Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Spouse as additional driver for free in the UK?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2016, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(

I'm looking to rent in the UK and Raffles thinks that an additional (spouse) driver should be free (or at least was free) for Gold Plus members. I know I have managed this before and printed out something to show my local very small office, but I can't now find anything except for rentals in the USA.

Can anyone help with a link?
Old Dec 8, 2016, 12:15 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by louie-m
I'm looking to rent in the UK and Raffles thinks that an additional (spouse) driver should be free (or at least was free) for Gold Plus members. I know I have managed this before and printed out something to show my local very small office, but I can't now find anything except for rentals in the USA.

Can anyone help with a link?
https://www.hertz.co.uk/rentacar/cus...search=partner

Note: If you become a Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Member, you can add your spouse or domestic partner as an additional driver for Free at participating locations.

Any good ?
Old Dec 8, 2016, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

That'll do fine. I spent ages reading FAQs and doing searches. Clearly you are better at it than I am! Thank you.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 10:32 pm
Original Poster

The link to confirm this is now https://www.hertz.co.uk/rentacar/mis...U_GPR_FAQs.jsp.

However.... I have recently booked a car for the UK from Australia. I had a few problems and had to speak to an agent, who told me that I wasn't entitled to a free additional driver for an Australian booking. Is she correct?
Old Nov 19, 2019, 1:27 am
Original Poster

Looking into this a bit more..... free additional driver is a benefit of Hertz Gold Plus membership both in the UK and in Australia. So I can't see how a booking from Australia for the UK or vice versa could not include a free additional (spouse) driver. Am I missing anything?
Old Nov 19, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: too many
Originally Posted by louie-m
Looking into this a bit more..... free additional driver is a benefit of Hertz Gold Plus membership both in the UK and in Australia. So I can't see how a booking from Australia for the UK or vice versa could not include a free additional (spouse) driver. Am I missing anything?
Probably just the agent trying to upsell you the add driver fee

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.