Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at ATL; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Consolidated "Renting at ATL; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Old Oct 3, 2019, 10:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ChevyCruze
Probably fresh off the Kia assembly line down the interstate in West Point! 🤣
one would think. Most sorento’s are see actually have out of state plates.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 4:55 pm

Here are all your Kia's last week, left on the second fl of the Hertz lot. Choices at PC were (after waiting for an hour doing some work):

1 4Runner
Multiple Kia Sorento and Hyundai Santa Fe's
1 Explorer
1 Highlander
Couple Brand New 2020 Murano's (fairly well loaded), which I took one.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 9:58 pm

This location is straight on track to be the worst imho. Today around noon. Nothing but choose your color Murano's. Empty Premium Upgrade too. Waited for 30 mins, for a different vehicle. A Q50 with 30k mi was brought up. I was getting in and the driver got a radio to take the car to actually take to Premium Upgrade section but let me have it anyways, Also since when is a 30k Q50 worth the Premium Upgrade.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 3:03 pm

Confirmed that they're getting their mojo back. Over the last couple of weeks, I scored a mustang conv, camaro conv, new Expedition, Silverado. The lot has been consistently filled with random options thrown in. There was also a Lincoln Continental, MKZ, new Rams, Jeep Wranglers at one point.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 12:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
What should I expect to see next week in Atlanta for my H4 Range Rover Evoque booking?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Dec 9, 2019 at 5:24 am Reason: moved into dedicated thread for this location so members who frequent it can advise
Old Dec 8, 2019, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
What should I expect to see next week in Atlanta for my H4 Range Rover Evoque booking?
With any luck, a Range Rover Evoque. Perhaps a GLC or an XT4, but I've seen plenty of Evoques around.

-J.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Dec 9, 2019 at 5:26 am Reason: moved response to quoted post
Old Dec 9, 2019, 9:05 pm

They also have plenty of X3s, even more so than a GLC or XT4. I'd bet if not an Evoque an X3.
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 11:38 pm

I don't know what's up with ATL but today was the 3rd time in the last 3 months that they were sold out of cars and there was a line at PC. Unlike the previous times, no vouchers were being given out for the inconvenience. I was the third in line and got a Silverado. The guy in front of me got a Yukon and the guy in front of him got a 300.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 1:35 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mdbe
I don't know what's up with ATL but today was the 3rd time in the last 3 months that they were sold out of cars and there was a line at PC. Unlike the previous times, no vouchers were being given out for the inconvenience. I was the third in line and got a Silverado. The guy in front of me got a Yukon and the guy in front of him got a 300.
What time of day?

Originally Posted by mdbe
They also have plenty of X3s, even more so than a GLC or XT4. I'd bet if not an Evoque an X3.
Thanks. Fingers crossed I do not get an X3 haha

Of course they might upgrade as a PC. They ought to I assume.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Dec 11, 2019 at 4:05 am Reason: consecutive posts merged; please use Multi-Quote
Old Dec 16, 2019, 4:19 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
On the 13th at 3PM there was the best selection I have seen in a long long time, a couple of Cadillac SUVs (small one), GMC Arcadia's, Camero convertibles, a couple of pick ups (RAM & F150), the regular Kia SUVs, Mustang convertibles and I got a Mustang GT with 2000 miles on it.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 8:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Was given a jaguar fpace 25t instead of a range rover evoque.

No idea if this is a better car or not.

New York plates.

Going now to Florida
mdbe likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Was given a jaguar fpace 25t instead of a range rover evoque.

No idea if this is a better car or not.

New York plates.

Going now to Florida
I’d prefer F-Pace over Evoque. It’s built on a newer platform shared with Velar. Then again at the end of the day Jag and LR are both owned by Tata.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 10:23 pm

Relatively well stocked today. Multiple convertible mustang gt's, a couple impalas, a couple chargers and a single Yukon.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 4:32 am

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by estedman
On the 13th at 3PM there was the best selection I have seen in a long long time, a couple of Cadillac SUVs (small one), GMC Arcadia's, Camero convertibles, a couple of pick ups (RAM & F150), the regular Kia SUVs, Mustang convertibles and I got a Mustang GT with 2000 miles on it.
I arrived around 12:30 PM on Friday 12/13 and the Five Star area had a rather odd selection. Several full size pickups (Ram, Silverado and F150s) plus a few Camaro convertibles and minivans. The only two "regular" cars I saw were Corollas and one Malibu. I chose a Camaro convertible - let the top down on Sunday and Monday with the warm weather!
Old Dec 21, 2019, 10:16 am

I think they've been overstocked with pickup's (S class) last couple of weeks. I get consistently cheaper rates for S class then anything else and can still use the PC as S is >C.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.