Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at ORD; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at ORD; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by jtav559
Headed to ORD on Friday, hoping for an SUV in the PC section. Have a prem. full size booked in case it doesn't pan out.

Were the SUVs imports or American Made? Would love to get a Tahoe...

Thanks for the data point!
i have never personally seen a Tahoe or Expedition at ORD, but have seen (but had to take the SS Convertable) an Escalade in PC, which has a much nicer ride than the Tahoe.
jtav559 likes this.
Old May 22, 2018, 1:03 am

Headed to ORD on Friday, hoping for an SUV in the PC section. Have a prem. full size booked in case it doesn't pan out.

Tahoe (even Premier) isn't that nice, Expedition is much nicer...

From those pics above I see...GMC Terrain? Nissan Pathfinder. Looks like a Chevy...Equinox? Kia sportage? More Equinox... I'd probably have to take the Pathfinder there...not looking very good...

Now let us know what's there Fri...
jtav559 likes this.
Old May 23, 2018, 4:27 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

I saw a GMC Terrain, five Chevy Traverses, a Nissan Murano, a Kia Sorrento and what I believe was a Jaguar crossover
Old May 23, 2018, 5:55 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by CMK10
I saw a GMC Terrain, five Chevy Traverses, a Nissan Murano, a Kia Sorrento and what I believe was a Jaguar crossover
ive never seen an F-Pace on the lot, but it’s be cool if they’re expanding the Jaguar lineup at hertz...maybe we’ll see an f-type...
Old May 24, 2018, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by CMK10
Those were Traverses in the pics? The fronts look like Equinoxes...i'm pretty certain...one would be acceptable, the other not... (And that's a Pathfinder not Murano.)

Old May 25, 2018, 9:19 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Well that just shows how bad at identifying cars I am
Old May 28, 2018, 12:23 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Was in a bit of a rush when checking in and out of Hertz ORD this weekend. So no pictures

In the PC. Section they had Impalas, 300’s, Jeep Compass, 1Durango (that got snagged by the guy ahead of me), and some mid sized SUVs like mentioned up thread. No Full Size Tahoe’s or such. Same lot of cars when I returned.

Took the 300 - sporty edition. Was a nice drive to Indianapolis and back. Doing 90 sounded like you were going a mere 45.
Old May 29, 2018, 6:52 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Picked up 5/26 around noon, PC area had several 300s, a bunch of Jeeps (Compasses, I think), a number of Impalas, a couple of QX30s, and a Buick Lacrosse, which I took. Nice ride. So, overall, selection was fine, but nothing super-exciting.
Old May 30, 2018, 6:58 am

@ ORD this past weekend. Name was not on the board, so I had to wait in line for an agent - only to then be told to head on upstairs to PC and take whatever I want.

Besides that little 10 minute hiccup, was a decent experience. Staff was not overly friendly, but I was in a rush anyways so I was not looking to chat.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jun 1, 2018 at 9:28 am Reason: moved into consolidated thread
Old May 30, 2018, 7:04 am

@ ORD this past weekend. Name was not on the board, so I had to wait in line for an agent - only to then be told to head on upstairs to PC and take whatever I want.

Besides that little 10 minute hiccup, was a decent experience. Staff was not overly friendly, but I was in a rush anyways so I was not looking to chat.
I never bother looking at the board. If I know I have a reservation, I just head to the PC section. I figure, if there's any issue, it will get resolved more rapidly at the exit (where the staff has a lot more incentive to be efficient) than at the counter, which requires my waiting in line twice.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 12:28 am

What was in PC when you were there? Any 7 seater SUVs or LCARs?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jun 1, 2018 at 9:28 am Reason: ORD question moved to consolidated thread
Old Jun 1, 2018, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by miadeals
What was in PC when you were there? Any 7 seater SUVs or LCARs?
Did not see any 7 seater's (Tahoe/Suburban/Escalade). There was a Dodge Durango in PC that someone snagged right before me.

A few Chrysler 300 Sport Editions - was a decent drive and fit 4 adults and our backpacks/carry ons for the 3 day weekend. A few Jeep Compass, GMC Terrain, and a load of Impalas. I think there was one buick and one caddy, but the smaller 4 door sedan styles. Not a full size by any means. I did see a good sized Nissan SUV when we returned the car - a pathfinder I think.

I did not venture down to the Gold Section and see what they had compared to PC. Might be worth going up to PC, grabbing something bearable, throw your bags in it and take the key, and then go down to Gold and see what they have and you might score something nice. You could always ask one of the lot attendants for a Tahoe and slip them a $20 to make it worth their while to grab and assign to PC.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 8:26 am

Did not see any 7 seater's (Tahoe/Suburban/Escalade). There was a Dodge Durango in PC that someone snagged right before me.

A few Chrysler 300 Sport Editions - was a decent drive and fit 4 adults and our backpacks/carry ons for the 3 day weekend. A few Jeep Compass, GMC Terrain, and a load of Impalas. I think there was one buick and one caddy, but the smaller 4 door sedan styles. Not a full size by any means. I did see a good sized Nissan SUV when we returned the car - a pathfinder I think.

I did not venture down to the Gold Section and see what they had compared to PC. Might be worth going up to PC, grabbing something bearable, throw your bags in it and take the key, and then go down to Gold and see what they have and you might score something nice. You could always ask one of the lot attendants for a Tahoe and slip them a $20 to make it worth their while to grab and assign to PC.
I saw several minivans when I was there over the weekend, so certainly 7 seater options.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by cestmoi123
I saw several minivans when I was there over the weekend, so certainly 7 seater options.
Lol ok technically you got me, but I dont want another minivan rental, I meant a large SUV...its been sounding bad coming out of ORD...easier to throw a stroller and luggage in the back and have a backwards car seat as opposed to those joke 5 seater “SUVs” that now come shorter than my wifes standard prius...
Old Jul 3, 2018, 4:44 pm

Ok so Sun 3pm was garbage, PC lot basically identical to the pictures upthread. 40% Impalas, 40% Q50s, the rest were Equinox and misc (300s, a mazda, and one Challenger r/t.) No 7 seaters of any kind. Waited 15 min, took a Buick Equinox, that was the largest/nicest avail, I even asked. Disappointing. Gold/5star lot were even worse though not much. Would have ended up with the same car!

Had a premium rental btw, and it wasnt worth $1 extra over an ICAR cause youre getting an impala, they dont even waste a reserved space on you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.