FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/)
-   -   Consolidated "Renting at MCI; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/1848825-consolidated-renting-mci-what-kind-cars-expect-thread.html)

ALARISstl May 12, 2017 8:45 pm

Consolidated "Renting at MCI; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

MCI is going live Tues (May 16)

jackal May 21, 2017 11:00 pm

A family member picked up from MCI a few days ago. Choices (Gold, no status, booked midsize) were "a small Toyota or a small Hyundai." (I'm guessing Corolla and Elantra, perhaps?)

Pick-up process sounded smooth, though, and exit gate agent was apparently friendly.

IntlSalesGuy Jun 4, 2017 9:24 pm

MCI President's Circle

At MCI this Sunday afternoon and the PC section was very underwhelming. 2 long rows of F cars, mostly Hyundai Sonatas, VW Passats, Kia Optimas, some Nissan Altimas. I asked the agent what was going on and he said if I wanted anything nicer it would be an upgrade. Just as I was about to settle on one of the sedans, a 2017 Buick Envision (L, 11K miles with Sirius XM) pulled in, so I took it.

dinanm3atl Jun 5, 2017 6:46 am

Originally Posted by IntlSalesGuy (Post 28403028)
At MCI this Sunday afternoon and the PC section was very underwhelming. 2 long rows of F cars, mostly Hyundai Sonatas, VW Passats, Kia Optimas, some Nissan Altimas. I asked the agent what was going on and he said if I wanted anything nicer it would be an upgrade. Just as I was about to settle on one of the sedans, a 2017 Buick Envision (L, 11K miles with Sirius XM) pulled in, so I took it.

A few Passats and Optimas doesn't seem terrible. I got an Optima at AUS earlier this year and while it's not amazing it's far better than the C Booked. I have gotten a Caddy or Infiniti at other locations so it's not as good as it 'could' be. I would wager there are some rough guidelines but the station manager on duty decides what goes where.

GUWonder Jun 7, 2017 4:43 am

Originally Posted by IntlSalesGuy (Post 28403028)

President's Circle and Ultimate Choice does indeed seem to be on the decline. Even as I've been expecting that given the short-term aims of the company and its affiliates, it's unfortunate for consumers as it's just another sign of another company hyping up something for its baiting impact and halo effect; it's no better when the company expects itself to over-promise and under-deliver to its customers.

Beckles Jul 23, 2017 7:19 am

I picked up at 9:30 PM on Saturday, July 22nd and it was a sea of full-size cars (Camry, Altima, Sonata, and Passats is what I recall), plus a Ford Taurus and a Chrysler 300S (which I took, had less than 1k miles).

The upgrade section had QX30's and Q50's that I noticed.

ALARISstl Jul 23, 2017 9:14 am

This week, 5* had a sea of Altimas and Sonatas with one Camry and Passat. PC had some Maximas, Avalons and a couple of Infinitis.

( I think my last six rentals nationwide have been Altimas but $35/day for a YF with leather and Sirius is certainly better than before UC. Tip: quick way to spot a loaded Altima, look at the wheels)

IntlSalesGuy Aug 8, 2017 11:12 pm

Showed up at MCI close to midnight this past Saturday and PC was mostly full size cars... Hyundai Sonatas, Nissan Altimas, Kia Optimas, etc. There was also a Chrysler 300S and Ford Explorer XLT. I took the Chrysler 300S and it only had 1,100 miles on it with working Sirius XM. Fun car to drive too.

kxc262 Sep 17, 2017 7:23 pm

Any recent trip reports for PC?

Beckles Sep 19, 2017 11:47 am

Yeah, it's a pretty marginal selection the past two times I've been there, the best you could hope for was a well-optioned YF or an SUV (but not a loaded one). The one time I was renting I got a Toyota Four Runner SR5 (the other time I was there is when I returned and checked out what was available).

IntlSalesGuy Sep 25, 2017 11:13 pm

Just arrived at MCI around midnight Sunday evening, and PC aisles had only full size cars. Mostly Sonatas and Altimas. Saw an Impala and was going to take it, but it smelled of cigarette smoke. Nothing nice or interesting this time around. Pretty typical of MCI.

kchoya Sep 27, 2017 11:47 pm

Anyone had any recent experience with the luxury (I) options here? I have a trip in December.

hoyt Oct 4, 2017 2:43 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Picked up on Tuesday, Ultimate Choice was all full size, a few oversized SUVs, and one 300s, which I took. The line to get on the rental car bus was ridiculous (attached). Renting from MCI is an overall poor experience.

ALARISstl Oct 26, 2017 10:17 pm

Tues around 3pm, PC had a few Altimas, minivans and that was about it. 5* was completely empty. When I returned today around 10am saw one 300 and one Explorer in PC and a couple of Elantra’s and Sentra’s in 5*. I walked over to National and got a QX80. MCI started out strong with UC but their selection lately has been abysmal!

ALARISstl Nov 30, 2017 9:49 pm

MCI this week, 5* was mostly Sentra, Elantra and Altima. PC was mostly Altimas with I’m guessing lower miles and a couple of Fusions. Pretty lame, I’m back to reserving Premium which will at least get me something other than an Altima.