Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at LAX; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 19, 2019, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
January 2021 Update, courtesy of CalItalian:

Hertz, Dollar and Thrifty are now permanently combined in the Hertz facility until the move in a couple of years to the under construction consolidated car rental facility/garage a mile to the west on the corner of Arbor Vitae and La Cienega.

Returns do not allow agents to check in cars and provide in-person receipts; it has to be emailed. Contracts will not be closed until the vehicle has been sanitized. Be sure to take a photo of your dashboard (fuel gauge/mileage) and any other photos of the vehicle before you leave it in case there are any issues.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Renting at LAX; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2018, 12:07 am

I am not PC, i dont have enough rentals with Hertz, i also rent with Avis sometimes, don't know if i get further with a luxury rental at AVIS instead of Hertz, been happy with both companies in the past.

When i go to Hertz i usually just talk to Annie who is in the upgrade section
Old Aug 16, 2018, 3:17 pm

Programs: hertz gold
Hi everyone,
I rent a Q4 car in LAX for 10 days, I will bring it next tuesday. Do you know wich model I will probably have ?
And if you have an idea of the extra cost for an upgrade ?

Thanks
Old Aug 17, 2018, 11:25 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Laetitia Jean Christophe Charles
Hi everyone,
I rent a Q4 car in LAX for 10 days, I will bring it next tuesday. Do you know wich model I will probably have ?
And if you have an idea of the extra cost for an upgrade ?
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

LAX has a large fleet, so it's impossible to know what is probable or likely. The best I can offer is a guess: Hyundai Tucson or Santa Fe.

Also, if you have not signed up for a (free) Hertz Gold Rewards membership, you may have to wait in line to pick up your car.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 12:03 pm

Hi all, just joined. Planning to visit LA and renting from Hertz LAX for about a week from 9/4-9/10

this is what I'm planning to rent:

Mercedes GLC/Range Rover Evoque - HPC (Group H4) JFDR

any idea what other cars am I expected to get if not these 2? (the evoque was what sparked my interest)
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
This post was super helpful for me so I wanted to contribute - yesterday (a Friday) at LAX around 4pm the PC spaces were roughly 25% full. Mostly was Chrysler 300s and one higher end Impala, but two highlights were a Grand Cherokee Limited with someone in it and a Challenger hiding between the 300s. Five star spaces were mostly out of state Altimas and a few small SUVs. A discovery sport was hanging out in the otherwise empty premium upgrade spaces. Couldn't wait around to see what else would be brought out but there are still some diamonds in the rough in the PC rows
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:23 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
My mom texted me last night from LAX (she's Platinum). Her F reservation was upgraded to a Mercedes-Benz AMG CLA 45 (Yellow Night Edition).
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:57 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Just picked up my a car from LAX about an hour ago. Everything was about 85% full. Nothing really special in PC 5* or Gold. Same ordinary vehicles that everyone has mentioned. One thing I did notice is that it seems like they’re getting the RR Velars at that location. Seen a couple at the back end of the lot.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 11:01 pm

Picked up Saturday, 8/18 around 9:30am. I'm only a lowly 5*, and the pickings were slim. I ended up grabbing a base Rogue with nearly 18K on the odometer; I took it as soon as it pulled up. There were maybe 5-6 other cars in 5*.

I saw a few 300s in PC. Nothing else really caught my eye.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
My mom texted me last night from LAX (she's Platinum). Her F reservation was upgraded to a Mercedes-Benz AMG CLA 45 (Yellow Night Edition).
Wow, thats a sick upgrade
Old Aug 26, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
LAX booked a standard SUV w/ car seat. Got a Carfirmation with stall number for Explorer. Then 10 min later get one saying go to counter for car seat and to pick out car. I ran over to the stall and saw the Explorer with the seat so we just loaded up and drove out. Nothing in the PC section I would have wanted to take 4 of us with luggage to Disneyland so it was fine.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 11:19 pm

Programs: N/A
Ill be in culver city for a month. As a PC member, would you rent from LAX or a nearby local location (or potentially another airport)?
Old Aug 28, 2018, 4:29 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
For me, the chance of getting a decent car out of the PC Section of Ultimate Choice makes LAX more attractive than a Local Edition site, even with the higher fees at LAX.
Cymro likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 5:15 am

Programs: TK ELITE
Originally Posted by vino24
Hi all, just joined. Planning to visit LA and renting from Hertz LAX for about a week from 9/4-9/10

this is what I'm planning to rent:

Mercedes GLC/Range Rover Evoque - HPC (Group H4) JFDR

any idea what other cars am I expected to get if not these 2? (the evoque was what sparked my interest)

same booking here also between 27/09 - 06/10

waiting for an answer and also what the original post owner experienced
Old Aug 29, 2018, 4:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite
Was at LAX the mornning of last Friday 8/24
Best offerings at PC I have ever seen at LAX
There were no regular cars of any kind at PC area
Many Suburbans/Yukon XL
Brand new GLA250 x 4 (I took one with 6 miles on the clock)
QX80 x 2
Escalade x 2
Range Rover Evoque x 1
SLC300 x 2
Q50 x 3
Q60 x 2
Q70 x 1
Dodge Challenger Scat Pack x 1
jtav559 and maarten22 like this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 1:06 pm

I have to agree with poster above. It wasn’t a bad selection on Monday (August 27th) at 6pm. Not quite as good as Friday but a nice diverse mix. Maybe the lean, mean summer period is finally over and the SUV’s are back to stay? Hopefully! I don’t think I spotted a single Chrysler 300.

I did see that every single Jeep Cherokee and Dodge Caravan was lined up near the return entrance with ‘safety recall’ stickers so I guess they’ll be off fleet for a while whilst they deal with that.

5* had a bunch of Suburban/Tahoe/Yukon’s which was surprising
PC had quite a few Q50’s and a decent SUV selection.

jtav559, maarten22 and Alclayno like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.