Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Questions/Discussion About Hertz Ultimate Choice Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 29, 2017, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Questions regarding specific locations (eg, "I am Renting From XXX; What Might I Get?") may be moved to specific/dedicated threads for that location. All major airport codes may be searched using FlyerTalk's search engine; otherwise, words in " " quotation marks will bypass the character limit filter.

Overview of Service and List of Existing and Future Airport Locations: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/produ...ate_choice.jsp

Am I Eligible? Is My Vehicle Eligible?

Q. Who can use Ultimate Choice?
Any member of the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program is eligible to use Ultimate Choice. The areas you can select from depend on your status in the program (President's Circle, Five Star, or Gold).

Q. What is the minimum booking class to be eligible to freely select cars from Ultimate Choice?
A. You can book anything other than an Economy (A), Compact (B), or Manager's Special (EXAR) vehicle, and be eligible for Ultimate Choice.

Q. What if I book a lower class such as Economy or Compact or Manager's Special?
A. You will be assigned a car from that class (or higher, as a complimentary upgrade) in a marked space.

Q. What happens if I book a Economy or Compact but pick a higher-class car from Ultimate Choice?
A. You will likely be asked to pay the midsize rental rate by the gate agent.

Q. What if I book a Fullsize car but find a lower class car in Ultimate Choice that I like better?
A. You may chose to take it, but you will pay the originally-booked Fullsize rate.

Q. What if I book a Adrenaline/Electric/Hybrid/Luxury/Prestige car or a Minivan/Truck/SUV?
A. You will be assigned a car from that class in a marked space. You can either accept it or chose a car from Ultimate Choice.

Q. Can I use Ultimate Choice for one-way rentals?
A. Yes.

Q. Can I use Ultimate Choice for award rentals?
A. Yes, provided the reservation is for a mid-size car or higher.

Print Wikipost

Questions/Discussion About Hertz Ultimate Choice Service

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by carzaddict
o.0 this i didnt know. I will look into it.

I dont like the way the points system works. there's a risk of accidentally spending more points than you need to, and it wont tell you
I haven’t used my points what’s the best way to do so for a one day rental? Are you still subject to the high airport taxes and fees when using points?
Old Apr 27, 2019, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine

I haven’t used my points what’s the best way to do so for a one day rental? Are you still subject to the high airport taxes and fees when using points?
One day rentals are usually 550 points on a weekend and 650 on a weekday. And yes, you still have to pay taxes and fees.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 4:02 pm

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Long time on FT, but relatively new to Hertz. After some unpleasant experiences with National recently, decided to give Hertz a try.

Question about the UC program, if I rent an UC-eligible vehicle at a non-UC location will I be able to swap it at an UC location with the benefit of choosing something different from PC? Is there any official policy on this or it varies by location? (LGA is the location where I will rent mostly). Sorry if this has been discussed before, I've been trying looking for an answer in a couple of threads here with no results.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 4:38 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by GreeNYC
Long time on FT, but relatively new to Hertz. After some unpleasant experiences with National recently, decided to give Hertz a try.

Question about the UC program, if I rent an UC-eligible vehicle at a non-UC location will I be able to swap it at an UC location with the benefit of choosing something different from PC? Is there any official policy on this or it varies by location? (LGA is the location where I will rent mostly). Sorry if this has been discussed before, I've been trying looking for an answer in a couple of threads here with no results.
LGA is a UC location. If you're talking about renting at an HLE (Hertz Local Edition, e.g. a non-airport location) and then bringing the vehicle to LGA to swap for something from UC, that's probably not going to work. The experiences cited here are somewhat varied, but the most common experience has been people only getting what they brought in (i.e. bring in a fullsize, get a fullsize, rather than your pick), and swaps only being allowed for people who say there's something wrong with the car they've gotten. If you want UC, you're better off just renting directly from LGA.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 5:28 pm

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Thanks, that answers my question.

One more question, I see on the map of the Hertz lot at LGA a designation for "Ultimate Series" & "Premium Upgrades", I understand that these are for paid upgrades, but what is the difference between the two?
Old Apr 30, 2019, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by GreeNYC
Thanks, that answers my question.

