Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at ORD; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at ORD; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2018, 11:03 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by miadeals
Ok so Sun 3pm was garbage, PC lot basically identical to the pictures upthread. 40% Impalas, 40% Q50s, the rest were Equinox and misc (300s, a mazda, and one Challenger r/t.) No 7 seaters of any kind. Waited 15 min, took a Buick Equinox, that was the largest/nicest avail, I even asked. Disappointing. Gold/5star lot were even worse though not much. Would have ended up with the same car!

Had a premium rental btw, and it wasnt worth $1 extra over an ICAR cause youre getting an impala, they dont even waste a reserved space on you.
whats wrong with the cars that were on the PC. I’d happily take an Impala Premier, 300, Q50, and Challenger RT, as im sure many others would. That’s a decent set of cars to sit on the lot. Understandably, they didn’t have a 7-seater that you desired, but as you are probably aware, if you want a 7-seater; book a 7-seater.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Ok so Sun 3pm was garbage, PC lot basically identical to the pictures upthread. 40% Impalas, 40% Q50s, the rest were Equinox and misc (300s, a mazda, and one Challenger r/t.) No 7 seaters of any kind. Waited 15 min, took a Buick Equinox, that was the largest/nicest avail, I even asked. Disappointing. Gold/5star lot were even worse though not much. Would have ended up with the same car!

Had a premium rental btw, and it wasnt worth $1 extra over an ICAR cause youre getting an impala, they dont even waste a reserved space on you.
You haven't seen garbage til you've watched this video. Tbh the selection at ORD is much much better than I've seen at other airports - unfortunate there was no 7 seater that you needed but when you can reserve class C and get a G/G4/E or other premium sedan/coupe then I would consider that a pretty big win.:

cestmoi123 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by dennisliu19
I just rented two days with hertz at ORD. I am totally amazed by seelction. Here are the cars I have spotted in the president circle lot

Benz GLS450 4MATIC
Benz GLA250
Infiniti Q50
Infiniti Q60s
Infiniti Q70
Infiniti QX30
Infiniti QX50
Infiniti QX80
Chrysler 300
Cadillac Escalade

I am not sure if that is common or I just get lucky.
Originally Posted by 91StealthES
You seem to have my luck there.

From ORD PC IC I've had:
Camaro SS Convertible x2
Jaguar XE
Cadillac Escalade
Infiniti Q80
Infinity Q60 x2
Infiniti Q60 Red S 400
Originally Posted by FlyingJack
Last week rented at ORD PC, there are:

Infiniti Qx30 Q50
Cadillac XTS XT5
Mercedes GLA250 GLC300

And according to the post before, I think PC in ORD generally have a pretty good selection.
Im glad everyone else is happy with Impalas and Maximas (which is what a PCAR rez gets you everywhere so basically no upgrade), they will love the selection here. I find that disappointing at one of the largest airports in america but thats just my personal opinion. Btw it was the same exact selection downstairs in 5star/gold, no reason for PC.

Last edited by miadeals; Jul 4, 2018 at 9:18 am
Old Jul 5, 2018, 7:07 am

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle

Im glad everyone else is happy with Impalas and Maximas (which is what a PCAR rez gets you everywhere so basically no upgrade), they will love the selection here. I find that disappointing at one of the largest airports in america but thats just my personal opinion. Btw it was the same exact selection downstairs in 5star/gold, no reason for PC.
a PCAR is the highest guaranteed upgrade, so I’m confused why you’d be upset when that’s what you get? You quoted me above and yes, I have received some great vehicles at ORD. I understand your disappointment, but the vehicles you listed are all great vehicles to receive on an intermediate reservation. They are all also at or above your reserved class of PCAR. So I’m still confused what the issue is here.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 9:42 pm

No real issue, I was just pointing out that this weekend the ORD PC lot was garbage imho, and used yours and the two other posters to point out what a good lot would have included.

When I rent cars I don't get excited when I get the class I rented and I don't consider that a "win" - I think that's the bare minimum I should expect. I also don't think getting a subcompact SUV on an LCAR rez is an "upgrade" but there are some that do. The way I look at all of this is MSRP of the vehicles because that's what we're really paying for here. $30-40k cars and SUVs aren't upgrades or "good" on a PCAR rez. I'd have to get a $50k+ LCAR or SUV to feel like I've done well that day. Others are happy with impalas. I'm sure some people with ICAR rez would be happy. I still wouldn't, considering everyone from ICAR to PCAR gets "PC" on the board, PCAR is the *least* I would expect.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 7:43 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
No real issue, I was just pointing out that this weekend the ORD PC lot was garbage imho, and used yours and the two other posters to point out what a good lot would have included.

When I rent cars I don't get excited when I get the class I rented and I don't consider that a "win" - I think that's the bare minimum I should expect. I also don't think getting a subcompact SUV on an LCAR rez is an "upgrade" but there are some that do. The way I look at all of this is MSRP of the vehicles because that's what we're really paying for here. $30-40k cars and SUVs aren't upgrades or "good" on a PCAR rez. I'd have to get a $50k+ LCAR or SUV to feel like I've done well that day. Others are happy with impalas. I'm sure some people with ICAR rez would be happy. I still wouldn't, considering everyone from ICAR to PCAR gets "PC" on the board, PCAR is the *least* I would expect.
If you have a PCAR reservation, you should have an assigned space on the board. You also have the option of choosing anything from PC.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 1:34 am

What type of car I will get if I rent minivan at Hertz O’Hare airport recently?

I want to ask anyone who has experience that rent minivan at Hertz O’Hare airport, what type of car do you actually get (the official site says Nissan Quest)

While that car doesn’t have enough space for our family, we prefer to Toyota Sienna, is that like the same level with Quest?
Old Jul 20, 2018, 11:24 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Moderator's Note: Moving this one to the Hertz forum as it's strictly a Hertz question.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I dont think minivans hsve subcategories so you ll probably have a choice of whatever is available.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
What type of car will you get?

Answer: A minivan
Auto Enthusiast and m907 like this.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 6:33 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
About 9PM on a Friday evening in July. 7-8 Chrysler 300s (I took one, 1200 miles on it), an Infiniti Q50, lots of Impalas and Malibus, number of Buicks (Lacrosse, I think), a few SUVs (Jeeps, mainly).
Old Jul 23, 2018, 1:18 pm

Why would a Sienna work, but not a Quest? They are both 7-seat minivans?

To be honest, it’s been quite a while since I’ve seen a Quest on the lot; granted I’m only checking the PC and occasionally 5 Star area.

Hopefully the location has multiple minivans available and you can change to a different one if you don’t like the one assigned.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by 91StealthES
Why would a Sienna work, but not a Quest? They are both 7-seat minivans?

To be honest, it’s been quite a while since I’ve seen a Quest on the lot; granted I’m only checking the PC and occasionally 5 Star area.

Hopefully the location has multiple minivans available and you can change to a different one if you don’t like the one assigned.
The Quest was discontinued a couple years ago but Hertz still uses it as the example on their website. Same thing with the Chrysler 200.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 10:14 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
I merged the minivan thread with the general ORD thread
Old Jul 28, 2018, 10:55 am

So, I just booked the Landrover Discovery/Infiniti QX60. I have PC. What are the chances I'll be getting that car or something better? for Sept 15? Any way to get a Volvo XC90?

Last edited by stelloy; Jul 28, 2018 at 11:19 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.