Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at ATL; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Consolidated "Renting at ATL; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Old Jun 5, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: Star Alliance Elite
Anyone have any additional info on Infiniti Q60 (Group E) XBAR (E) Infiniti Q60 or similar at ATL?

The Q60 has two engines, 2.0t and V6TT.

Also if they don't have a Q60, what similar vehicle might I get?
Just trying to figure out what I'd get.

Currently a Gold+ Member, looking for something a bit more sporty for a drive to TN (Tail of the Dragon).
Old Jun 5, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by tdott
Anyone have any additional info on Infiniti Q60 (Group E) XBAR (E) Infiniti Q60 or similar at ATL?

The Q60 has two engines, 2.0t and V6TT.

Also if they don't have a Q60, what similar vehicle might I get?
Just trying to figure out what I'd get.

Currently a Gold+ Member, looking for something a bit more sporty for a drive to TN (Tail of the Dragon).
the Q60 actually has 3 engines:
- 2.0t
- 3.0t
- 3.0t that is tuned to 400HP and is referred to as red S 400 and would have a red S after 3.0

the AWD red S would be fun on the dragon.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 6:09 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Elite
Originally Posted by 91StealthES
the AWD red S would be fun on the dragon.
I think the changes of them having a limited edition trim like that is slim.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 10:36 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by tdott
I think the changes of them having a limited edition trim like that is slim.
They are definitely in the fleet. Ive personally snagged one in ORD and have seen them at a couple other locations.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 4:19 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Picked up at ATL this Tuesday at 4:30 PM. Pickings were very slim. The first PC aisle had literally no cars in it:

And the second had a small scattering of SUVs.

There were two already claimed Infiniti Q50s and one Challenger. While I was trying to decide on what craptastic Nissan SUV I'd take, a Chyrsler 300S with 3,000 miles pulled up and I immediately claimed it. That ended up being a nice ride.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Picked up at ATL this morning around 11am ET. President's Circle aisle had:

Many Infiniti Q50 3.0t cars
1 Infiniti QX60
Many Nissan Pathfinders
Toyota Avalon
Buick Regal Sportback
Buick LaCrosse
1 Honda CR-V EX (!)
1 Dodge Challenger
Chrysler 300s

Took the newest Q50 3.0t I could find.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 4:47 pm

Programs: Hertz , Delta, SPG
Picked up Tuesday night.

2 x 300s
3 x white ugly base cameros
No infinities at all
Quite a few jeeps

Ended up taking white 300s
Old Aug 12, 2018, 8:44 pm

Picked up on Thursday night (8/9) around 10pm. Selection was very limited:

Choose your color Impala LT
Choose your color Chrysler 300
A few Toyota Avalons
1 Buick Regal Sportback (which I took... wonderful car)
2 Buick Envisions
Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: Hertz , Delta, SPG
Picked up again last night as a PC member.

2 isles in PC were completely full, but full of a very poor selection; Nissan's, Hyundai's, Kia's etc. No chargers, challengers, no infinity's no mustangs etc.

Waited around till a 300S got driven in and took that.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 7:58 am

Picked up on Friday (9/7) around 11am and it was really bleak in President's Circle:

Choose your color Toyota Corolla LE (seriously?)
2 Nissan Pathfinder SV 2WD
1 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium with EyeSight
Choose your color Kia Sorento LX V6
Choose your color Chevrolet Impala
1 Chrysler 300S
2 Ford Fusion Hybrids
3 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4x4 (which I was going to take 1 of them, but the 1st one had lots of dings, the second one smelled like smoke, and the third one smelled like someone had recently hotboxed inside the car)
Choose your color Toyota Avalon XLE (Hertz must have gotten a deal on these... They're always in President's Circle at every location I go to)

Ended up walking away from Hertz and using my Alamo reservation ($7 cheaper) to take a 2018 Toyota RAV4 XLE with 5500 miles on the odometer in perfect condition.

Last edited by jchan2; Sep 11, 2018 at 8:02 am Reason: added detail
Old Sep 11, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by jchan2
Picked up on Friday (9/7) around 11am and it was really bleak in President's Circle:

Choose your color Toyota Corolla LE (seriously?)
2 Nissan Pathfinder SV 2WD
1 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium with EyeSight
Choose your color Kia Sorento LX V6
Choose your color Chevrolet Impala
1 Chrysler 300S
2 Ford Fusion Hybrids
3 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4x4 (which I was going to take 1 of them, but the 1st one had lots of dings, the second one smelled like smoke, and the third one smelled like someone had recently hotboxed inside the car)
Choose your color Toyota Avalon XLE (Hertz must have gotten a deal on these... They're always in President's Circle at every location I go to)

Ended up walking away from Hertz and using my Alamo reservation ($7 cheaper) to take a 2018 Toyota RAV4 XLE with 5500 miles on the odometer in perfect condition.
Funny, because I would have taken just about anything you listed (with the possible exception of the Corollas, and definitely not the Cherokees) instead of that RAV4. To each his own, I guess.
Cymro likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 11:18 am

Well, I moved up from Gold to 5star. I was gold when I went to Philly a couple of months ago and got the an Infinity coupe (nice car). So, move up to 5star and this past weekend had reservation. Went there and saw Corollas in 5star and Kias, which i was not expecting. Reading the comments that might be the normal. Also picking up late Friday night (11pm) might be a poor time to get a rental.

Last edited by mike929; Sep 20, 2018 at 1:10 pm
Old Sep 20, 2018, 11:50 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mike929
Well, I moved up from Gold to star. I was gold when I went to Philly a couple of notes and got the an Infinity coupe (nice car). So, move up to 5star and this past weekend had reservation. Went there and saw Corollas in 5star and Kias, which i was not expecting. Reading the comments that might be the normal. Also picking up late Friday night (11pm) might be a poor time to get a rental.
That's fairly common I'm afraid, I travel with my dad who's 5 Star and we're often stuck with such choices. The best I could do with him at DCA two months ago was a Kia Sportage with a tire pressure light.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
That's fairly common I'm afraid, I travel with my dad who's 5 Star and we're often stuck with such choices. The best I could do with him at DCA two months ago was a Kia Sportage with a tire pressure light.
I'll try some more renting on different days and times. As long as Hertz is competitive in price or they just have something I want to rent. That time I went with my National reservation and got a Nissan Murano Platinum. They also had a, Audi Q7 (base model) and Escalade, had I had a luxury rental they would have let me get ( I'm Executive with National ).
Old Sep 20, 2018, 9:50 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Kind of sad to see that PC UC seems to be more and more bleak. When stations came on board I was getting Infinit/Caddy 100% for months. Now I end up with 300s sometimes(they are junk) and maybe a Caddy. Buicks seems to be their new fill the PC area with a 'premium car'. So premium with cloth interior. I got a horribly worn out and beat up Q50 at SFO last week. I can't imagine anyone is paying 25/day for a q50/60 but they are always sitting in the upgrade section.

ATL has been better than most though. We'll see next week.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.