Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Getaway" vs. Regular CDP

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2017, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
"Getaway" vs. Regular CDP

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to properly book so I don't lose insurance coverage.

My company has 2 Hertz codes that are available to me: one regular and one "getaway". The getaway code price is over 2X as expensive as the regular one. When I choose the regular one it gives me the option to say it's a business trip or leisure trip. Both price out identically. Can I use the regular code, but choose leisure trip and be ok? When I choose business it shows under the CDP as official travel, but that's not there when I choose leisure.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Even if you are able to book a leisure trip under your company's "regular" CDP, are you sure that the insurance benefits would apply to such a rental?
Old Mar 24, 2017, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
Originally Posted by guv1976
Even if you are able to book a leisure trip under your company's "regular" CDP, are you sure that the insurance benefits would apply to such a rental?
Right, sorry if my post wasn't clear, that's what I'm asking.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by jetsfan92588
Hertz may be able to answer that for you.

As a Cornell alumnus, I am entitled to use the Cornell-negotiated car-rental rates for my personal travel. But the Cornell webpages describing the car-rental contracts -- including the Hertz contract -- make clear that only rentals for University business get the insurance benefits.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 7:13 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by jetsfan92588
Have you asked your HR/benefits people for the answer to this question? What did they say?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.