Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Questions/Discussion About Hertz Ultimate Choice Service

Old Mar 29, 2017, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Questions regarding specific locations (eg, "I am Renting From XXX; What Might I Get?") may be moved to specific/dedicated threads for that location. All major airport codes may be searched using FlyerTalk's search engine; otherwise, words in " " quotation marks will bypass the character limit filter.

Overview of Service and List of Existing and Future Airport Locations: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/produ...ate_choice.jsp

Am I Eligible? Is My Vehicle Eligible?

Q. Who can use Ultimate Choice?
Any member of the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program is eligible to use Ultimate Choice. The areas you can select from depend on your status in the program (President's Circle, Five Star, or Gold).

Q. What is the minimum booking class to be eligible to freely select cars from Ultimate Choice?
A. You can book anything other than an Economy (A), Compact (B), or Manager's Special (EXAR) vehicle, and be eligible for Ultimate Choice.

Q. What if I book a lower class such as Economy or Compact or Manager's Special?
A. You will be assigned a car from that class (or higher, as a complimentary upgrade) in a marked space.

Q. What happens if I book a Economy or Compact but pick a higher-class car from Ultimate Choice?
A. You will likely be asked to pay the midsize rental rate by the gate agent.

Q. What if I book a Fullsize car but find a lower class car in Ultimate Choice that I like better?
A. You may chose to take it, but you will pay the originally-booked Fullsize rate.

Q. What if I book a Adrenaline/Electric/Hybrid/Luxury/Prestige car or a Minivan/Truck/SUV?
A. You will be assigned a car from that class in a marked space. You can either accept it or chose a car from Ultimate Choice.

Q. Can I use Ultimate Choice for one-way rentals?
A. Yes.

Q. Can I use Ultimate Choice for award rentals?
A. Yes, provided the reservation is for a mid-size car or higher.

Print Wikipost

Questions/Discussion About Hertz Ultimate Choice Service

Old Feb 25, 2017, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, National EE
Originally Posted by Cymro
Does anyone know if Houston will be on Ultimate Choice by Easter (April 14th?)

Currently have a midsize reservation there (fullsize was $25/day more); unfortunately I get caught by the redirect when trying to view the UC site on hertz.com as I am outside the US.
It does not appear so. Per the e-mail I received; CLE, DFW, LAX, MSP, BNA, EWR, LGA, PHL, SJC and DCA are due to receive UC this spring. IAH should roll out later in 2017.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 1:51 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Thanks. Slightly disappointing but Gold Choice has worked well for me there in the past compared to some other locations.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by CalItalian
You need to book a midsize or higher if you're planning on using the President's Circle area.
Ah same as Gold Choice. I missed that. Made the change! $1 more hahahha
Old Mar 3, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
I ordered a GLC300 but not before test driving the CLA250 and GLA250. Quite a difference between the two for a $6K price difference. A huge gap.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 9:30 pm

I'm a PC member, but just booked a NYOP reservation through Priceline that Hertz picked up. (was approx. 1/3 the cost of booking Hertz directly). Based on my trials on the Hertz website and searches of previous threads on FT, I can't add my Gold Plus number to the reservation or use the Gold desk to check in.

Anyone know what would happen if I tried to pick a car from the PC ultimate choice area, if I had my PC card in hand and booked midsize or bigger? Is that benefit also blocked for these kind of reservations? And what would happen if I wanted to upgrade -- would it be $35/day or $25/day?

Last edited by prometa; Mar 4, 2017 at 9:40 pm
Old Mar 5, 2017, 12:10 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
You shouldn't get any benefits. YMMV.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 2:41 am

Programs: AirNZ *G, HHonors, Hertz Gold, OmniHotels Black card
Is the LAX area working with Ultimate choice yet? Keen to know what is in Gold Plus Area for example.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 5:17 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by runtothehills
Is the LAX area working with Ultimate choice yet? Keen to know what is in Gold Plus Area for example.
I was there yesterday and it was not.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 11:18 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by runtothehills
I was told they're behind because of all the rainfall over the winter we had up until a week ago or so.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 6:09 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
I'm liking Ultimate Choice. A lot.

Was able to get some neat cars a few times.

However, this time I just noticed that my contract (as opposed to my reservation) has an added "NeverLost GPS" charge on it. I guess if you pick a car with a GPS they will charge you for it.
Oh well...
Old Mar 11, 2017, 7:52 pm

A couple more observations - the system will probably only work at locations where they keep the keys in the car and you have to do a final checkout at a booth. So it won't come to locations that don't have it unless they redo the location.

Also, the booth had a list of Upgrade vehicles, probably to prevent people claiming they found a Mercedes in the gold section.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 12:54 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National EE, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I have Hertz PC. Does that mean that i can reserve a full-size and be able to choose from a special PC area? (In JFK)
Old Mar 19, 2017, 1:55 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Yes, but JFK doesn't have an Ultimate Choice area yet. You actually can rent a mid-size if is cheaper and take any care in the PC area.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 1:53 pm

Does anyone know if you can use Ultimate Choice on a one-way rental? I don't see anything in their terms about it.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by m907
Does anyone know if you can use Ultimate Choice on a one-way rental? I don't see anything in their terms about it.
I used it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.