Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at ATL; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Consolidated "Renting at ATL; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Old Aug 3, 2017, 10:26 pm

Last week, about 1am Thursday morning there was a great selection in PC, a few MB, an infinity, a cadillac SUV.

Tonight, 11:45 Thursday night, nothing but crap. There was one 300 that the guy in front of me grabbed, an impala without the keys and the Malibu I took. Otherwise it was a bunch of Asian imports, Hyundai Kia Nissan, and dodge journeys. Basically you could have anything you wanted as long as it was a middle class dad car.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 12:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Any experience as PC at ATL around the middle of the day on a Saturday in the summer? I'd normally reserve an cheap compact, but I'm wondering whether I should pay an bit more and get UC.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Aug 16, 2017 at 6:15 am Reason: Typo
Old Aug 4, 2017, 4:49 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Any experience as PC at ATL around the middle of the say on a Saturday in the summer? I'd normally reserve an cheap compact, but I'm wondering whether I should pay an bit more and get UC.
What's the difference between a B and a C? Usually very small for me in Europe. Personally I'd have thought it's a no brainer unless you have a very restrictive corporate policy or actively want a small car.

(As a PC I'd expect to get a Corolla/Elantra/Cruze on a B rental, which is "acceptable" but even if you get an Altima from UC it's probably worth a couple of dollars a day extra.)
Old Aug 7, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Dgosche
Tonight, 11:45 Thursday night, nothing but crap. There was one 300 that the guy in front of me grabbed, an impala without the keys and the Malibu I took. Otherwise it was a bunch of Asian imports, Hyundai Kia Nissan, and dodge journeys. Basically you could have anything you wanted as long as it was a middle class dad car.
This has been my exact experience in ATL (in the PC section) the last 2 times I have rented (Thursday late night a few weeks ago, and Friday evening last weekend). Altimas and Camrys everywhere, with maybe an Avalon, 300, or nicer SUV mixed in (which are quickly grabbed). The upgrade area only had 1 Infiniti each time as well (QX30 one time, Q50 the other).
Old Aug 15, 2017, 10:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Saturday afternoon the PC UC area didn't have very many cars; most of the spaces were empty and there were a lot of white Fords that looked alike. I picked a 2017 Ultima with over 25,000 miles on it, mostly because I liked the color and there weren't any better or more interesting options.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 1:42 pm

Programs: Status? What's status?
Picked up yesterday, selection was slim. There were two Infiniti QX60 that had already been taken, and then a handful of Camary and Optimas. While looking around a GMC Acadia with 15,000 miles showed up, took that. On return today I was charged $6 for Sat Radio, has anybody else ever been charged for this at an Ultimate Choice location? I never have before today.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 5:12 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Last two reviews far different than mine. I almost think there is some sort of 'system' Hertz has in place or manager on duty can assign or tell employees what he would like to see there?

It's odd that the same location clearly has a lot of cars and the PC area sees some quality cars at different days/times of the week. Yet others go around same time and have the pick of crap.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 6:03 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lmsalman
Picked up yesterday, selection was slim. There were two Infiniti QX60 that had already been taken, and then a handful of Camary and Optimas. While looking around a GMC Acadia with 15,000 miles showed up, took that. On return today I was charged $6 for Sat Radio, has anybody else ever been charged for this at an Ultimate Choice location? I never have before today.
I did once, I think it's automated, and they quickly removed the charge when I brought to their attention.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 8:39 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
I was in ATL on 8/19 at around 9am and it was slim pickings in the Presidents Circle UC aisle- it was pick your color Sonata and Altima with the occasional Maxima and Avalon mixed in.

I walked the aisles and finally found a '17 Cadillac ATS with 15k miles and a '17 Buick Regal with 15k miles. Took the ATS- really liked it.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 12:15 pm

What hybrid cars are typically available at ATL?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 5:25 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Tuesday OCT 10 @ 1800

PC had a Q50 which I took immediately as there was a line of folks following me. Also had some other SUVs. Not many vehicles stocked.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 8:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
Been renting for a while here instead of owning a vehicle. It is true that sometimes the selection is limited, however the last three months, I've had a Nissan Maxima, Chrysler 300 (fully loaded incl. adaptive cruise and cooled seats), Kia Sedona, Inifiniti Q60, Nissan Titan (brand new) and a Toyota 4Runner. They usually have 2-3 "PC" cars and the rest are your typical altima, camry etc. I'd say waiting for a couple minutes helps get new inventory in general.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 8:38 pm

Programs: DL PM
Been pretty good in ATL the past few months (mostly arriving mid Thursday).

Q50
300 w/ sport package
Q60
Q50
Altima
Ford Edge
QX30
QX30
QX70
Avalon
QX70
Old Dec 16, 2017, 11:03 am

Arriving in on a Friday afternoon, 5 star was fairly full with mostly Sonatas and Altimas, several Kia Souls, and a few Escapes and Malibus. I snagged the lone Buick Encore, which had leather and satellite radio.

PC had almost exactly the same selection, but also a few well equipped Chrysler 300s (I believe 300C), and one Infiniti sedan, I believe a Q50, which was getting taken as I checked the lot. The paid upgrade section was mostly Infiniti Q50 sedans and a couple of Infiniti QX50 crossovers.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 8:59 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by jacobguo

2/17 ATL. A grand total of 6 cars in the PC area. 2 Q60s though.
Thursdays and Friday mid-afternoon in ATL there has been at least one [Q50, Q60, Q70, Chrysler 300] every time I've been through for the past 5ish months (recently lots of Jaguar XE too). I haven't had a single Infinity that didn't have a strong cigarette/cleaner smell though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.