Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Questions/Discussion About Hertz Ultimate Choice Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 29, 2017, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Questions regarding specific locations (eg, "I am Renting From XXX; What Might I Get?") may be moved to specific/dedicated threads for that location. All major airport codes may be searched using FlyerTalk's search engine; otherwise, words in " " quotation marks will bypass the character limit filter.

Overview of Service and List of Existing and Future Airport Locations: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/produ...ate_choice.jsp

Am I Eligible? Is My Vehicle Eligible?

Q. Who can use Ultimate Choice?
Any member of the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program is eligible to use Ultimate Choice. The areas you can select from depend on your status in the program (President's Circle, Five Star, or Gold).

Q. What is the minimum booking class to be eligible to freely select cars from Ultimate Choice?
A. You can book anything other than an Economy (A), Compact (B), or Manager's Special (EXAR) vehicle, and be eligible for Ultimate Choice.

Q. What if I book a lower class such as Economy or Compact or Manager's Special?
A. You will be assigned a car from that class (or higher, as a complimentary upgrade) in a marked space.

Q. What happens if I book a Economy or Compact but pick a higher-class car from Ultimate Choice?
A. You will likely be asked to pay the midsize rental rate by the gate agent.

Q. What if I book a Fullsize car but find a lower class car in Ultimate Choice that I like better?
A. You may chose to take it, but you will pay the originally-booked Fullsize rate.

Q. What if I book a Adrenaline/Electric/Hybrid/Luxury/Prestige car or a Minivan/Truck/SUV?
A. You will be assigned a car from that class in a marked space. You can either accept it or chose a car from Ultimate Choice.

Q. Can I use Ultimate Choice for one-way rentals?
A. Yes.

Q. Can I use Ultimate Choice for award rentals?
A. Yes, provided the reservation is for a mid-size car or higher.

Print Wikipost

Questions/Discussion About Hertz Ultimate Choice Service

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2017, 3:59 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Still not sure how exactly this works. Seems can take from choice but if you are PC you can grab anything except premium/luxury(fee applies)?
Old Feb 19, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
So if you are PC you could take the Jag or Infiniti for what you booked?
Old Feb 19, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: AC, UA, HH, MR, and the other usual suspects
This is how it worked at SFO with SXM

Got to the Rental Car Centre just after midnight after a flight arrived 2 1/2 hours late (had updated my reservation for the late arrival)) Name was on the board, directed to Gold section. Reserved D class with SXM.

Told to look for a hang tag indicating that the car had SXM. Had to wander up and down the Gold aisles full of C class cars, none of which had an SXM tag. One of the employees helped me look - he didn't find anything either.

Went back to the Gold customer service desk. They hunted around on the computer to find a car with SXM - "upgraded" to a Hyundai Sonata or a Malibu.

Took the 2016 22,000 mile Malibu.

So, SXM may be an issue.

Originally Posted by mozilla
How does Hertz Ultimate Choice work with SXM?

I always select SiriusXM when I reserve a car. How can I make sure that I select a car with SiriusXM under Hertz Ultimate Choice, apart from opening every desired car and checking if it has SXM or not (which may be hard/impossible to judge due to lack of SXM reception in the garages)?

What happens if I selected SXM in my reservation and picked a car without SXM? Will I still be charged the fee?

What about the reverse situation? You didn't reserve SXM but you pick (unknowingly or not) an Ultimate Choice car which has SXM. Will the SXM fee be tacked on to your rental record?
Old Feb 19, 2017, 12:46 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
So if you are PC you could take the Jag or Infiniti for what you booked?
Yes, if you are PC you can take anything from the PC area regardless of whether you are assigned a vehicle up-front or not.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 9:00 am

Programs: VFC, BAEC, ETIHAD, IHG,
Im about to book for a Boston rental in July for 3 weeks. I have Amex Gold/Hertz Gold (sadly not 5* or PC). Apparently Amex Gold gets a one class upgrade. We are a family of 4. Do I book an intermediate/Standard or Full Size ?? ...decisions decisions ! Do I get to choose from the Gold aisle along with the aisle I have booked ?? Thank you for any tips
Old Feb 20, 2017, 9:41 am

You only get the upgrade if you use the Amex CDP. With Ultimate Choice though it doesn't really matter. Just book a midsize (intermediate) at the best deal you can get and you can choose from the UC area.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 9:46 am

Programs: VFC, BAEC, ETIHAD, IHG,
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Just book a midsize (intermediate) at the best deal you can get and you can choose from the UC area.
Thank you! That's what I thought but I wasn't sure if I was understanding it correctly.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:46 pm

I'm a President's Circle member with an upcoming Prestige booking at LAX. The exact car description/class is: Infiniti QX60 / Land Rover Discovery Sport (Group Z4) RGDR

Upon arrival, am I able to freely choose any available Prestige car from the lot? There are a number of others I might be interested in:
- (G6) Mercedes SLK250 Convertible (Group G6) JTAR
- (S6) Mercedes GL450 (Group S6) LFDR
- Standard Elite, 2-4 Door, Automatic, Air (Group P4) RCAR

For note, when I called the location, they hadn't heard of the $35 or $25/day upgrade offer and merely said that I should speak to the 'upgrade desk' on the day.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by lewis_saint
I'm a President's Circle member with an upcoming Prestige booking at LAX. The exact car description/class is: Infiniti QX60 / Land Rover Discovery Sport (Group Z4) RGDR

Upon arrival, am I able to freely choose any available Prestige car from the lot? There are a number of others I might be interested in:

For note, when I called the location, they hadn't heard of the $35 or $25/day upgrade offer and merely said that I should speak to the 'upgrade desk' on the day.
No, Prestige class vehicles are not within the scope of the Ultimate Choice program. Let me take a moment to clarify though before folks start flaming me...

If you book a Prestige vehicle, you are guaranteed something from the class you booked. Assuming you are a Hertz Gold member, when you arrive at Hertz, you will be assigned a vehicle in a specific stall number. If you are President's Circle, you will have the option to choose anything from the Ultimate Choice PC area instead of your assigned vehicle, which may or may not include other Prestige class vehicles. What you cannot do however is just browse Prestige class vehicles not in the Ultimate Choice area and assume you can do a no-charge swap. That is something that is at the discretion of the local staff.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 6:40 pm

Thanks for the quick reply!
Old Feb 23, 2017, 6:43 pm

How is that different from the hitherto situation? So far, when I booked at least C at many US airport stations, I could either pick the car assigned to me, or any other vehicle from a certain part of the Gold area.

This sounds like the same thing with a new name. What am I missing?

Last edited by sokolov; Feb 24, 2017 at 8:57 am
Old Feb 23, 2017, 6:47 pm

It is confusing. For note, I was looking at the 'Prestige Series' lot in the following PDF: http://images.hertz.com/pdfs/09_2016_UltimateChoice.pdf

I was also reading their verbiage: "You can upgrade to a Prestige Series class vehicle for a small fee when you book a midsize or higher vehicle." - Unclear if you already have a Prestige car though...
Old Feb 24, 2017, 1:27 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by lewis_saint

LAX does not have Ultimate Choice yet.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by CalItalian
LAX does not have Ultimate Choice yet.
Coming this spring apparently.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 1:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Does anyone know if Houston will be on Ultimate Choice by Easter (April 14th?)

Currently have a midsize reservation there (fullsize was $25/day more); unfortunately I get caught by the redirect when trying to view the UC site on hertz.com as I am outside the US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.