Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz Fall Promo / Merged with [PROMO] Get a Free Weekend Day after Just Two Rentals

Hertz Fall Promo / Merged with [PROMO] Get a Free Weekend Day after Just Two Rentals

Old Sep 27, 2016, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC

https://www.hertzfallrewards.com/MR1

Earn 25 points upon sign up, make 1 qualifying rental to get 550 points.

Very easy points, but unfortunately not the typical 2x-3x points bonus on all rentals in the fall. Hopefully we get something better in the winter months.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 6:13 am

US/Canada only
Old Sep 30, 2016, 6:58 am

Almost missed this one. Thank you for posting.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 6:45 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by shadowline
US/Canada only
For renters from those countries only, however the rental itself can take part in any of (from the FAQ):

United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas USVI, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Ireland, Italy, Spain, Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 1:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Careful, this may be targeted.

My husband got the offer for a free weekend day but after 2 rentals, not 1. Also it says "Offer is available to select Gold Plus Rewards members only..."

Just a heads up in case Hertz allows folks to sign up but then denies the bonus points to those who didn't get the promo email.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
Careful, this may be targeted.

My husband got the offer for a free weekend day but after 2 rentals, not 1. Also it says "Offer is available to select Gold Plus Rewards members only..."

Just a heads up in case Hertz allows folks to sign up but then denies the bonus points to those who didn't get the promo email.
I registered for the offer posted in this thread.

Then I got an email and "my" fall promo was two rentals for 550 points. Tried to register for that and the site told me

"The member number you entered is already registered."
Old Oct 3, 2016, 11:04 pm

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
T&Cs seem to require that the two rentals are $25 minimum. Any idea if that is for the total rate including taxes? Or does the base rate have to be above $25? What about add-ons (LDW, etc.)?
Old Oct 4, 2016, 12:22 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Antipode
T&Cs seem to require that the two rentals are $25 minimum. Any idea if that is for the total rate including taxes? Or does the base rate have to be above $25? What about add-ons (LDW, etc.)?
One rental not two. Never includes taxes. It doesn't say base rate, it says paid rental of at least $25. That would include anything, other than taxes and fees, that adds up to $25 or more PAID (Rental).
Old Oct 4, 2016, 2:22 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by CalItalian
One rental not two..
Different people are getting different offers.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 12:35 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Registered. Wonder if my rental that is 1/2 points and 1/2 pay will qualify in SFO today.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 8:09 pm

Looks like there is also a 550 point bonus for taking out LDW.

Correct me if I am wrong here:

Rent the smallest car they have that is $25 for a weekend day. Add LDW ($11 for a Chevy Spark)

Looks like my out the door total is $40.80

Get 550 fall promo 550 ldw and 25 normal points. 1125 points total.

Pay w/ my Amex and get the 5% hertz open discount bringing the total to 38.76.

In other words I'll get 1125 Herts points and 41 AMEX MR Points for 39 bucks. That puts the Hertz points at about 3 1/2 cents apiece. I value them at 5 cents (which I think is pretty conservative I just don't do one ways etc where the value can be much higher)

Please feel free to poke any holes in this in case I've missed something.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by harleyn
Looks like there is also a 550 point bonus for taking out LDW.

Correct me if I am wrong here:

Rent the smallest car they have that is $25 for a weekend day. Add LDW ($11 for a Chevy Spark)
Sounds like this one might be targeted. As for your plan, LDW varies by state, so whilst it might be $11 for you, it won't be for many others.

But for yourself, what you've suggested will work - as long as you don't have any other Hertz rentals planned for the promotion period. If you do, you can't count the first 550 points as you'll only get them once.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 10:03 am

I haven't received this offer but I would definitely get the LDW ($ 9 in NY unless the car is more than $30K) just for the points. I do one-ways often and always get more than 10 cents per point.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 7:46 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Talking [PROMO] Get a Free Weekend Day after Just Two Rentals

Hertz has a new promo out: register here https://www.hertzfallrewards.com/M2R

"Register now to earn a Free Weekend Day with Hertz Gold Plus Rewards®. Make just two qualifying rentals before 11/13/16, and select Gold Plus Rewards points on each reservation to earn:
550 Gold Plus Rewards bonus points—enough for a Free Weekend Day!
Remember to select Gold Plus Rewards points.
To earn and redeem your points, you must be a member of Hertz Gold Plus Rewards. If you’re not yet a member, sign up for free today at hertz.com (hertz.ca for Canada residents), and then return here to register for this promotion. Note: new members will need to wait 48 hours for enrollment to be processed before registering for the promotion."

T&C's:
Terms and Conditions
Offer is available to select Gold Plus Rewards members only, residing in the U.S. or Canada. Member must select to receive Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® points on each reservation to earn 550 Hertz Gold Plus Rewards bonus points. FREE DAY INCLUDES BASE RATES ONLY; ADDITIONAL TAXES AND FEES MAY APPLY. Registration is required at HertzFallRewards.com to participate in the rental promotion and track your rentals. Only rentals made after the date of registration will qualify for the promotion.
Valid on two qualifying, full-day, paid rentals of at least $25 picked up by November 13, 2016, at participating Hertz locations. Bonus points will not be awarded on rentals accruing other frequent travel program points. It may take up to four weeks from the end of the promotion period before bonus points will be added to a member's account. Standard rental qualifications and return restrictions apply. Advance reservations required. Modifying your reservation may result in a change in your rate and/or invalidate this offer. This offer has no cash value and cannot be used with Pre-Pay Rates, Tour Rates, Insurance Replacement Rates or any other promotion other than your CDP number. The minimum age for this offer is 21 and age differential charges may apply. All Hertz Gold Plus Rewards rules apply. Go to hertz.com for Gold Plus Rewards Program Terms and Conditions.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 8:12 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

This promotion — and variations of it — has been in effect for at least a month.

Thank you for posting about it for those FlyerTalk members who were unaware of it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.