Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at LAX; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 19, 2019, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
January 2021 Update, courtesy of CalItalian:

Hertz, Dollar and Thrifty are now permanently combined in the Hertz facility until the move in a couple of years to the under construction consolidated car rental facility/garage a mile to the west on the corner of Arbor Vitae and La Cienega.

Returns do not allow agents to check in cars and provide in-person receipts; it has to be emailed. Contracts will not be closed until the vehicle has been sanitized. Be sure to take a photo of your dashboard (fuel gauge/mileage) and any other photos of the vehicle before you leave it in case there are any issues.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Renting at LAX; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2018, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by andrew84
It would be Mustang GT though, so 5.0 litre V8...goes a bit better than the Ecoboost!
Yes i know its a GT :-) otherwise i would consider it a big downgrade. A GT is just irritating when i have have expected a Camaro and could possibly be used to negotiate a discount.

Originally Posted by turbov6
Hertz just recently added a V4 category at LAX
- (V4) Mustang/Camaro/Challenger or similar.
It has the adrenaline collection logo beside it so presumably these are all V8 models.
Yes i would assume, the 10 km/l and the price would also point towards V8. But its not cool that they dont specify what you can expect.

I'm just glad the the "Camaro SS" i have booked was ordered at a cheaper rate than the ones they currently have on their website. $960 for 13 days compared the the $1400 on the website now.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 8:22 pm

Have been in the forum for a while; now it’s my first post. Picked up at LAX last Thursday (Dec 6th) around 2pm; booked midsize. PC selection was good I would say. It had several convertibles/coupes: slc350, camero (very base trim), and a weird looking Buick....not too many suvs, only saw a pathfinder. I grabbed the key of that slc 350(?) and then wandered around the lot. And at the very end of the aisle, a mustang gt with performance package showed up (18k Miles)! The hood was still warm. 4 days, 100 bucks for this beauty...I think it was a great deal The car was thirsty, but it was fun. Put 1500 miles on it. The premium upgrade zone was filled with Infiniti, but all with high mileage. A brand new xts was there as well. The staff at LAX was really good, way better compared to SFO....
I picked up a Tahoe LT at MCO the same day after I returned the mustang. I will post this in MCO thread. I’ve been using the ultimate choice four times; overall it is quite positive. I haven’t tried National...for me, the price from National is generally way higher than hertz...
CMK10 likes this.

Last edited by wyh666; Dec 18, 2018 at 10:45 pm
Old Dec 20, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite
Today 12/20 at LAX 12:00
The whole lot was full but nothing good at PC
Bunch of 300 and Malibu
2 challenger 1 V6 1 V8
1 sienna
1 pacifica
1 Q50
3 camaro convertibles
A few maximas and Avalons
Random fullsize sedans
No suv of anykind.
They were all 2017/18 models with pretty high mileage
I has checked a few of the cars and the one with
Old Dec 29, 2018, 4:43 am

Hello guys,

I'm a plain Gold member and I've recently made a reservation for a (U) convertible for beginning of June 2019, at the Heatz LAX location.
However, as the car make and model is not guaranteed, I wonder which would be the alternatives in case the Mustang won't be available.
Is there any chance I will get a lower class car for the price I paid for the convertible? In this case, I am thinking I can make another eservation as backup, with a lower rate for a midsize SUV (Q4), which is cheaper.

Thanks
Old Jan 7, 2019, 3:15 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Arrived around 1130 today (Monday); saw quite a few Pacifca and Grand Caravan minivans. SUV included a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, Rav4, and some other GM models. One huge Yukon XL, a few Mustang convertibles, a Mustang GT hardtop, and various sedans. I found a QX60 and tried to drive it out only to be told it had been parked in the wrong space (somebody who parks cars can't tell Space 223 from Space 323 apparently). When I got back to the PC section, all the good cars were gone; I took an H4 2019 Kia Sorrento LX V-6 with 18,000 miles on the odometer.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 12, 2019 at 9:15 am
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:28 pm

I'm renting from here for the first time in aaaaages on Friday. Do you think i'll be left with a dodgy old Sonata or a base Chrysler 300 to choose from because of the holiday weekend?

