Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at LAX; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 19, 2019, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
January 2021 Update, courtesy of CalItalian:

Hertz, Dollar and Thrifty are now permanently combined in the Hertz facility until the move in a couple of years to the under construction consolidated car rental facility/garage a mile to the west on the corner of Arbor Vitae and La Cienega.

Returns do not allow agents to check in cars and provide in-person receipts; it has to be emailed. Contracts will not be closed until the vehicle has been sanitized. Be sure to take a photo of your dashboard (fuel gauge/mileage) and any other photos of the vehicle before you leave it in case there are any issues.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Renting at LAX; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2018, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by Phenomenon
same booking here also between 27/09 - 06/10

waiting for an answer and also what the original post owner experienced
Hello, going to LA too and renting from HertZ LAX for 2 weeks. Have exact reservation.
What caught me is the Merc GLC but I guess will not be available. Best scase will be Range Rover Evoque.

Looking forward to your sharing what car model you assign to and feedback
Old Sep 1, 2018, 4:58 pm

Hmm I thought H4 was the Merc GLA types. They do have a few GLCs on fleet (well, i've seen at least a couple anyway, always in the 'reserved' section) but I've only seen an Evoque once in the last 9 months of renting fairly regularly here, and that one was an out state plated one. If you don't get a GLC I'd get good money on it being an Infiniti QX60 or some sort of Buick SUV.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 7:11 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by LJ7006
Was at LAX the mornning of last Friday 8/24
Best offerings at PC I have ever seen at LAX
There were no regular cars of any kind at PC area
Many Suburbans/Yukon XL
Brand new GLA250 x 4 (I took one with 6 miles on the clock)
QX80 x 2
Escalade x 2
Range Rover Evoque x 1
SLC300 x 2
Q50 x 3
Q60 x 2
Q70 x 1
Dodge Challenger Scat Pack x 1
that is an excellent selection. Was the Scat Pack in upgrade or in PC?
Old Sep 2, 2018, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by Bjam99
Hmm I thought H4 was the Merc GLA types. They do have a few GLCs on fleet (well, i've seen at least a couple anyway, always in the 'reserved' section) but I've only seen an Evoque once in the last 9 months of renting fairly regularly here, and that one was an out state plated one. If you don't get a GLC I'd get good money on it being an Infiniti QX60 or some sort of Buick SUV.
My H4 booking shows GLC / Range Rover Evoque. Personally I looking forward to Merc Benz ... Can do with a GLC or GLA or C class. Just want to drive a Benz to fulfill childhood dream. Too expensive to own one back in my home country. If it is in the "reserved" section, any chance it will be assign to my reservation? Or priority will go to PC member?
Old Sep 2, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite
Was at LAX again on Friday 8/31
PC/Five Star/Gold were all fully stock with cars, but selection was bad
The choices were an even amount of 300/Avalon/Taurus/Rogue/Sorento/Equinox
I guess it was a good upgrade for five star and gold members but for PC members many weren't satisfied with the choices
About 10 PC members including myself were not happy with the selection so we all waited over half an hour until a rep approached us and asked what kind of cars we were looking for

All of our requested were granted without an upgrade charge
Cars we requested included
Discovery Sport
Suburban
QX60
XE
XTS
Wrangler
SLC300
Challenger RT

Originally Posted by 91StealthES

that is an excellent selection. Was the Scat Pack in upgrade or in PC?
It was in PC, that particulate morning upgrade section had a lone corvette and that was it.
maarten22 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 11:48 pm

Programs: TK ELITE
Originally Posted by Phenomenon
same booking here also between 27/09 - 06/10

waiting for an answer and also what the original post owner experienced

anyone know the deposit amount for the H4 group cars ?

thank you
Old Sep 4, 2018, 5:22 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Arrived at LAX around 10 am this past Saturday (Labor Day Weekend). The PC area was half-full and didn't have anything remarkable in it. The "best" cars available were about five or six Chrysler 300. Other members had already claimed the sole Infiniti Q50 and Buick Encore. Premium cars were a sole Chevy Impala and Nissan Maxima. I decided to grab an SUV and noted there were Nissan Armadas, a Ford Explorer, GMX Yukon, and some Toyota Highlanders. I ended up taking a Highlander; it was a L4 2018 Highlander XLE AWD with Nevada plates and 13,000 miles on the odometer and working Sirius/XM.
bedeve likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 1:12 am

(U6) PSAR - what car will I get?

