Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at ORD; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Consolidated "Renting at ORD; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Old Sep 17, 2018, 5:53 pm

Programs: BAEC G, Bonvoy T, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Got a Infiniti QX70 while rental was C type at ORD.
PC bay using Ultimate Choice though, was not assigned though.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 5:36 pm

I had 3 cars from Hertz ORD for a 2 week rental.

First rental, just after the opening of the new rental car center. I ("luxury sedan") reservation, PC status, on points. Flight was about 40 minutes early, I arrived to my name not on the board, no I cars in the PC section. The friendly and enthusiastic agent (named Christian, I think) said I could take an Evoque in the normal upgrade section. I was about to take it, but a pretty Grand Cherokee Overland rolled up, and I opted for that, preferring a nicely optioned mainstream car over a modestly equipped premium brand. Other cars available as I recall: typical Impalabus, minivans (Sienna and Pacifica), a couple Ram trucks, a few Terrain/Equinox type CUVs, a basic Grand Cherokee. Fancy upgrade section had several Corvettes. The Jeep was a fine car for a road trip.

Unfortunately, in Milwaukee, the Grand Cherokee was hit hard (not my fault, no injuries, amusingly enough hit by another Hertz rental), and rendered unusable. I got a ride to MIW from the tow operator, and was assigned what I was told was the only car left, a 45K mile Sorento, FL plates.

It actually drove fine, but I didn't want to spend the next 10 days in it, so as I was going to be in suburban Chicago the next day, I trekked back to ORD for an exchange. The process was easy, but the selection wasn't so hot. Apparently Tuesday afternoons are a busy time. Only a few cars available, no I class: all Impalabu or small CUVs, I think. Normal upgrade selection had a couple Challengers and basic SLC300s, and fancy upgrade had a Corvette and Range Rover a (big boy). I waited around awhile, and encountered the same friendly agent from the first rental. He offered me my pick of the Challengers or MBs - I chose the RT Scat Pack. Great sound, nice speed, funny visibility.

After a couple days in that around Chicago, I was about to head to MI for the next week, and snow was in the forecast. That along with the rough ride of the Challenger had me thinking of another exchange. I had to visit a nearby suburb anyway, so I showed up again. Once again, no problem at all with the exchange. Selection was varied, but no I class or similar cars - an Avalon was closest, otherwise a few Impalabus, several CUVs, Ram trucks, Sienna and Pacifica vans - not a bad assortment really, just not what I wanted. Normal upgrades had nothing I think, and the Range Rover was still there. I waited for several minutes, and an Armada pulled up. I figured what the heck, it might be comfortable on a long ride and easy in the snow. Not the greatest seats I've ever experienced, but I had no concerns in the snow a few days later.

All in all, a decent experience. All of the employees I dealt with were competent and friendly, and eventually I was able to find a car I wanted.

Last edited by ww88ww; Nov 25, 2018 at 5:47 pm
Old Nov 25, 2018, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by cestmoi123
If you have a PCAR reservation, you should have an assigned space on the board. You also have the option of choosing anything from PC.
Ive bever been assigned a car on a PCAR rez it always says PC, there are PCARs there

Maybe if the PC lot had no PCARS
Old Jan 19, 2019, 1:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I was at ORD Thursday at around 8:30am and there were a few Dodge challengers r/t, a couple Chrysler 300, a Buick SUV, Malibus, impalas and the other usual suspects. I took one of the v8 challengers.
Joonydell likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 7:53 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Picking up at ORD on Friday about 3PM, PC was full, with a pretty good variety of options. Usual assortment of Impalas and 300s, a few Ram Pickups, lots of midsize SUVs, several Buick SUVs, a couple Challenger R/Ts, several Cadillac XTS (I took a 2019 with 4k miles), etc. Pretty good array in Premium Upgrades as well, including a C63 (which I would have taken, except I needed something with room for three in the back), several F-Paces, Infiniti SUVs, etc.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 1:50 am

Programs: Mileage Plus
Reserved RSAR for a really early pick up on Friday, my flight gets in from LAX around 6 AM. Ive decided to forgo the RSAR reservation and want to see if upgrading to a C63 Is possible. Has anyone seen any recently?
Old Apr 10, 2019, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by holmes87
Reserved RSAR for a really early pick up on Friday, my flight gets in from LAX around 6 AM. Ive decided to forgo the RSAR reservation and want to see if upgrading to a C63 Is possible. Has anyone seen any recently?
I saw a C63 in the Premium Upgrades area a couple of weeks ago on a Friday afternoon.
holmes87 likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: Mileage Plus
My wife just picked up a vehicle at ORD. Shes just standard Gold, and they told her to pick a vehicle from 5* cause theyre so low on vehicles. She mentioned 2 Audis were sitting there but she wasnt quick enough to get either of them.

Last edited by holmes87; Apr 10, 2019 at 11:03 am
Old Aug 7, 2019, 3:44 am
yno

Programs: FB, Accor, Marriot
mid july, from ORD. Booked L4 (SUV, 7 seater), This time i got a dodge durango R/T.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: Hertz Gold, BAEC
RSAR at ORD

Recently had an RSAR (V4) rental at ORD and ended up with a Chevrolet Camaro SS which was of the 2SS trim level and fully loaded with options including a sunroof and the performance exhaust. It was on Pennsylvania plates and had just under 2000 miles on the clock
Old Nov 18, 2019, 8:44 am

Picking up at ~8PM on Friday evening, very little in PC. Five or six Impalas (took one, Premier), a few midsize SUVs, a couple compact SUVs. Premium Upgrades was totally full, and there were a number of nice cars (several BMW 5-series, Escalade, etc.) behind a rope with a sign saying that they needed maintenance and weren't available. Pretty convenient, if you ask me.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 11:28 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National EE, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat and that is all that matters.
President Circle, picked up on Dec 31. PC lot had a bunch of Impalas, 300S, and korean SUVs. There was a Camaro SS that I was about to drive off in but they pulled in a Jaguar XE so took that instead. (Would not do that again, very boring ride). Gold and 5 star full of the usual camry/optimas/malibus.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 5:05 pm

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by KCBD
President Circle, picked up on Dec 31. PC lot had a bunch of Impalas, 300S, and korean SUVs. There was a Camaro SS that I was about to drive off in but they pulled in a Jaguar XE so took that instead. (Would not do that again, very boring ride). Gold and 5 star full of the usual camry/optimas/malibus.
Big mistake I agree - I can't believe how the base model Jaguar cars that Hertz buys doesn't even come with a manual lumbar support! Drove it once and said never again! Or Apply CarPlay for that matter - $300 software edition they've skipped on.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 2:52 pm

Have been walking the empty corridors of ORD PC lately. Have flown in either late evening or early morning and both timings seem to be bad. Settled for Impala twice. Once Kia Sorento. Once almost got an XTS but saw the tail lights only. Not much of the good old PC charm. Pity my company insurances prevent upgrading to premium.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 6:05 am

Saturday, Dec. 19 AM: No cars in PC, 5*, Gold. Car spaces are assigned in the "reserved" areas next to your name on the Gold board. There were about 6 black Range Rover Sports parked in front of the Gold Desk. Unfortunately, still have to take the shuttle buses, as the elevated "people mover" is still in the final testing stages.

Last edited by Ordpc; Dec 21, 2020 at 2:13 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.