Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at DFW; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at DFW; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2018, 12:00 pm

Pretty varied PC selection last Saturday (early evening). Big SUVs, a pickup truck, Cadillacs, 300C, an Infiniti or two, a Dodge Challenger.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 2:16 am

Hi

Just booked a Intermediate Recreational Vehicle Group S4 IRAR(S4) Infiniti QX80 or similar

for Mid March.. Any idea if i will get the QX80 ?
Old Jul 14, 2018, 12:25 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
My first time renting at DFW. Wednesday around 4:30pm the PC lot was mostly empty.

1x Infiniti Q50 with "no keys" written on the window
1x Ford Mustang GT with ~700 miles on it
A few others that weren't special enough for me to even remember what they they (all F's I think)

I don't think I need to say what I drove away in - I'm sure you can guess...
Old Jul 14, 2018, 3:23 am

Programs: Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum, Eurobonus Diamond
Originally Posted by docbert
My first time renting at DFW. Wednesday around 4:30pm the PC lot was mostly empty.

1x Infiniti Q50 with "no keys" written on the window
1x Ford Mustang GT with ~700 miles on it
A few others that weren't special enough for me to even remember what they they (all F's I think)

I don't think I need to say what I drove away in - I'm sure you can guess...
Nice! Which Fcar did you grab?

Just kidding, but curious to know what package is on the mustang because I imagine its a facelifted 2018. Is it the premium with adaptive exhaust?
Old Jul 15, 2018, 6:09 am

Programs: Hertz PC
I'd be interested to know too. Did it have the 10 speed auto?
Old Jul 15, 2018, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Oflyt
Just kidding, but curious to know what package is on the mustang because I imagine its a facelifted 2018. Is it the premium with adaptive exhaust?
No idea. Wasn't even aware of the adaptive exhaust until your post. I didn't notice it on the menus, but I didn't actually spend any time going through them (it did have the "track" menus as you'd expect).

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wjVeqwVA54MENMuc7
https://photos.app.goo.gl/bqkwyPChfnWeis9Y9
​​​​
Originally Posted by HamishBurns
I'd be interested to know too. Did it have the 10 speed auto?
Yes.
Oflyt likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 12:51 am

PC lot had decent cars. Nissan Murano and Ford Edge stood out to me in the SUV range. I think there was an Equinox as well (but it smelled bad). There were a few trucks as well. There weren’t that many sedans though.

Ended up getting the Ford Edge because it had Apple CarPlay. There were a few scratches around the car, but I had the guy do a walk around and make note of it.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 3:54 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
Had a 5* rental today (Friday afternoon). The first row looked to be mostly SUVs, so walked over to the second row. Looked at a Chevy Impala, but then found a Chrysler 300C next to it, so grabbed that one. Looked like there were several full size car options further down the row, but was short on time, so didn’t investigate
Old Apr 9, 2019, 9:52 pm

Programs: Avis PC AmexPL Hertz5str MarriottPlt NetJets NationalEE InspiratoMember
Any recent Experience at DFW?

Will be arriving Friday evening rented a Range Rover Velar. Is this available? What might they give if not the Velar? Thanks in advance

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 10, 2019 at 4:39 am Reason: moved into consolidated thread
Old May 17, 2019, 9:58 pm

Programs: Lost all my status and am slogging to earn them back :( UA, AA, SPG, Marriott, Hilton, HTZ
Originally Posted by Fendi80
Will be arriving Friday evening rented a Range Rover Velar. Is this available? What might they give if not the Velar? Thanks in advance
Did you end up getting the Velar? What else did they have?
Fendi80 likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 6:47 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Had a last minute rental at DFW during Memorial weekend - on a Saturday - booked the lowest class category/cheapest (just needed the car for ~5 hours). As PC, I was allowed to choose in the Mid-size area.
I did pass through the PC area and it was close to empty - in fact nearly every single different area - cars were scarce.
In the mid-size they had the usual suspect - Nissan Tilda, Hyundai Elantra, etc. Picked the Elantra.

Cheers!
Old Jun 5, 2019, 2:47 am

I was there a few weeks ago, but in the area right next to the gold office, were several BMW 740i, a Challenger Scat Pack, and a Mercedes C63. Further down the lot were Dodge Ram Rebels, and a single Dodge Charger GT (V6).
Old Jun 5, 2019, 11:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
There was a Challenger in the upgrade area today, which is interesting because grabbed a Challenger R/T from ATL PC section just last week. Choices in the PC were choose your color Jeep Cherokees (All JK), two Dodge Rams (Hemi and 2019), lone Chrysler 300 and lone Caddy CT6.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 2:45 am

Programs: Avis PC AmexPL Hertz5str MarriottPlt NetJets NationalEE InspiratoMember
No I got a Jaguar F Pace

No they gave me a Jaguar F Suv, it was a Friday and I've never seen DFW have so many cars avaliable. Usually it's bare and without anything great. When I returned the F-pace I saw multiple White and beige Velars. The Jaguar was fully loaded and had not had the free ATT wifi activated yet, so I did. Not bad, though I believe it was a fluke. I have a upcoming reservation in Denver on a O4. Hopefully I get the BMW not the Cadillac.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA GS, MR TE, HH Diamond, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Avis PC
Any updates from folks who have gone through DFW recently? Flying in tomorrow evening and am wondering what I may get in PC...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.