Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at LGA; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Old Oct 16, 2020, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Renting at LGA; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Old May 18, 2017, 11:15 am

pickup today at lga

Picked up at lga pc lot no premium or luxury 5* had one icar 300c took it
Old May 20, 2017, 8:16 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums
Original Poster

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Utter fail at LGA right now. They are completely out of cars in all areas and everyone has to wait in line to get a car assigned. Line at Gold Desk is 10 deep. Regular line close to out the door. They claim their system is down so everyone has to get manual contracts inside.

They just pulled a C Subaru Impreza into the PC row, but it reeks of marijuana inside.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; May 20, 2017 at 8:33 am
Old May 20, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
They just pulled a C Subaru Impreza into the PC row, but it reeks of marijuana inside.
Go get in one of the Escalades. Had one for a week with the windows down and it still smelled at the end of the week.
Old May 20, 2017, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

They ended up assigning me a YF 2016 Hyundai Sonata SE with NeverLost and functioning Sirius/XM with NY plates and 22,000 miles on the odometer after waiting about 30 minutes.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; May 21, 2017 at 1:36 pm
Old May 21, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
All Impreza's do!
Old May 21, 2017, 8:35 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Utter fail at LGA right now. They are completely out of cars in all areas and everyone has to wait in line to get a car assigned. Line at Gold Desk is 10 deep. Regular line close to out the door. They claim their system is down so everyone has to get manual contracts inside.

Returned to LGA this evening. System was down on Thu eve when I picked up, and it was still down when I returned tonight. No rental contract on checkout. No receipt on return. What a [mess].

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 16, 2017 at 5:42 pm Reason: removed profanity
Old May 28, 2017, 8:48 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
LGA in Saturday morning, PC area had five or six Infiniti QX30s, several Chrysler 300s, and several larger Hyundai or Kia SUVs. Not a bad assortment, especially for a holiday weekend.
Old May 30, 2017, 6:50 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by cestmoi123
LGA in Saturday morning, PC area had five or six Infiniti QX30s, several Chrysler 300s, and several larger Hyundai or Kia SUVs. Not a bad assortment, especially for a holiday weekend.
When I returned on Monday late afternoon, PC area was completely full, almost everything was a full-sized Asian sedan (Camrys, Altimas, or Sonatas). One Dodge Journey and a couple of Kia SUVs as well. So, lots of cars, but not exactly an impressive array.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cestmoi123
Good ol' LGA, two weeks after the meltdown and a week after cestmoi123's better experience.

Arrived at 1015 and the entire PC area was empty, save two minivans (Dodge Caravan and Nissan Quest). Luckily, there was also a K6 Kia Sorrento (2017 AWD SE V6 with 4,800 miles on the odometer) parked in front, so I took it. The agent at the gate tried to charge me for the XM but I just told him that I declined the service and he seemed to think by doing so, the radio wouldn't work. Whatever it takes to get out of that hellhole...

I have another reservation next Saturday; maybe it's every other week that LGA stinks.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 2:57 pm

Anyone know what the 5* selection is at LGA? Flying over to that hellhole in a few weeks, wanna know what I'm getting myself into...
Old Jun 7, 2017, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by vr67
Anyone know what the 5* selection is at LGA? Flying over to that hellhole in a few weeks, wanna know what I'm getting myself into...
5* at LGA (my home airport) is pretty weak. I've rented there with UC about 5 times since launch and haven't gotten anything to write home about. I'm picking up a rental in a couple of days. I'll be happy to post pics of what I find in 5* and PC after pickup.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
5* at LGA (my home airport) is pretty weak. I've rented there with UC about 5 times since launch and haven't gotten anything to write home about. I'm picking up a rental in a couple of days. I'll be happy to post pics of what I find in 5* and PC after pickup.
Hasn't Hertz LGA just always sucked at life, though? All one needs to do is search FT for posts by @FlyinHawaiian + LGA to know there is nothing good at all about LGA.

Last edited by jackal; Jun 8, 2017 at 10:26 am
Old Jun 8, 2017, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by jackal
Hasn't Hertz LGA just always sucked at life, though? All one needs to do is search FT for posts by FlyinHawaiian + LGA to know there is nothing good at all about LGA.
Sucked at life describes anything LGA related in a nutshell...
Old Jun 10, 2017, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

5* was actually nicely stocked this morning about 9am. There was a nice mix from B Kia Soul to G Impalas and a minivan or two; I counted about 10 cars there. I also saw a Cadillac CTS and Jag in the parallel spaces right outside of the building where the shuttle drops you off.

Conversely, the PC area had a Chrysler Pacifica minivan, a Nissan Altima, a Subaru Impreza, and a Hyundai Santa Fe. I picked an L 2017 Toyota 4Runner AWD SR5 with 6,000 miles and working Sirius/XM. Two other PCs came and took the sedans so when I left it was just the minivan and SUV left.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 7:42 am

Was at Hertz LGA on Friday morning and again today (Monday) morning. Friday morning was pretty sparse and nothing at all decent in 5* or PC. This morning both sections were full, bit very underwhelming as it typical at LGA:

President's Circle
  • One Jaguar XE
  • One Nissan Quest Minivan
  • Two Infiniti G37's
  • Various flavors of Toyota Camry, Hyundai Sonata, Chevy Cruze, Kia Optima, Toyota Corolla

Five Star
  • Nissan Altima
  • Hyundai Elantra
  • Chevy Cruze
  • Subaru Impreza
  • Toyota Camry
  • Nissan Sentra
  • Kia Soll
  • Kia Optima

Basically a typical LGA day except for the Jag which is a rate sighting there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.