Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at SFO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at SFO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2018, 3:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Any idea on what to expect in the 5* section between Xmas and NYE?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 6:03 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, SPG Plat, Jetsmarter
SFO for a two day last-minute rental. Booked IFAR and got a Carfimation for a Mercedes GLA. My name didn't show as PC on the board so I went inside and was told I would be fine to pick anything from the PC lot.
Found a Dodge Challenger R/T - absolutely no extras and overall a horribly manufactured car but that V8 was quite fun (especially with fuel on expenses ). There were also plenty of large pickup trucks and the usual sedans.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 12:24 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I can't but help feel the quality of PC at SFO has dropped form what it once was - or maybe I've just been unlucky...

Friday night around 8pm.

It does appear they've recently got a shipment of Ford Taurus as the new Premium, as there were multiple of these. One or two smaller SUVs, 2 large pickups, and a moderate range of full size (Optima/Sonata/Malibu/Altima) - all up just over half of the spaces had vehicles.

I did do a walk of the lot over to Five Star/Gold, and Gold in particular was basically full of SUVs, pickup trucks and minivans - maybe 2 in 3 of the vehicles were one of those, so if that's what you're after it's worth a wander over to see. Note that unlike most airports, 5*/Gold are a fair distance from PC, with a number of "reserved" rows in between. The Full Size, Midsize and Compact areas were little more than a scattering of the relevant vehicles - not a good range at all.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:47 pm

Anyone actually gotten a Camaro SS convertible OR hardtop at SFO in the past year or so?

They list it as one of their bookable categories, used to be "Exact Model Guaranteed" in 2017/early 2018 and no longer is, but I honestly don't think they even have them anymore...
Old Jan 31, 2019, 4:34 am

Programs: AA PLT, AC E35k
Luxury 2/4 door (LCAR (I) Lincoln Continental or similar) : any idea what to expect from Hertz SFO in this category?
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:20 pm

Wednesday about 10am. “Reserved” spaces were completely full, heavy on Jeeps, Challengers and Volvos’s. The rest of the lot was 75% empty. UC selection was mostly limited to Corollas, Optimas, Malibus, Cruzes, and a couple of Equinox and large pickups. Nicest vehicle on the lot was a Fusion Titanium in Five Star.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:17 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hertz PC, Marriott GE
I'm disappointed to hear that there doesn't seem to be great up at SFO, I was up there a couple months ago (Before my PC had kicked in) and saw a couple good selections in PC (Couple Cameros, Mustangs, 300s, Q50s and Q60s). Was told I couldn't get any of them because my status hadn't updated yet. So it's kind of a bummer to hear that that's something that's not very common, especially after getting exciting about getting PC.

I'll report back in a couple days as I'll be back up there on Wednesday.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 11:24 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hertz PC, Marriott GE
Unfortunately there wasn’t much there this time either.

Couple 300s, Explorer, Impalas, etc.

Took the 300S AWD because it looked like the sportiest of the bunch. Was pretty fun but man it feels like a huge boat flying down the freeway at... erm... exactly 65mph and no greater.
Joonydell likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Stephen A. Remich
Took the 300S AWD because it looked like the sportiest of the bunch. Was pretty fun but man it feels like a huge boat flying down the freeway at... erm... exactly 65mph and no greater.
I think you may have put this post in the wrong section, as you clearly weren't renting from SFO.

Nobody in the bay area does "exactly 65mph", especially not in a rental. It's either exactly 50, or 70+ (75+ if you're on 280!).
Joonydell likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:25 pm

Last Friday around 9pm PC was pretty much full of Taurus's and Impalas, including about 6 Impala LT V6's that were almost brand new (with near sequential licence plates!). There was also a dual-cab truck that was being claimed right as I walked in, a few mix-size SUVs (Kia Sportage and something else), plus a 4x4 Jeep of some form (Compass maybe?) and a few full sizes.

I grabbed one of the Impalas which had ~250 miles on it. In addition to being the LT V6 it seemed to be pretty much fully optioned with Navigation, Bose speakers, heated seats, etc (all of which are optional on the LT). Only catch was the mileage which wasn't at all great...
Old Mar 14, 2019, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by docbert
Last Friday around 9pm PC was pretty much full of Taurus's and Impalas, including about 6 Impala LT V6's that were almost brand new (with near sequential licence plates!). There was also a dual-cab truck that was being claimed right as I walked in, a few mix-size SUVs (Kia Sportage and something else), plus a 4x4 Jeep of some form (Compass maybe?) and a few full sizes.

I grabbed one of the Impalas which had ~250 miles on it. In addition to being the LT V6 it seemed to be pretty much fully optioned with Navigation, Bose speakers, heated seats, etc (all of which are optional on the LT). Only catch was the mileage which wasn't at all great...
Do you recall anything interesting in Gold lot or Upgrade lot ? Or just full of Elantra/Rio/Corolla's ?
Old Mar 14, 2019, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by ethanhunt123
Do you recall anything interesting in Gold lot or Upgrade lot ? Or just full of Elantra/Rio/Corolla's ?
Premium Upgrades had some nice things, but I don't remember what.

Gold/etc at SFO are a long way away from PC, and I didn't do the walk this time.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:33 pm

Sunday 5pm 24th

PC: mix of Charger, Challenger, Q50, QX60, few SUVs

5* & Gold - mostly empty, scattering of Corolla's, Kia Soul's, Malibu LTs, Impala LT, Nissan Rogue, Buick Encore, few Pickup trucks

I tried taking the Impala first but i could not find the USB port for Apple Car Play - so i took the Buick Encore instead.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite
Was there yesterday and all I saw was full size cars and a few infinitis and a lone XTS for PC.
Compare to what I used to get at SFO when UC first came out that is a much worse selection, but going to LAX all the time I guess SFO is still better than LAX.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 2:17 am

Monday night around midnight

PC had:
4x Mustang GT Convertible
1x Camaro Convertible
2x Mercedes SLC300 (1 convertible, 1 hardtop)
GMC Acadia SLT
Chrysler Pacifica

5* had minivans and a Cruze and maybe another car or two. Gold looked to have a couple minivans.

No trucks at all, which is an interesting change from the glut of them they've had my previous few visits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.