Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at ATL; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Consolidated "Renting at ATL; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Old Apr 17, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by ncSam
Picked up at ATL this weekend. PC had the following:
-Cadillac ATS
-Cadillac SUVs
-Lots of Maximas
-Nissan Pathfinder
-Kia Sorento
-Infinity Q60
-Infinity QX60
-Infinity Q50 3.0
Nice selection!
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Picked up at ATL this weekend. PC had the following:
-Cadillac ATS
-Cadillac SUVs
-Lots of Maximas
-Nissan Pathfinder
-Kia Sorento
-Infinity Q60
-Infinity QX60
-Infinity Q50 3.0
Must've been earlier in the weekend. I was at the ATL PC aisle Sunday night around 11pm, and all they had were bunch of Kia Optimas, Malibu's, Impalas, Dodge Journey's.
Quite disappointing compared to previous weeks.
Old May 9, 2017, 7:07 pm

Group P6 LFAR Prestige at ATL

Just booked Group P6 LFAR at ATL. Hoping for an Escalade over the Navigator. Anyone seen the Escalades there?
Old May 30, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/1848803-consolidated-renting-a

Picked up at ATL on a Friday evening. PC had:

-A bunch of SUVs (didn't note which kinds)
-Toyota Camrys and Avalons
-Nissan Altimas and Maximas
-Cadillac XTS
-Infiniti Q60
-Infiniti QX30
-Jaguar XE
-Jaguar XF

I took the XF, which had <1500 miles on it and was a great car.

Last edited by ncSam; Jun 8, 2017 at 8:43 am
Old May 31, 2017, 1:06 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Picked up at ATL on a Friday evening. PC had:

-A bunch of SUVs (didn't note which kinds)
-Toyota Camrys and Avalons
-Nissan Altimas and Maximas
-Cadillac XTS
-Infinity Q60
-Infinity QX30
-Jaguar XE
-Jaguar XF

I took the XF, which had <1500 miles on it and was a great car.
Definitely seems to be a pattern here across all locations with most cars in PC being Camrys/Avalons/Altimas/Maximas and then a handful of Jaguar/Cadillac/Infinitis and SUVs.

I checked out quite a few cars in the PC section in DFW and they all had fully activated Sirius XM. Is this basically to be expected now for Presidents Circle members?
Old Jun 5, 2017, 8:44 pm

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
ATL

First UC experience in ATL as a 5* today, plenty of Altimas and that was about it. YF with XM on an intermediate RES is decent so I can't complain. In the past, I would have received an intermediate with no XM. PC had a much better selection.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 5:01 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Did you get an Altima that was coded YF and had Sirius/XM, or did you pick something else?
Old Jun 8, 2017, 10:18 am

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Did you get an Altima that was coded YF and had Sirius/XM, or did you pick something else?
I walked to the closest Altima in the 5* UC section that also happened to be a YF. It was pretty loaded w/leather, SiriusXM, heated seats, keyless start button, alloy wheels.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 8:35 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Most recent ATL reviews and times/days?

I have a rental at my home airport for 7 days. C/D fares are solid deal with pre-pay and it's a well reviewed(for the most part) UC location. I however need a mid-size to large SUV or Minivan.

I have used UC a few times and every single time there has been the huge Nissan SUV, Ford Explorers and at least one Minivan of some kind. Think it's worth rolling the dice? Booking direct is 2-3x the cost.

Past that let's say I book C/D as a PC and there is nothing large enough. How does going to gold desk work and saying "I need something larger?" Or ask "Well do you plan to put out something larger?"
Old Jun 18, 2017, 6:13 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
Think it's worth rolling the dice? Booking direct is 2-3x the cost.
I would roll the dice. Worst case scenario is that there is nothing you need. Then go to the Gold desk and say you need a bigger car and they'll do an UG upcharge on your existing rate which I am guessing will not be 2-3X the rate you are paying now.

Unless you have only 1 driver anyway, getting 2 cars is going to be equal or less than 2-3X anyway.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 7:00 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bergamini
I would roll the dice. Worst case scenario is that there is nothing you need. Then go to the Gold desk and say you need a bigger car and they'll do an UG upcharge on your existing rate which I am guessing will not be 2-3X the rate you are paying now.

Unless you have only 1 driver anyway, getting 2 cars is going to be equal or less than 2-3X anyway.
Was my thought as well.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 4:23 pm

Programs: Hertz Gold Plus
I've booked a pick up truck (SPAR) for three weeks in September at ATL
Anyone have any idea what they have the most of?
Illustrated model is the Chevy Silverado, but noticed someone earlier had seen a titan.

Thanks
Old Jun 25, 2017, 7:13 pm

Programs: Hertz Gold, JetBlue TrueBlue, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by Commie
I've been renting at the ATL location for the past 2 years and they recently switched to the Ultimate Choice for presidents circle members.

So far I am loving this program switch.
I always book the full size class car, and in the past I've been getting the Impala's, Malibu's, Sonata's, and sometimes the 200 of the world.
The last 2 weeks with ultimate choice, I picked a Infiniti QX80 last week, and this week I picked a Dodge Challenger. There was also a few Cadillac in the PC aisle. All for the same price as my full size.

I hope they keep this up.

Another update from the ATL president circle ultimate choice. Was at the ATL lot this morning around 10am. Was very impressed with the choices available. There were a few Infiniti QX80, some Cadillac SUV's, Infiniti Q50.
I ended up picking an Infiniti Q50 with 290 miles on the odometer.

Hope they keep this up, quite happy so far with ATL.

Does anyone have any experience with just regular Gold Choice service at ATL since the Ultimate Choice changes (I'm not Five Star or PC)?
I was very used to the process for Gold Choice, I'm wondering what any differences might be under Ultimate Choice. Have a reservation coming up at ATL on Saturday 7/29 about 5pm.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 10:34 am

ATL on Monday AM was beyond awesome.

Multiple Infinitis of all sizes. Few Caddys. Multiple Range Rovers. Explorers. Etc. Could choose whatever you wanted in many options/ranges.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 14, 2017 at 6:55 pm Reason: I think this has more value in the ATL thread
Old Aug 3, 2017, 7:46 am

Programs: United Premier, Delta SM, Sixt Plat, Hertz PC, Avis PP, Hilton plat
Can anybody give an update on the PC section in ATL? Also is Sunday evening a good time to pick up?? Thanks ;-)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.