Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at SFO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at SFO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2019, 4:46 pm

Saw a Charger R/T (4dr sedan, F6 class) in PC last Saturday morning w/about 1900 miles on it. ALmost took that instead of the Challenger R/T I was assigned for V4 (still no Mustang GTs or Camaro SS's as advertised!), but the Gold clerk said I'm not allowed to take a PC car even if it's a lower class becuase I'm 5-Star and not PC.

Not sure if that's actually true but I didn't bother arguing.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by glostix
Saw a Charger R/T (4dr sedan, F6 class) in PC last Saturday morning w/about 1900 miles on it. ALmost took that instead of the Challenger R/T I was assigned for V4 (still no Mustang GTs or Camaro SS's as advertised!), but the Gold clerk said I'm not allowed to take a PC car even if it's a lower class becuase I'm 5-Star and not PC.

Not sure if that's actually true but I didn't bother arguing.
Since the vehicle was parked in the PC section, the agent was correct. .
Old Sep 24, 2019, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by Xg747
I have prestige collection K4 JGDR reserved - hoping to snatch a range rover velar or Jaguar F-Pace... according to new fleet these are the two vehicles under K4 group... if they do not have them, I would gladly take BMW 740i lol
will you update us on what you got? about to make a JGDR res at SFO and don't want an F-pace (its like driving a Nissan)
Old Sep 24, 2019, 7:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by VonRichthofen
will you update us on what you got? about to make a JGDR res at SFO and don't want an F-pace (its like driving a Nissan)
If you don't know already just want to let you know that the F pace and Velar are the exact same car in a different shell.

And the velars that hertz are the very base model that they don't even have power rear hatch and they have cloth seats. At least the F pace have leather seats
Old Sep 30, 2019, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by LJ7006
If you don't know already just want to let you know that the F pace and Velar are the exact same car in a different shell.

And the velars that hertz are the very base model that they don't even have power rear hatch and they have cloth seats. At least the F pace have leather seats
well in that case I’m sticking with my backup - an O4 dream car (740i) - anyone got any experience with dream cars at SFO? Appears they have made the program less luxe since they launched it in 2013.

Originally Posted by maarten22
Seen a large fleet of BMW 740's at LAX and other locations. Non extended and pretty well specced.
did you pick up if they were the AWD variant and or adaptive cruise?

Originally Posted by JohnBR

Thanks - hoping that’s the case at SFO as well!
what did you end up getting?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Sep 30, 2019 at 7:53 am Reason: three consecutive posts merged
Old Sep 30, 2019, 7:33 am

Dream or nightmare at SFO?

Does anybody have recent experience with dream cars at SFO? Can you swap from a ‘model guaranteed’ if it’s not actually what you booked? Any better than the regular SFO experience? The US dream car site is very light on details. Any PC benefits?
Old Sep 30, 2019, 9:42 am

well in that case I’m sticking with my backup - an O4 dream car (740i) - anyone got any experience with dream cars at SFO? Appears they have made the program less luxe since they launched it in 2013.

did you pick up if they were the AWD variant and or adaptive cruise?

what did you end up getting?
The 740s are the base model too
But at least they come with standard navigation/Apple carplay and leather seats.
Definitely no adaptive cruise control.
I don’t think any dream car at hertz come with adaptive cruise control, if you want a luxury sedan with adaptive cruise control your best bet would be a Volvo S90

Last edited by LJ7006; Sep 30, 2019 at 10:19 am
Old Sep 30, 2019, 10:28 am

Downgrade?

The 740s are the base model too
But at least they come with standard navigation/Apple carplay and leather seats.
Definitely no adaptive cruise control.
I don’t think any dream car at hertz come with adaptive cruise control, if you want a luxury sedan with adaptive cruise control your best bet would be a Volvo S90
Euch okay. Perhaps I’ll ask for an S90 - should technically be a downgrade so hopefully won’t be an issue. Is it just the 740 in O4 or is there an A8 / S class?
Old Sep 30, 2019, 10:35 am

Euch okay. Perhaps I’ll ask for an S90 - should technically be a downgrade so hopefully won’t be an issue. Is it just the 740 in O4 or is there an A8 / S class?
The O4 contains only the 740 and cadillac CT6 which is a very mediocre car.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 11:53 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Does anybody have recent experience with dream cars at SFO? Can you swap from a ‘model guaranteed’ if it’s not actually what you booked? Any better than the regular SFO experience? The US dream car site is very light on details. Any PC benefits?
As the OP question pertains to SFO and PC benefits, car type, and such, I merged the question to the consolidated thread.

Thanks
Jason8612 Hertz Mod
Old Oct 6, 2019, 7:15 pm

Luxury class -> Upgrade to ?

I’m booking at SFO and have President’s Circle. If I book Luxury (Chrysler 300 or similar) am I likely to be able to get upgraded to an SUV? I don’t really care about make or model, just want to make sure I get something that can fit 4 people and 4+ big suitcases.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Oct 7, 2019 at 4:15 am Reason: moved into dedicated thread for this location
Old Oct 6, 2019, 9:41 pm

Actually they had none in my class. I ended up getting qx60 instead of the class I reserved. I think it’s considered “upgrade”... qx60 was quite comfortable so I did not complaine...
Old Oct 7, 2019, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
The O4 contains only the 740 and cadillac CT6 which is a very mediocre car.
As of the last couple of days it seems the CT6 is now gone, and the 740 is a guaranteed model.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 4:15 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by frequentfiler
I’m booking at SFO and have President’s Circle. If I book Luxury (Chrysler 300 or similar) am I likely to be able to get upgraded to an SUV? I don’t really care about make or model, just want to make sure I get something that can fit 4 people and 4+ big suitcases.
There's no published policy for upgrades on a Luxury reservation. You should expect to be assigned a car in the Luxury class, and if you want something else, you either will need to look into Ultimate Choice (in which case you will have likely paid significantly more than needed to be able to access Ultimate Choice) or go into the Gold Booth and negotiate a vehicle swap (you will have some leverage with a Luxury booking). I would suggest pricing out an SUV in the class/size that meets your needs and compare that with your current booking.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Oct 7, 2019 at 6:02 am
Old Oct 7, 2019, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
There's no published policy for upgrades on a Luxury reservation. You should expect to be assigned a car in the Luxury class, and if you want something else, you either will need to look into Ultimate Choice (in which case you will have likely paid significantly more than needed to be able to access Ultimate Choice) or go into the Gold Booth and negotiate a vehicle swap (you will have some leverage with a Luxury booking). I would suggest pricing out an SUV in the class/size that meets your needs and compare that with your current booking.
That’s helpful, thanks. For whatever reason, Luxury is cheaper than all the SUV options for my dates. Think I will go with that and figure it out when we get there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.