One more question, I see on the map of the Hertz lot at LGA a designation for "Ultimate Series" & "Premium Upgrades", I understand that these are for paid upgrades, but what is the difference between the two?
In theory they are different tiers of upgrades. Premium Upgrades are along the lines of Prestige Collection vehicles (Cadillac/Infiniti/Jeep, etc) while Ultimate Series would be more along the lines of Dream Cars (Porsche/Tesla/AMG). In reality, local management puts whatever they think people will pay extra for in those sections.
Old May 1, 2019, 12:35 am

Hi, finally I'm going to Lax on Sunday and I would like you to clarify the last doubts.
I am Five star and I have booked a car in the Prestige Z4 category with my Amex Platinum. If I'm not mistaken, I can take the selected vehicle or choose Gold or Five star, but on PC I can not. it is right?
When booking with Amex Platinum do I have the right to update as advertised?
And on Sunday afternoons, do you think there are many cars or is it a bad time to rent?
Any experience in this category other than the QX60?
thanks for everything and I hope to put pictures of what i find
Old May 9, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: DL: DM UA: 1K
Hertz Gold Canopy Service for PC

I have President's Circle. I normally book Intermediate Car, and see my name on the screen and pick up any car in PC section. What will happen if I book Economy, Compact or Standard Car? Am I still able to pick up the car from PC section?

I sometimes see Ultimate Choice. As PC, am I able to choose the car from Ultimate Choice section without any additional cost?

* I'm talking only about the case in the United States.
Old May 9, 2019, 3:15 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by kazuyuki330
I have President's Circle. I normally book Intermediate Car, and see my name on the screen and pick up any car in PC section. What will happen if I book Economy, Compact or Standard Car? Am I still able to pick up the car from PC section?

I sometimes see Ultimate Choice. As PC, am I able to choose the car from Ultimate Choice section without any additional cost?

You will be assigned a car from the category you reserved. This also happens if you reserve a higher category (SUV, Ultimate, etc)
Old May 9, 2019, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by SDQBound
You will be assigned a car from the category you reserved. This also happens if you reserve a higher category (SUV, Ultimate, etc)
But if you reserve a higher category you are still allowed to pick from the PC area. If you book a Compact or Economy you cannot (Standard is above Intermediate, so that's fine).
Old May 10, 2019, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by Yllanes
But if you reserve a higher category you are still allowed to pick from the PC area. If you book a Compact or Economy you cannot (Standard is above Intermediate, so that's fine).
Thank you for your advice. I didn't know that Standard is above Intermediate. I always would like to select the car from PC area, so I will avoid Compact and Economy.
To select ultimate choice, do I need to book ultimate choice? As PC, any chance to get those cars at the cost of Intermediate or Standard?
Old May 10, 2019, 10:18 am

Ultimate Choice is just the name of the whole system of picking your own car, it's not a section.

In some locations there is a section called Ultimate Series, which are cars with variable upgrade prices. For those you have to ask.

Then there is the Premium Upgrades section. As a PC, you can pick any car in that section for $ 25 a day extra.
Old May 10, 2019, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by Yllanes
Ultimate Choice is just the name of the whole system of picking your own car, it's not a section.

In some locations there is a section called Ultimate Series, which are cars with variable upgrade prices. For those you have to ask.

Then there is the Premium Upgrades section. As a PC, you can pick any car in that section for $ 25 a day extra.
Thank you for you advice!
Old May 11, 2019, 3:47 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by kazuyuki330

As this question pertains to the Ultimate Choice service and what car one would get, I merged it to the master thread about Ultimate Choice

Thanks
Jason8612 Hertz Mod
FlyinHawaiian likes this.
Old May 20, 2019, 3:49 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Gold [*AG], Finnair Gold [OWS] HHonors Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle
I've recently reached the PC tier, however my experience of renting at an Ultimate Choice locations are next to none.
For my upcoming MCO rental I have a L4 (FRAR) 7 Passenger Standard SUV booked . Whit Ultimate Choice option, can I just stroll up to the PC section and choose any available SUV or car at my own leisure without any extra charges instead of going to my assigned parking spot for my L4, FRAR vehicle?
How to I deal with the paperwork in this case?

Any give day, could I expect to find anything better than my already booked L4, FRAR in the PC section of Ultimate Choice, I need a 7 seater?

EK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.