Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points not posting

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Points not posting

The last three cars I've rented from Hertz have all posted with zero points. I've gone back and looked at the reservation, and I selected points as the award.

Has anyone else had this happening? I put the request in via the website for the points yesterday, and will report back if they respond. I also have a promotion for 550 points that I achieved and it hasn't posted yet either.

The ironic part of this is I was just telling a co-worker how impressed I was that Hertz points always post immediately and why couldn't other programs figure it out like hertz!
Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:27 pm
Suspended

Hertz Promos always post slowly
Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by oldgoldflyer
Hertz Promos always post slowly
That's true, but the points always post immediately...and the last three have posted zero points.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 9:02 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Having the same issues with my last two rentals (last week and this week), I did submit a request for the first one on Monday and have not had a response.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 10:37 am

Having the same issue. The last properly posted rental was on March 16th.
After that, the next 2 weekly rentals all posted with a '0' points. I have submitted a missing points report on their website.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Commie
Having the same issue. The last properly posted rental was on March 16th.
After that, the next 2 weekly rentals all posted with a '0' points. I have submitted a missing points report on their website.
OK, glad I am not the only one having this issue. Hope it gets resolved soon!
Old Apr 3, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Also affecting me. Some of the rentals were booked through a third party (but always had my account number in them). The last one was booked direct via Hertz though.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

All mine were booked direct.

Anyone know how long it typically takes to get points posted once you submit the request?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 10:59 am

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by bsdstone
OK, glad I am not the only one having this issue. Hope it gets resolved soon!
Having the exact same issue...Last two rentals show as 0 points earned. Weird. Chatting with the rep right now to see if this can be resolved.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vdostoi1
Having the exact same issue...Last two rentals show as 0 points earned. Weird. Chatting with the rep right now to see if this can be resolved.
Excellent. Let us know if/how it gets resolved.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 11:42 am

Programs: Hertz 5-Star, American Airlines, Delta, Southwest, Hilton, Hotels.com, National
Smile You need to call Gold Rewards

Originally Posted by bsdstone
The last three cars I've rented from Hertz have all posted with zero points. I've gone back and looked at the reservation, and I selected points as the award.

Has anyone else had this happening? I put the request in via the website for the points yesterday, and will report back if they respond. I also have a promotion for 550 points that I achieved and it hasn't posted yet either.

The ironic part of this is I was just telling a co-worker how impressed I was that Hertz points always post immediately and why couldn't other programs figure it out like hertz!
I created an account because I had to answer this one. I had the same thing happen on ~6 rentals in the past four months. You need to call the Gold Rewards number from the Hertz website and the customer service rep did credit me for all my missing points. Submitting a request through the "Missing Points" section on Hertz did nothing. You need to call them, but they did credit to my account instantly.

I've found that I don't receive the points on rentals where I choose the "pre-pay" option. I tested this theory last month and sure enough, every time I chose "Pay Later" I received my points automatically, vs. having to call in. Pretty annoying, but at least they took care of them. Good luck!

Last edited by AACSLP; Apr 3, 2017 at 11:44 am Reason: added time frame for points added to account
Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AACSLP
I created an account because I had to answer this one. I had the same thing happen on ~6 rentals in the past four months. You need to call the Gold Rewards number from the Hertz website and the customer service rep did credit me for all my missing points. Submitting a request through the "Missing Points" section on Hertz did nothing. You need to call them, but they did credit to my account instantly.

I've found that I don't receive the points on rentals where I choose the "pre-pay" option. I tested this theory last month and sure enough, every time I chose "Pay Later" I received my points automatically, vs. having to call in. Pretty annoying, but at least they took care of them. Good luck!
Thanks, that's interesting...I've never chosen the pre-pay gas...and this just started for me.

I'll call them in a bit.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Just hung up with a very abrupt, and bordering on rude agent.
She did credit my account, but had no idea why this happened and didn't give off the impression that she wanted to investigate it anytime soon.
I am grounded for at least a month, so went have a car rental for a while to see if this happens again.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 9:04 pm

what is the phone number that people are calling? For the life of me, I can't find a contact # on their website?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Commie
what is the phone number that people are calling? For the life of me, I can't find a contact # on their website?
Gold Plus Rewards Questions -------- 888-999-4900 (7am-9pm CT M-F)

https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/custo...on=globNav_8_1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.