Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at LGA; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 16, 2020, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Renting at LGA; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2021, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Arrived today (Saturday) around 0945. There were a total of three cars in PC; a Buick Encore, Chrysler 300, and a Kia Optima. I spotted a larger SUV in 5* and took it; it's a Q4 2018(!) Ford Escape SEL AWD with Florida Plates (and a NJ dealer's decal) and 38,800 miles on the odometer and disabled Sirius/XM. The only other car I spotted in 5* was another Chrysler 300.
Interesting- I got a 2018 GMC Acadia at Newark today, also with FL license plate but a big NJ dealership decal on the front license plate area. Its pretty well equipped and very well maintained; certainly looks like Hertz is still raiding the used car lots in the NJ area?
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 6:28 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Picked up Friday 8/20 at 4 PM. I hadn't gotten a rental car at LGA in a few years and I didn't realize how complicated it was now. There are no signs at Terminal B telling you how to get to the rental cars but thankfully a shuttle driver told me I'd have to ride the LGA Bus to Terminal A and switch to a Hertz bus.

Mediocre pickings in PC. Just a few small SUVs and a Mustang. I ended up in a 2019 Equinox with 14,000 miles on it. Hardly inspiring for $125 a day.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 4:57 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums
Original Poster

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Arrived yesterday (Saturday) around 0930. I noted one sedan (Chrysler 300s) and the rest were small SUV, including a Mazda CX-30, Nissan Rogue Sport, GMC Acadia, and a Chevy Blazer. There was also a Jeep Grand Cherokee 4X4 Limited that I was tempted to take, but I noted it had Florida plates and had a dealer's sticker on the tailgate so it was a used car. Instead I took an L 2021 Ford Bronco Sport 4X4 Big Bend. It has Michigan plates, 12,000 miles on the odometer and working Sirius/XM. It's my first time driving this make/model and I'm pretty happy with it, overall.
seawolf, Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Arrived yesterday (Friday) around 1230. In PC, for sedans, there were two Chrysler 300s, a Toyota Camry SE, and a Nissan Altima. There were three convertibles; two Ford Mustangs (not GT) and a Camaro SS. For SUV, there were two Mazda CX5, a Cadillac XT5, and a Nissan Rogue Sport. I was tempted to take the XT5, but I was only renting to drive myself back to Manhattan (with a few grocery stops along the way) so I took a more pedestrian SUV and left the Caddy for another member who could enjoy it more. The SUV I took was an L 2021 Ford Edge AWD Titanium with 12,000 miles, MA plates, and working Sirius/XM.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 22, 2022 at 2:51 pm
Old Feb 13, 2022, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Arrived yesterday (Saturday) around 0930. In PC, there was one Infiniti QX80 and three L4 SUV; a Buick Enclave (38K miles), Mazda CX-9 (27K miles) and a Subaru Ascent (23K miles). All had AWD and were in medium trims. Also present was a Chevy Impala V6 and an Infiniti Q50. I took the Ascent; it was a NY-plated 2021 model year in the Premium trim, with added options of a power rear tailgate, panoramic sunroof, navi, and working Sirius/XM.

Over in 5*, it was a choice of a Nissan Rogue Sport, Nissan Pathfinder, or a Honda(!) Odyssey.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Feb 13, 2022 at 6:15 pm
Old Mar 13, 2022, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Arrived yesterday (Saturday) around 0915. In PC, the car options included a Honda Odyssey minivan, a Chrysler 300 and a Dodge Charger GT. SUV options included a few Nissan Rogues, a Honda CR-V, Chevy Equinox LT, and an Infiniti QX60; everyone but the Infiniti were AWD. There was also a Toyota Tacoma 4-door Crew Cab and a pair of Jeep Wrangler 4-doors.

Towards the end of the aisle I found an L 2022 Ford Edge SEL AWD. It has 2,500 miles on the odometer, Rhode Island plates, and working Sirius/XM. I was glad to have a new car with fresh tires and active AWD as it was a mixture of snow and sleet yesterday.
Old May 1, 2022, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Arrived yesterday (Saturday) and the lot was completely out of cars, except for a few random cars in the Reserved section. I went inside to the counter and the manager on duty offered me a 2020 T4 Cadillac XT5 AWD Premium Luxury V-6 (51,000 miles on the odometer and Georgia plates) out of the upgrades section; the other vehicles there were two or three Tesla Model 3s and an Infiniti QX80.
Old May 6, 2022, 10:25 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Red face Unicorn: Camaro SS at LGA PC, booked Standard on Points

Pretty late, but this occurred to me around August 2021 at this location. Either I got lucky or an employee seriously messed up giving this to me on my points reservation when I didn't book this class.

I redeemed Hertz Points at this location for a 1 week rental, and per Hertz T&C, I should've received a standard/intermediate car regardless of my Hertz status. I did not book any adrenaline/specialized car with points, only standard.

