FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/)
-   -   Consolidated "Renting at DFW; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/1824932-consolidated-renting-dfw-what-kind-cars-expect-thread.html)

Jstarion Feb 24, 2017 5:33 pm

Consolidated "Renting at DFW; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Any experiences of Ultimate choice Presidents Circle at DFW any good I usually rent from national but wanted to maybe try this out.

Wooglin Feb 28, 2017 8:30 pm

I was there on Feb 23. No Ultimate Choice section seems to exist yet.

I'll check again on Mar 7.

jimdarcy Mar 10, 2017 11:51 am

Was there on 3/2 no UC selection. Not a great experience IMO there.

Wooglin Mar 11, 2017 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Wooglin (Post 27972616)
I was there on Feb 23. No Ultimate Choice section seems to exist yet.

I'll check again on Mar 7.

Still no UC selection on Mar 7, but got upgrade in my assigned stall was an Infiniti QX70 (from booked C- Toyota Corolla), so I doubt I would have picked anything else anyway.

Will check again when I'm back there on Mar 29.

Wooglin Jun 26, 2017 7:31 am

I do have one, actually. They do have Ultimate Choice aisles now, as of 3 weeks ago when I rented.

Reserved: C (Toyota Corolla or similar), received email offering anything from the PC section of the UC.

Flight delay meant I arrived on a Tuesday at 2 am- the only thing on the PC aisle were three S Class - Chevy Silverados. There were ~50 open spaces in the aisle, so I imagine there's more variety at more popular times.

kennethsross Aug 7, 2017 8:21 am

Any news from DFW - Ultimate Choice - Gold?

OsoJoe Aug 10, 2017 8:51 am

Originally Posted by kennethsross (Post 28658104)

Take this with a grain of salt as I was renting over 4th of July weekend. Arriving on Thursday night before the weekend, the PC lot was full of Altimas and Camrys. There were also several Fusion Hybrids and Maximas. Sprinkled in were two Jag XEs and one Caddy XTS and various full size trucks. There were no SUVs. Upgrade area was Infiniti Q50s and QC60s.

kennethsross Aug 16, 2017 5:29 am

Originally Posted by OsoJoe (Post 28672324)
Take this with a grain of salt as I was renting over 4th of July weekend. Arriving on Thursday night before the weekend, the PC lot was full of Altimas and Camrys. There were also several Fusion Hybrids and Maximas. Sprinkled in were two Jag XEs and one Caddy XTS and various full size trucks. There were no SUVs. Upgrade area was Infiniti Q50s and QC60s.

Thanks for the info, OsoJoe.

We get in close to midnight next Thursday - thankfully don't have far to go. Hoping for at least a decent full-size (my reservation) and maybe something with a bit more space in GoldPlus ultimate choice (minivan or seven-seat SUV)

phltraveler Oct 5, 2017 10:50 am

Originally Posted by kennethsross (Post 28658104)

All of the good cars when I arrived were in the upgrade/premium area in DFW, but my coworker (who arrived on the same day) got a pretty nice Buick (Lacrosse I believe) from the PC area.

I had better luck in the Nashville Five Star area (earned PC but apparently Hertz reservations only consider status at the time the rental is reserved, not the actual rental itself) where I had a nicely trimmed Jeep SUV.

I think the Ultimate Choice is a mixed bag and diminishes your upgrade chances at a lot of locations if you aren't willing to pay, at least to premium vehicles, but ups your chances of booking intermediate and getting a smaller SUV from the five star/PC area if you need the additional seating/space for a trip.

manacit Oct 16, 2017 10:05 am

Wow - I was just there on October 12th and DFW has to be the weakest PC aisle I've ever seen. A couple of Hyundai SUVs and a few Altimas and maybe one Corolla. I should have taken a picture, there was an entire aisle of cars completely empty. I waited around about 20 minutes and nothing good came - super disappointing.

91StealthES Oct 16, 2017 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by manacit (Post 28938586)
Wow - I was just there on October 12th and DFW has to be the weakest PC aisle I've ever seen. A couple of Hyundai SUVs and a few Altimas and maybe one Corolla. I should have taken a picture, there was an entire aisle of cars completely empty. I waited around about 20 minutes and nothing good came - super disappointing.

And what would you have typically received at DFW before UC? You had a choice of a nice full size, I'm sure at least one was even an SL and you had selection of an SUV if you desired one. What is outside of typical expectation?

manacit Oct 17, 2017 6:06 am

Originally Posted by 91StealthES (Post 28940521)
And what would you have typically received at DFW before UC? You had a choice of a nice full size, I'm sure at least one was even an SL and you had selection of an SUV if you desired one. What is outside of typical expectation?

Before UC I would have just gone with National, where I've gotten a Q3 and a Jeep Grand Cherokee at DFW the last two times I reserved a midsize car - with status that I'd call equivalent to Hertz Five Star.

I understand that my expectations are probably a bit high, but National has completely outshined at this location, which is disappointing.

I could have also just come at a bad time (Thursday afternoon), which would explain why the PC section was so empty.

91StealthES Oct 17, 2017 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by manacit (Post 28942120)
Before UC I would have just gone with National, where I've gotten a Q3 and a Jeep Grand Cherokee at DFW the last two times I reserved a midsize car - with status that I'd call equivalent to Hertz Five Star.

I understand that my expectations are probably a bit high, but National has completely outshined at this location, which is disappointing.

I could have also just come at a bad time (Thursday afternoon), which would explain why the PC section was so empty.

As you mentioned, could be time of day, or management.

I am EE with National and PC with Hertz and must say that I have been spoiled by both. But, remember that both programs only guarantee an upgrade to full size. Anything above that is really just us being spoiled/lucky.

When i am "stuck" with an Altima, Sonata, Fusion, etc, I'm not mad, as I've received my upgrade on my midsize res. I must say in all my over a decade of travel, Ive only received a midsize on a few occasions.

As mentioned, I feel that I have been spoiled by both with the cars I receive on my discounted corporate rate. Big Kudos to both companies!

flyupfrnt Nov 30, 2017 10:08 pm

Any recent news or updates on how it’s going / what cars are being seen at DFW?

Thanks in advance

creditcardgeek Jan 17, 2018 5:36 pm

Through here last night and there were no cars just a line of people. I was #2 in line and got a 16k mile Toyota Corolla, but at least I got a car.