehicles they take ...
Basically your question is unanswerable.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hert...ct-thread.html
m907 likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:59 am

You could just make two reservations, one for a Q4 and one for a minivan/7 seat SUV. Then, see what they assign you on arrival, and if there's no Outback available, just use the other reservation.
m907 likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 2:09 pm

Programs: Hertz Gold
Thanks - I didn't even know that was an option. I assumed I would have to cancel one of the reservations before that time. Thanks for the excellent tip!
Old Aug 8, 2018, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by queenlizzle
Thanks - I didn't even know that was an option. I assumed I would have to cancel one of the reservations before that time. Thanks for the excellent tip!
If you book it under your own profile, then they have your cc and they will charge you no show or whatever fee. If you book as guest and claim the points/ miles later, without giving them your cc info, then you might be able to do two booking. I dont' know if their system can link the guest bookings back to you though.... Just my thought.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by ddlo1982
If you book it under your own profile, then they have your cc and they will charge you no show or whatever fee. If you book as guest and claim the points/ miles later, without giving them your cc info, then you might be able to do two booking. I dont' know if their system can link the guest bookings back to you though.... Just my thought.
Unless it's explicitly disclosed upfront, Hertz doesn't charge no show fees.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 2:27 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
As the above topic is closely related to the consolidated DEN rental thread, I merged the threads together

Jason8612 Hertz Mod
FlyinHawaiian likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Going to book a premium car and looking for a full size SUV from the PC area. Do they typically have many full size SUV's in this area? Thanks
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Any recent observations of Ultimate Choice here? I’ve got a reservation for the morning of 9/2 (Sunday during Labor Day weekend, unfortunately - I’m just hoping there’ll be something left).
Old Sep 2, 2018, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by strickerj
Any recent observations of Ultimate Choice here? I’ve got a reservation for the morning of 9/2 (Sunday during Labor Day weekend, unfortunately - I’m just hoping there’ll be something left).
Was just there last week. UC was pretty picked over. Impalas, midsize SVUs, mini vans, etc. Nothing special.

Spotted a Tahoe but someone already claimed it and was getting in when I walked up. Grabbed a Traverse. Fairly loaded and active sat radio no complaints.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by Dsnow0819
Was just there last week. UC was pretty picked over. Impalas, midsize SVUs, mini vans, etc. Nothing special.

Spotted a Tahoe but someone already claimed it and was getting in when I walked up. Grabbed a Traverse. Fairly loaded and active sat radio no complaints.
Thanks for that... turns out our train was delayed overnight, so we aren’t there yet, but I do have a weird update - I got 2 Hertz “Carfirmations”. One had a specific vehicle and stall (a Jeep Cherokee on a C reservation), and the other said proceed to the Gold lot to choose. So I guess we’ll see.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by strickerj

Thanks for that... turns out our train was delayed overnight, so we aren’t there yet, but I do have a weird update - I got 2 Hertz “Carfirmations”. One had a specific vehicle and stall (a Jeep Cherokee on a C reservation), and the other said proceed to the Gold lot to choose. So I guess we’ll see.
I took a glance at UC when I got there (just Gold since that’s all I qualify for), and it was mostly Sentras with a Malibu or Impala (only saw part of it) and a Jeep, either a new Compass or Cherokee. So, I just decided to take the Cherokee that was reserved for me. It’s a Limited 4x4, so not bad. I’m still not sure why I got a reserved stall on a C booking though - maybe because it’s one way (i.e., they gave me a car that location wanted to get rid of)?
Old Sep 2, 2018, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
In July had booked a V8 challenger and they didn't have one, tried to give me a Mercedes SUV instead, but didn't want it (they seemed shocked), and then somehow found what I had booked...
Auto Enthusiast and strickerj like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.