FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/)
-   -   Consolidated "Renting at ATL; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/1848803-consolidated-renting-atl-what-kind-cars-expect-thread.html)

Commie Feb 7, 2017 8:31 pm

Consolidated "Renting at ATL; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

I've been renting at the ATL location for the past 2 years and they recently switched to the Ultimate Choice for presidents circle members.

So far I am loving this program switch.
I always book the full size class car, and in the past I've been getting the Impala's, Malibu's, Sonata's, and sometimes the 200 of the world.
The last 2 weeks with ultimate choice, I picked a Infiniti QX80 last week, and this week I picked a Dodge Challenger. There was also a few Cadillac in the PC aisle. All for the same price as my full size.

I hope they keep this up.

Another update from the ATL president circle ultimate choice. Was at the ATL lot this morning around 10am. Was very impressed with the choices available. There were a few Infiniti QX80, some Cadillac SUV's, Infiniti Q50.
I ended up picking an Infiniti Q50 with 290 miles on the odometer.

Hope they keep this up, quite happy so far with ATL.

ttuser Feb 19, 2017 11:47 am

This shows all of the Hertz Ultimate Choice vehicles in Atlanta. In President's Circle, looks like some Q50s, a QX70, and Jaguar XE.

Commie Feb 27, 2017 9:28 am

There was some very nice selections at the ATL again this week. Couple of Jaguar XE's, bunch of Infiniti Q50's, a Caddy SUV, couple of Tahoo SUV's, and even a Titan pickup truck.
I picked one of the Jaguar XE's with 997 miles on the odometer. Nicely done ATL Hertz.

cardinalkid1891 Mar 13, 2017 6:22 pm

Very happy being a Presidents Circle member since the introduction of Ultimate Choice. Just like Emerald Aisle, and so far, a great selection of cars both times I've used it. This past week in ATL, I rented a midsize, and drove a Q50. There was a decent selection of SUVs, full size cars, a couple cadillacs, etc in the PC ultimate choice area. Never would've had such an upgrade before. PC has been a fairly useless status for me in the past few years, but now with Ultimate Choice I think I may renew it, given my recent experiences.

cardinalkid1891 Mar 13, 2017 6:26 pm

Have tried Ultimate Choice in a couple different airports now (ATL mainly) and gotta say that I've been impressed so far. Just like Emerald Aisle, and so far, the car selection has been pretty good. Booked a midsize and drove off in an infiniti Q50 (there was also an XTS, and several 300s in the PC area). Can't imagine that sort of upgrade before. Also saw a few SUVs, though mostly a number of full size cars. For now, Ultimate Choice is a thumbs up for me so long as the car selection is decent. Might make renewing my PC status worthwhile if car selection is as good in other areas

ncSam Apr 2, 2017 12:39 pm

Picked up from ATL on a Thursday evening. Only looked at the PC selection, but was very pleased with it. In addition to the standard cars, there was a: Cadillac sedan, Mercedes SLC300, Jaguar XE, Infiniti Q50, Infiniti QX30, and an Infiniti QX80. Several of these had NeverLost, so I avoided them. Since I was traveling alone, I took the SLC300, which had <150 miles.

dinanm3atl Apr 2, 2017 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by ncSam (Post 28119732)
Picked up from ATL on a Thursday evening. Only looked at the PC selection, but was very pleased with it. In addition to the standard cars, there was a: Cadillac sedan, Mercedes SLC300, Jaguar XE, Infinity Q50, Infinity QX30, and an Infinity QX80. Several of these had NeverLost, so I avoided them. Since I was traveling alone, I took the SLC300, which had <150 miles.

That is a nice lineup. Assuming you booked an Inter and could take a Merc. Not bad.

mjgreen81 Apr 10, 2017 7:04 am

Where Group B4 cars (2WD SUV) fit in scale (and what am I likley to get at Atlanta)?

Hi all,

I have a 2 week reservation for a Group B4 (Midsize 2WD SUV) car which I am due to pick up from Atlanta Airport this Friday.

In case I get offered a free upgrade or I decide that I would like a different car from a lower group, I wanted to understand where Group B4 fits in the scale?

For example is a group B4 car on the same level as a B car?

Does it go?:

1. A
2. B / B4
3. C
4. D
5. F /F4

It just seems a bit harsh that a group B4 SUV would be on the same level as a Group B Compact.

Also, does anyone know what I am likely to get from Atlanta Airport in the B4 group?

