Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at ATL; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Consolidated "Renting at ATL; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Old Feb 2, 2021, 3:52 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
First ATL rental of the year and it was actually good! The quality of the selection wasn't great but at least there WAS a selection:

Five Star had smaller SUVs and smaller sedans. I took a Ford Edge SEL with 12,000 miles.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 10:48 pm

Picked up today (2/15) and there wasnt much of a selection in PC, probably about 15 cars total for all three levels. A handful of SUVs (lots of Kia Sorentos, a Chevy Equinox, a GMC Terrain, a Ford Escape), one convertible Mustang, and some other entry level mediocre sedans. Got stuck with the Terrain that has 60k miles and expired Sirius XM and the line took about 30 minutes to get through. They had several higher end cars reserved (Ranger Rovers, Jaguars, etc).
Ordpc likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 8:00 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
Hows the PC selection been lately? Picking up around noon on 4/30. Feel like ATL has historically been less than stellar
Old May 2, 2021, 11:01 am

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
Managed to talk my way into a Dodge Challenger GT with 6,000 miles on the odometer for a quick one day trip. Fun to drive; not the most comfortable seats. PC, FS and gold were all empty. Plenty of cars in the return aisle on Saturday morning awaiting cleaning.

Tried smooth talking my way into a BMW sedan or SUV. But the keys were missing for one and the other was already on a contract.

Ordpc likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 5:13 pm

Any recent experiences with Hertz in ATL? Appreciate any info that anyone can provide!
Old Jul 8, 2021, 1:58 pm

Booked a full size SUV for a trip two weeks later, anyone know if there is any new generation Tahoe/Yukon available at ATL Hertz? I think I saw some of the the newer one in other rental car lot. thanks!
Old Jul 10, 2021, 12:23 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, Marriott, Hertz, National, Chic-fil-A
Just picked up a midsize SUV for the week today at 12:30p. The lot looked exactly like the photos a few posts earlier- barren and empty. I have Pres Circle status and my name wasnt on the board so I waited at the Gold desk for 10 minutes and got issued a Ford Edge with 33k miles that smelled like an ashtray. There were literally no other midsize SUVs available. Only Rogues and Expeditions. Itll do for a week and then Ill be rid of it. Felt kinda bad since there were some folks waiting on cars they clearly didnt have to give out.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by GlobeTrttr83
Just picked up a midsize SUV for the week today at 12:30p. The lot looked exactly like the photos a few posts earlier- barren and empty. I have Pres Circle status and my name wasnt on the board so I waited at the Gold desk for 10 minutes and got issued a Ford Edge with 33k miles that smelled like an ashtray. There were literally no other midsize SUVs available. Only Rogues and Expeditions. Itll do for a week and then Ill be rid of it. Felt kinda bad since there were some folks waiting on cars they clearly didnt have to give out.
I think ATL has taken the title of "worst Hertz location" away from DCA
Old Jul 12, 2021, 6:05 pm

We're flying down to ATL on Friday around noon. Thinking about booking a large premium car (Group G). From what I understand, we could either choose the car they provide or pick from the Gold Status cars. Is that correct?

From the horror stories I've read recently with the wait times and no cars, I'm thinking it may be worth it to at least have a car set aside for us.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by timorales
We're flying down to ATL on Friday around noon. Thinking about booking a large premium car (Group G). From what I understand, we could either choose the car they provide or pick from the Gold Status cars. Is that correct?

From the horror stories I've read recently with the wait times and no cars, I'm thinking it may be worth it to at least have a car set aside for us.
Normally, yes, they'll assign you a vehicle and you can take that or from Ultimate Choice. Things can be different these days post-covid depending on your location - sometimes you don't get a car assigned and have to go to the counter, sometimes the Gold Zone is closed or empty or gone entirely, etc.

The car class you book is unlikely to affect your luck in a low inventory situation though - they generally assign you a vehicle an hour or so before your reservation, and when they're low on cars they seem to mostly give up on car classes and just focus on getting each customer something with wheels.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 6:41 pm

Just wanted to update this with our experience last week.

Reserved a Premium Large Sedan
Flight got in around 12 on Friday 12/16, reserved the car for 12:30.

Name was on the board, but rather than a spot being reserved it said President's Circle

There were probably 6 cars in President's circle - from what I remember there was an Altima, an Equinox, and a few other mid size SUVs. While we were trying to figure out what to take a guy pulled up in an Infiniti Q50 and that's what we ended up taking.

The lot was pretty bare, but I was excited to get a car without any sort of wait during a prime time at the airport.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 9:42 am

Finally on my way back to Dallas after my horrible American Airlines experience (delayed over a day). Hertz experience is much better than AA. Like I said earlier I booked a P6 (Escalade) and my name is not on the board when I was there. And there is only two P6 left. One QX80 that someone took. And an 18 Escalade thats what I got. Even though it is 18 but it is in really good shape compared to the 19 I had in DEN. everything works and it even has rear monitor. Only 24k miles and seems like a used car just purchased by Hertz. Since it still has dealers sticker. Unfortunately I didnt find any 21 Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade from Hertz. There are some 20 camaro SS, and a bunch of boring car. The lot is a little bit empty, I dont have a chance to look at UC zone. I will take a look if I come here next time
Auto Enthusiast, yjx and Ordpc like this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 1:55 pm

Programs: MR Gold
Oct 26 2021 Four Day Rental PC

Arrived around 7 PM on a Monday night and the PC had about 12 cars total.
I got a very nice Chrysler 300 S model in white.
Was next to a very larger Nissan Armada
There were a few Nissan Altimas available too.
I forgot to take a picture.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 2:53 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
My first time at ATL in almost a year. I'd forgotten what disappointment looked like.

Now I remember. I ended up in a 2018 Chevy Equinox LT with 49,500 miles on it. Yuck.
Auto Enthusiast and jizen like this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by CMK10
I ended up in a 2018 Chevy Equinox LT with 49,500 miles on it. Yuck.
Why, with a Challenger and Wrangler sitting there? Even the Traverse is decent.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 27, 2022 at 4:48 am Reason: please remove images when quoting

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.