Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at LAX; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 19, 2019, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
January 2021 Update, courtesy of CalItalian:

Hertz, Dollar and Thrifty are now permanently combined in the Hertz facility until the move in a couple of years to the under construction consolidated car rental facility/garage a mile to the west on the corner of Arbor Vitae and La Cienega.

Returns do not allow agents to check in cars and provide in-person receipts; it has to be emailed. Contracts will not be closed until the vehicle has been sanitized. Be sure to take a photo of your dashboard (fuel gauge/mileage) and any other photos of the vehicle before you leave it in case there are any issues.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Renting at LAX; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2022, 11:02 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
2/19 8PM pick up. Almost NO cars on the lot. Gold and 5* completely empty and less than a dozen cars in PC. Rest of the lot was also pretty much empty. Not sure what was going on. In PC there were a few newer Corollas and Sentras, a few domestic SUVs (didn't look that closely), a couple of mustangs and an Acura iLx. People were already grabbing the Corollas, I had no interest in an SUV or a Mustang, so I took the Acura. Big mistake. Turned out to be a 2017 model with almost 62K miles. Fortunately I didn't have a ton of driving to do.
I left Hertz very low ratings in my post rental survey.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 2:56 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
None of the vehicles that were out had those stickers on there, or if they did, they were already ripped. I am not even sure they still put those on.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 11:07 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
23-Feb-2022 at 8:45am. PC was completely full. A Mustang convertible, Camaro SS convertible, Suburban, BMW 330, Subaru Forester, 2018 VW Tiguan, 2021 Ford Escape Titanium, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad with 4 miles on it. I took the Ford because I was deprived of one that was in the PC lot in Orlando two weeks ago and I hadn't driven one until now. Plus I have two passengers this week and need the rear legroom. The Tacoma had poor rear legroom.

About 40 Teslas on the lot. Some dual motor. No cars available in Gold or 5*. The yellow stickers are still used.

Old Feb 28, 2022, 8:22 am

This thread is just what I’ve been looking for!

coming in early April, pickup up a base mustang Conv. At JW Marriott, hoping to catch an upgrade at LAX Hub.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 11:03 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by MartinN86
This thread is just what I’ve been looking for!

coming in early April, pickup up a base mustang Conv. At JW Marriott, hoping to catch an upgrade at LAX Hub.
If your reservation is to pick up at the JW Marriott, you wouldn’t be eligible to pick up from LAX unless your reservation is created for that location
Old Feb 28, 2022, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
If your reservation is to pick up at the JW Marriott, you wouldn’t be eligible to pick up from LAX unless your reservation is created for that location
I’ll pick it up at JW, then drive to LAX to try and get an upgrade. Hertz confirmed it’s possible, but they don’t know their fleet for April this far ahead.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by MartinN86
I’ll pick it up at JW, then drive to LAX to try and get an upgrade. Hertz confirmed it’s possible, but they don’t know their fleet for April this far ahead.
It would be a paid upgrade under your description you just can’t bring the car to another facility (LAX) and ask for an upgrade. Am I missing something here?
Old Feb 28, 2022, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
It would be a paid upgrade under your description you just can’t bring the car to another facility (LAX) and ask for an upgrade. Am I missing something here?
LOL - No you're not missing out, it would for sure be a paid upgrade, and therefore i'm looking into what cars in the fleet they have right now :-)
Old Apr 7, 2022, 1:45 am

Hey everyone - does anyone know what category the Dodge Charger Hemi R/T is when reserving a car on the Hertz site ? I have seen pics and video of this model in the PC aisles at LAX but how can i reserve one ?
Old Apr 7, 2022, 4:09 pm

Not sure if accurate, but last time I saw a Challenger R/T in Hertz PC it was key-tagged F6. This was ~2019/2020. I think F6 is like a fancier subclass of their F class.

EDIT: Charger*
jizen, Westcoast Flyer and Ordpc like this.

Last edited by glostix; Apr 7, 2022 at 6:22 pm
Old Apr 7, 2022, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by glostix
Not sure if accurate, but last time I saw a Challenger R/T in Hertz PC it was key-tagged F6. This was ~2019/2020. I think F6 is like a fancier subclass of their F class.
thanks ! Group F is called Large Sedan but i see the Challenger R/T listed under Group V ( Adrenaline Collection ) I am still trying to figure out what group the Charger R/T is in.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 6:21 pm

My mistake, I meant to type Charger* not challenger
Westcoast Flyer and Ordpc like this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 9:02 pm

Hertz has so many SXT/GT but not V8 R/T, so it's not something you can book in advance (the exact model)
It's still simply tagged as F6/4 door sedan but there are some locations charging it as premium upgrade
Old Apr 9, 2022, 4:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by jizen
Hertz has so many SXT/GT but not V8 R/T, so it's not something you can book in advance (the exact model)
It's still simply tagged as F6/4 door sedan but there are some locations charging it as premium upgrade
Personally had seen RT vs SXT/GT in a 9:1 ratio in the past 2 years.
RT are definitely more common than other trims
Westcoast Flyer likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 11:47 pm

How long have folks typically waited for LAX to close out their reservation if they weren't able to close out with someone upon return? I've previously always waited for someone to check me in before leaving, but this time there appeared to be only one person for probably a dozen cars and he was busy helping someone who I believe lost the key card to their Model 3 (ugh), and I was worried about making my flight (correctly, it turns out--LAX traffic is as bad as I remember it from before the pandemic). So I reluctantly took a video of the exterior as well as photos of the dash and headed out. Despite reaching out to Hertz CS for help--they said they would send a message to the station to close out my rental--it's been over 24 hours and I've still yet to receive confirmation that my rental's been closed. I know there are other threads on this general topic, but I figured experiences may vary by station, so I'm posting here (mods feel free to remove if you think it doesn't fit).

As for the actual subject of the thread, PC was pretty full when I picked up on Thursday, 4/7 around 9:00pm. Mostly usual suspects, but I was happy to grab a 2021 Q50 with 16K miles. Other options I considered included a brand-new Tacoma (I think it was a TRD of some sort) and a low-mileage Pathfinder SV.
Ordpc likes this.

Last edited by KE81; Apr 12, 2022 at 11:05 am Reason: Fixed missing punctuation

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.