The rate was a bit of a bargain at <$100 for 4 days rental. I was tempted to book premium or LUXE but I know that'd usually just result in a nasty Buick or something so left it at intermediate.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:20 am

Five star lane was roughly half-empty on Monday. This was the selection: Fusion, Corolla, Altima, Caravan, Soul and Sportage.
Joonydell likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by Thomas Eriksen
What are your experience with renting a specific car?

Next month i have rented a (U4) Chevy Camaro SS Convertible so i'm supposed to be guaranteed this exact car. Do they assign me a car that are reserved for me, or can i chose any Camaro SS?
To update om the question i asked myself, i arrived on January 5 top Hertz at LAX, my name was on the board to go to the counter. Fortunatly there were no one in line in front of me so it was very quick. As expected, they did not initally honor the fact that i had booked a specific model and offered me a Mustang. When asked they did also have the Camaro i had booked, so no problem. But i ended up Driving away in the Mustang anyway, and the reason were quite logical. The Camaro was a 2017 model with quite a lot of miles on it and the Mustang vas almost brand new, 2814 miles on it and was registered in late November 2018, besides the Mustang vas a Premium model, so it had all the nice extras. I ended up driving a total of 2098 miles in it and totalled an average of 20.9 mpg thanks to the long transport drives i did.

Also i was offered the Corvette as an upgrade for 50$ a day. It would have been nice but i was renting for 13 days so it would be quite an extra cost, also i guess that the corvette is more a sportscar so might have been a bit more uncomfortable om my long drive.

Before i left the lot i also took a short tour of the lot and took some pictures, the selection was not that great, but i guess that it depends on how much you paid.

maarten22 and Alclayno like this.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:36 am

$50 a day for the Z06 or regular Corvette?
Old Jan 19, 2019, 6:06 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Arrived today (Saturday) around 10 am. Lots of Chevy Malibu and Impala in LT and Premium trim, a few GMC Terrain SUV, a few Chrysler 300, and the odd Nissan Maxima, Pathfinder, and Kia Soul thrown in. The last row was pretty much pick your minivan; either Dodge Grand Caravan GT or Toyota Siennas in LE, XLE, and SE trim. The Siennas were in pretty rough shape; all were 2018 with 20,000+ miles. I picked a 2019 Grand Caravan GT with Navi and Sirius/XM with AZ plates and 4,700 miles on the odometer. As I was leaving, they were bringing in a bunch of Toyota 4Runner SR5s.
Joonydell likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 1:04 pm
GWS

Programs: Hertz, Delta
LAX reservation for a LR Discovery or Infinity QX60 in 2 weeks.

Have a reservation for a Z4 class vehicle in 2 weeks at LAX. Wondering what the chances are I might get the Discovery over the QX60. Plan to be in some light off road/ possible snow and would prefer the Land Rover, but I feel like I usually see way more Infinities at most Hertz locations.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by GWS
Have a reservation for a Z4 class vehicle in 2 weeks at LAX. Wondering what the chances are I might get the Discovery over the QX60. Plan to be in some light off road/ possible snow and would prefer the Land Rover, but I feel like I usually see way more Infinities at most Hertz locations.
There is a dedicated LAX thread for questions like this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by maarten22
$50 a day for the Z06 or regular Corvette?
To Be honest i'm not entirely sure if it was a Z06 or a regular. He Mentioned something about it being the Hertz model, but i didnt ask further.
maarten22 likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:31 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, Marriott Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve, HH Diamond
to be honest, lax always has a nice variety of car. if you end up with the infinite, you can always swap it for a vehicle in the same class.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:29 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by m907
There is a dedicated LAX thread for questions like this.
I went ahead and merged the threads

Thanks
Jason8612 Hertz mod

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.