Thanks all

lmsalman Apr 11, 2017 8:19 am

I wouldn't worry about where B4 fits in to the 'scale' of Hertz's definitions of car sizes. I was in ATL last week and got a Hyundai Tucson which was listed as B4 on my receipt. There were also a lot of Nissan Rogues, Jeep Compass, and Dodge Journeys. Also remember that depending on your status you'll have access to the ultimate choice sections at ATL which could have anything that Hertz offers; I've had everything from a Chevy Cruze to a Range Rover Evoque.

mjgreen81 Apr 11, 2017 8:30 am

Originally Posted by lmsalman (Post 28161295)
I wouldn't worry about where B4 fits in to the 'scale' of Hertz's definitions of car sizes. I was in ATL last week and got a Hyundai Tucson which was listed as B4 on my receipt. There were also a lot of Nissan Rogues, Jeep Compass, and Dodge Journeys. Also remember that depending on your status you'll have access to the ultimate choice sections at ATL which could have anything that Hertz offers; I've had everything from a Chevy Cruze to a Range Rover Evoque.

Thanks for the info. The Hyundai would be nice.

My status is quite confusing, I signed up for Gold membership just before making my first (and only) booking so I dont have a 'completed' booking on my account yet. However apparently my account is "Five Star" but I believe that I will need to go to the counter to confirm my status as this is my first booking since signing up for Gold.

I am hoping I will get access to pick my own car based on my status.

Red Scorpion Apr 11, 2017 3:28 pm

A B4 is the 2WD equivalent of the Q4 class (which have 4WD). Hertz seem to think them interchangeable, and there are plenty of reports of people getting a B4 when they reserved a Q4 (me included).

They have more Nissan Rogues (new 2017) than everything else put together in this class. And they have a lot of them so the chances of getting upgraded are slim. If they were to do so, then they would like upgrade to the next category of SUV, which is a Group L for the AWD models and K4, I think, for the 2WD ones. Same lack of disinction at allocation applies.

If you've booked a B4, regardless of status, they will allocate you a car. You can choose from the 5 Star line of cars available for free, and any that are offered for a $30 a day fixed upgrade. Unlikely to be many SUVs in there, though.

mjgreen81 Apr 12, 2017 12:42 am

Originally Posted by Red Scorpion (Post 28164024)
A B4 is the 2WD equivalent of the Q4 class (which have 4WD). Hertz seem to think them interchangeable, and there are plenty of reports of people getting a B4 when they reserved a Q4 (me included).

They have more Nissan Rogues (new 2017) than everything else put together in this class. And they have a lot of them so the chances of getting upgraded are slim. If they were to do so, then they would like upgrade to the next category of SUV, which is a Group L for the AWD models and K4, I think, for the 2WD ones. Same lack of disinction at allocation applies.

If you've booked a B4, regardless of status, they will allocate you a car. You can choose from the 5 Star line of cars available for free, and any that are offered for a $30 a day fixed upgrade. Unlikely to be many SUVs in there, though.

That is very helpful, thank you.

lmsalman Apr 12, 2017 7:23 am

Originally Posted by mjgreen81 (Post 28161352)
Thanks for the info. The Hyundai would be nice.

My status is quite confusing, I signed up for Gold membership just before making my first (and only) booking so I dont have a 'completed' booking on my account yet. However apparently my account is "Five Star" but I believe that I will need to go to the counter to confirm my status as this is my first booking since signing up for Gold.

I am hoping I will get access to pick my own car based on my status.

If the reservation is for B4 you will have a car reserved in that class, but as a Five Star will always have the option to pick from that section as well. The need to go to the counter is just to confirm the credit card on file and your license, nothing more than a formality.

mjgreen81 Apr 13, 2017 12:32 am

Originally Posted by lmsalman (Post 28167061)
If the reservation is for B4 you will have a car reserved in that class, but as a Five Star will always have the option to pick from that section as well. The need to go to the counter is just to confirm the credit card on file and your license, nothing more than a formality.

Thanks for confirming, hopefully I wont have a long wait when I go to the counter.

ncSam Apr 17, 2017 10:36 am

Picked up at ATL this weekend. PC had the following:
-Cadillac ATS
-Cadillac SUVs
-Lots of Maximas
-Nissan Pathfinder
-Kia Sorento
-Infiniti Q60
-Infiniti QX60
-Infiniti Q50 3.0