Although I am PC, I noticed this Camaro SS was sitting in the lot, and I asked the employee who was driving the cars to their spots if I'd be able to drive away with it due to my PC status although I used points. He shrugged and said as long "as they let you through the front gates after validating your rental booking, you're good." Well sure enough, they did let me go through. I highly doubt this would occur again, especially on a points booking. Although the dash had some delay with blacking out after ignition, it drove smooth like a glove

Ordpc likes this.
Old May 6, 2022, 10:44 pm
Original Poster

You appear to misunderstand how Hertz’ Ultimate Choice works. if the Camaro was parked in the PC section as shown in the photo, then it was eligible for any PC member to select. It doesn’t matter if you are paying with $$$ or points, as long as you have booked a midsize or higher, it’s allowed.
Old May 25, 2022, 1:10 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Interesting the choice of which section they chose to put the cars today. Wednesday at 3pm

Ultimate Series

Cadillac Escalade 600

Premium Upgrade

Cadillac CT4 350T
Range Rover Evoque

Presidents

Mazda CX-5
Jeep Compass latitude
Nissan Altima
Chevy equinox LT
Nissan Altima SR
Nissan Rogue
Nissan Rogue Sport
Honda accord
Chevy equinox LT
Honda Accord
Honda CRV
Mazda CX-5
Jeep Compass

Five Star

Nissan Rogue SL
Nissan Altima
Toyota CHR
Chevy Malibu LT
Hyundai Sonata
Chevy Malibu LT
Hyundai Tucson
Jeep Compass latitude
Nissan Altima SR
Mazda cx-5

Gold

Chevy equinox LT
Buick Encore GX
Toyota Camry LE
Nissan Rogue Spoet SV
Chevy equinox Lt
Nissan Altima SV
Ford Fusion Titanium
Nissan Altima Platinim
Kia Optima
Kia Optima EX
Hyundai Sonata
Chevy Trav LT
Old May 26, 2022, 9:52 am

This morning, PC had some SUVs, a 300, a Kia Optima, Chevy Malibu, and a pickup truck. Didn't take a close look at the SUVs as I usually prefer not to drive them
Ordpc likes this.
Old May 26, 2022, 11:44 am

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Ultimate

Toyota Tacoma
Escalade 600

Premium

Acura RDx
CT4

Presidents

Rogue
crv
escap sel
altima sr
Altima sr
altima sr
rogue sport sv
malibu lt
crv
rav4 hybrid le
corolla cross xle w 918 miles
altima sv
equinox lt

Five Star

Altima sr
altima
chr
trax lt
escape se
Rogue sv
sportage
rogue sport sv
cx5
insight hybrid (w tinted windoes
sportage

Gold

Sonata
encore gx
sonata
fusion se
malibu lt
trailblazer lt
fusion energy titanium
accord
compass
optima ex
fusion se
rogue sv

EDIT - Thursday @ 1:45ish (Memorial Day weekend)
Ordpc likes this.

Last edited by 91StealthES; May 26, 2022 at 12:09 pm
Old Jun 3, 2022, 11:57 am

Friday around 11:45

Ultimate
X5
Qx60

Premium
Kia niro
Qx50

PC
Escape
Crv
Equinox lt
Accord touring
Equinox
Lexus uz200
Qx60
Equinox lt
Rogue sport
Rogue sport
Cx5
Equinox lt
Equinox lt
Equinox lt

5 star
Altima
Rogue sv
Equinox lt
Outback
Camry le
Frontier sv
Equinox lt
Sportage

Gold
Equinox
Equinox lt
Escape ae
Equinox lt
Sentra sv
Sportage s
Equinox lt
Rogue sport
Trax
Old Jun 20, 2022, 10:51 pm

Last week, late afternoon weekday: PC had a Toyota Avalon, Ford Edge, a couple base trim Honda CR-Vs, and some other miscellaneous SUVs.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 7:53 am

I returned to this location Thurs last week, as a one-way from a suburban store. From what I saw, there were several Camaros, Mustangs, and at least one Tesla in premium upgrade, several Suburbans, Camrys, Altimas, a few Avalons, and several Chevrolet Spark hatchbacks. The former had a lot of FL plates and empty front bumper brackets, which given recent trends, likely means purchased used. The rest had mostly NY plates, which seems rare for these large facilities, with the odd VA and MA sprinkled in. The Sparks were all different colors and had plates mostly from neighboring states, ex CT and NJ.

I had to go to the office to close out the contract since the HLE gave me half a tank of gas. Several walkups inquired about one-ways since their flights were canceled. The agents said they're sold out. I wondered why nobody offered them the 2019 Nissan Versa sedan, 47k mi, CO plates, and vibrating AC fan, I had just brought in.
Ordpc likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.