Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at SFO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Consolidated "Renting at SFO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Old May 6, 2018, 9:37 am

Hi guys,

I'm going to rent beginning of June at SFO. I'm Hertz PC and I have a reservation up for ICAR. This means, that I can directly go to the PC parking spot right?
Also, any tips or tricks on how to quickly spot a nice catch? As there are speed limits on US interstates or highways, I'm not looking for the fastest car but a nice Convertible or something would definitely be cool to spend some nice days and rides at the West coast.

I'm not looking for predictions or anything, just want to know which cars are currently the "high sellers" at Hertz.

We will be two persons with travel lugagge but we can put in the back seat if there is not enough space in the trunk. By the way, which convertible should I look out for in terms of space in the trunk?

Thank you!

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jun 19, 2018 at 5:46 am Reason: moved into consolidated thread
Old May 8, 2018, 9:58 am

Renting on Wednesday 2nd May, around 6 pm, just checked the Golden section, some newer Chevy Cruzes and pretty well equipped Ford Fusion Titanium, bunch of Hyundai cars and Toyotas, even one medium size pick-up, no SUVs though. I got for some reason reserved Dodge Challenger RT (booking just regular Full size class), which I gladly accepted and went around in the beast for a few days. Quite thirsty, as I expected, but definitely fun to drive.
Old May 13, 2018, 11:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
PC Section

Sunday night around 9pm, PC was full of 300S, some Buick Lacrosse. Saw a lone Jeep Wrangler, Nissan Armada, Jaguar XE, and Infiniti Qx60?. But it was probably 80%+ 300S vehicles.
Old May 14, 2018, 9:37 am
formerly skyccord

Programs: United Premier Platinum, Hertz President Circle, Marriott/SPG Premier Plat Elite, Avis Preferred
San Francisco (SFO). Rented Intermediate - Toyoto Corolla or similar, drove off with Infiniti Q50 from the PC area.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; May 14, 2018 at 5:50 pm Reason: Moved from PC Experience Thread; more topical here
Old May 21, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
Originally Posted by IntlSalesGuy
Sunday night around 9pm, PC was full of 300S, some Buick Lacrosse. Saw a lone Jeep Wrangler, Nissan Armada, Jaguar XE, and Infiniti Qx60?. But it was probably 80%+ 300S vehicles.

I was there on the 11th (late post) and it was the same - I ended up with a Q60 3.0t, but it was almost completely 300S vehicles, with a few other (less premium) cars thrown in.
Old May 22, 2018, 4:53 pm

Picked up a 3.0t q50 with 500 miles on it from the PC lot this morning ar 10.15. There was another q50 that was taken just as I arrived.
Other notable cars included 2 Challengers, 1 of which was a hemi, and a Camaro (I think). Sadly, the wife vetoed my choice of the hemi Challenger because it looked uncomfortable. My q50 was the last in the lot.
Old May 23, 2018, 2:58 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
A few infinitis and a sea of Chrysler 300s today. I booked x6 and was given a 2016 CLA250 with >40,000 miles on it. XM inop. Pathetic - fool me twice, Hertz.

Edit for follow-up: I had sent an email to the president's circle address noting the issue and asking for them to activate the XM. They apparently contacted the SFO station manager who secured another vehicle for me; even offering to find a place to do a hand-off. Happened to be close to the airport to affect the swap. Though I wish it didn't happen in the first place, very good service recovery at the end of the day

Last edited by aCavalierInCoach; May 24, 2018 at 6:44 pm
Old May 25, 2018, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Last visit was endless Chrysler 300s, the odd Camry and one Toyota FourRunner which I took.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Saturday at 2:30pm had the President Circle area half empty and the Gold Area with precisely one car in it. The only decent car in Pres Circle was a Mercedes but it was locked and they wouldn't rent it to me. The rest comprised Chrysler 300s, Camrys and one Sonata. Worst choice I've ever seen .
Old Jun 4, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Last Thursday I snagged a 2018 Dodge Challenger in the Five Star area, 2000 miles or so on it. Fun car. Were plenty of Chrysler 300s and the normal stuff. Didn't look very closely once I spotted and snagged the Challenger.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 3:46 pm

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
Are you guys booking the cheapest option, and then get to pick up Q50/300s from the PC lot?
Or are you booking at least into the full/intermediate category?

In another words, I'm a 5*. Even if I book the cheapest option, I will most likely end up with a 300s?
Old Jun 6, 2018, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AC E35k
Booked Prestige group K (Volvo S90 or similar) - anyone actually received or seen S90s at SFO?
Old Jun 6, 2018, 6:34 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by JordanWalker
In another words, I'm a 5*. Even if I book the cheapest option, I will most likely end up with a 300s?
If you book the cheapest option that isn't an Economy (A) or Compact (B), you can pick any car in 5* or the rest of the lot *except* for the PC area. If, and this is a big "if," there is a 300s in the 5* section then you can take it.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 4:40 am

Not me, booked the same and got a very base jaguar XE and a refund of $50 after many phone calls...
Old Jun 8, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by TinaNYNY
Not me, booked the same and got a very base jaguar XE and a refund of $50 after many phone calls...
Not sure what this post means. You booked the same as what?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.