I reserved a Corvette in LAX Hertz,please give me some advise and suggestion since this is my first time renting a car in the US.
The Itinerary in Hertz website show:
Reserve this Exact Model (Group U6) PSAR
(U6) Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
SUPERCARS
Will I get a corvette C7 (non-convertible) ?
What is the condition of those corvette in LAX?
I am having this car for over a month and going to drive a LA-Grand Canyon-Yellowstone-SF-LA roundtrip.
Is it possible to tent the window and service maintenance the car? Will Hertz allow me to do that without penalty?
Any suggestion to do a window tent and maintenance in/near Las Vegas?

Last edited by Kilastar; Sep 5, 2018 at 6:02 am Reason: posed in wrong thread , please delete.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 5:13 am

Programs: Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kilastar
Is it possible to tent the window and service maintenance the car? Will Hertz allow me to do that without penalty?
Do you mean tint the windows? You might find this relevant: Tinted Windows on Rental?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 5:23 am

Programs: National Exec, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Diamond, TR Diamond
Originally Posted by Kilastar
I reserved a Corvette in LAX Hertz,please give me some advise and suggestion since this is my first time renting a car in the US.
The Itinerary in Hertz website show:
Reserve this Exact Model (Group U6) PSAR
(U6) Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
SUPERCARS
Will I get a corvette C7 (non-convertible) ?
What is the condition of those corvette in LAX?
I am having this car for over a month and going to drive a LA-Grand Canyon-Yellowstone-SF-LA roundtrip.
What kind of maintenance are you wanting to do? I don't understand why you would even worry about that.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by xfire22
What kind of maintenance are you wanting to do? I don't understand why you would even worry about that.
Agreed, what a bizarre question. Why would anyone want to pay to tint windows and do maintenance on a car they've rented? seems like a crazy waste of money and time.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 1:54 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
Originally Posted by Bjam99
Agreed, what a bizarre question. Why would anyone want to pay to tint windows and do maintenance on a car they've rented? seems like a crazy waste of money and time.
Tinting itself for a rental of over a month I wouldn't exactly mind, it's not that expensive. Plus, I'm very nocturnal and hate the sun hitting me from the sides while driving.

Maintenance? On a corvette? lol
Bjam99 likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 4:11 pm

Rented Luxury at Hertz, she offered a Chrystler 300, but i upgraded to an Infinity Q60 for $25 per day.

Fun car because of the big engine, but don't like the steering and the cabin is kinda loud. Mercedes next time for me.

- mike
Old Sep 13, 2018, 8:20 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by mikejones84
Rented Luxury at Hertz, she offered a Chrystler 300, but i upgraded to an Infinity Q60 for $25 per day.

Fun car because of the big engine, but don't like the steering and the cabin is kinda loud. Mercedes next time for me.

- mike
you can change the steering mode, might make it more enjoyable for you.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 5:02 am
KRS

Planning ahead for a one week rental in FEB/MAR next year, and I get rates of ~USD330 for both of the following:
  • Infiniti/Cadillac Crossover (Gruppe K4) JGDR
  • Mercedes GLC/Range Rover Evoque - HPC (Gruppe H4) JFDR
I don't really know much about any of the cars mentioned in this thread, so wondering which would be the better choice, or is it all down to personal preference?
We will only be 2 persons. Thanks for any advice!
maarten22 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.