Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Questions/Discussion About Hertz Ultimate Choice Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 29, 2017, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Questions regarding specific locations (eg, "I am Renting From XXX; What Might I Get?") may be moved to specific/dedicated threads for that location. All major airport codes may be searched using FlyerTalk's search engine; otherwise, words in " " quotation marks will bypass the character limit filter.

Overview of Service and List of Existing and Future Airport Locations: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/produ...ate_choice.jsp

Am I Eligible? Is My Vehicle Eligible?

Q. Who can use Ultimate Choice?
Any member of the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program is eligible to use Ultimate Choice. The areas you can select from depend on your status in the program (President's Circle, Five Star, or Gold).

Q. What is the minimum booking class to be eligible to freely select cars from Ultimate Choice?
A. You can book anything other than an Economy (A), Compact (B), or Manager's Special (EXAR) vehicle, and be eligible for Ultimate Choice.

Q. What if I book a lower class such as Economy or Compact or Manager's Special?
A. You will be assigned a car from that class (or higher, as a complimentary upgrade) in a marked space.

Q. What happens if I book a Economy or Compact but pick a higher-class car from Ultimate Choice?
A. You will likely be asked to pay the midsize rental rate by the gate agent.

Q. What if I book a Fullsize car but find a lower class car in Ultimate Choice that I like better?
A. You may chose to take it, but you will pay the originally-booked Fullsize rate.

Q. What if I book a Adrenaline/Electric/Hybrid/Luxury/Prestige car or a Minivan/Truck/SUV?
A. You will be assigned a car from that class in a marked space. You can either accept it or chose a car from Ultimate Choice.

Q. Can I use Ultimate Choice for one-way rentals?
A. Yes.

Q. Can I use Ultimate Choice for award rentals?
A. Yes, provided the reservation is for a mid-size car or higher.

Print Wikipost

Questions/Discussion About Hertz Ultimate Choice Service

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2022, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by GoToGate
Hello, thank you .. I didn't know that.

So what are my other options then (if I don't like the 5* selection) ?

Stick with my initial reservation or use the Premium Upgrades Area?
Correct.
Auto Enthusiast and levilevi like this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by m907
Correct.
Thanks for the input.
I heard that there is also 'Gold Choice' ?
Old Jun 15, 2022, 8:03 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Thanks for the input.
I heard that there is also 'Gold Choice' ?
Gold Choice has been replaced by Ultimate Choice. There is no more Gold Choice.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 2:30 am

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Gold Choice has been replaced by Ultimate Choice. There is no more Gold Choice.
OK, thank you ...

What is the Gold Lot for then? (The aisle with the 'Gold' sign)
It seems to me that there is also an UC for Gold members.
So as a 5* I could grab a car there too if I'd find something I like?
Old Jun 16, 2022, 8:24 am

OK, thank you ...

What is the Gold Lot for then? (The aisle with the 'Gold' sign)
It seems to me that there is also an UC for Gold members.
So as a 5* I could grab a car there too if I'd find something I like?
Base Gold members choose from the Gold section, 5* members choose from 5*, and PC members choose from PC. If you are a 5* member and want to choose from the Gold section, have at it.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 10:11 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Base Gold members choose from the Gold section, 5* members choose from 5*, and PC members choose from PC. If you are a 5* member and want to choose from the Gold section, have at it.
Don't laugh, I’m PC and have snagged a nice car or two from Five Star in the past. It’s always good to look at one tier down, if you’re unhappy with the selection in your classification
Old Jun 17, 2022, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Don't laugh, I’m PC and have snagged a nice car or two from Five Star in the past. It’s always good to look at one tier down, if you’re unhappy with the selection in your classification
Yes, that was my idea as well. I once found a very nice Doge Charger in the 5* aisle ...
It was the V6 but great fun to drive ... low mileage too

Thank you for the clarification.
I never quite understood what happened after Hertz watered down Gold by introducing 5*
Actually 5* sounds like a lower tier compared to Gold I find.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jun 17, 2022 at 10:08 am Reason: consecutive posts merged
Old Jul 7, 2022, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle
As a PC, is there any benefit in booking a fullsize over a midsize? Is it correct that only cars above fullsize will be reserved in its own spot?
Old Jul 7, 2022, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by chemengin
As a PC, is there any benefit in booking a fullsize over a midsize? Is it correct that only cars above fullsize will be reserved in its own spot?
Other users already answered this question in another thread that posted by you. No benefits in most situations.

​​​​​​For Gold/non-members, booking an F over C is useful as it gives you access to aisle 1 (although not available in most airports now, aisle 1 and 2 became reserved spots), so you'd have more and hopefully better selections.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 4:59 pm

BGR PC Isle?

Does anyone know or have experiences if the BGR (Bangor airport) has PC isle and what selection they have?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 14, 2022 at 10:31 am Reason: moved into more topical thread
Old Jul 14, 2022, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by himurakent
Does anyone know or have experiences if the BGR (Bangor airport) has PC isle and what selection they have?
There is a list of UC airports on Hertz's website. They are all medium/large airports.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by m907
There is a list of UC airports on Hertz's website. They are all medium/large airports.
Thank you. It seems BGR doesn't have it.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA PPro
So I have President's Circle status from my personal Venture X card and recently booked a rental car (C class for ultimate choice) for a work trip with the AMEX Platinum discount code for the lower price and 4 hour grace period, but I am using my employer's card to pay for it. Because of this it says "gold service not confirmed" on my booking. So do I just proceed to Presidents circle zone and go, or do I have to go to the counter now and will they let me choose from the correct zone?
Auto Enthusiast and trs7498 like this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 6:43 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by HiAperture
So I have President's Circle status from my personal Venture X card and recently booked a rental car (C class for ultimate choice) for a work trip with the AMEX Platinum discount code for the lower price and 4 hour grace period, but I am using my employer's card to pay for it. Because of this it says "gold service not confirmed" on my booking. So do I just proceed to Presidents circle zone and go, or do I have to go to the counter now and will they let me choose from the correct zone?
IME, That will show up any time you use the CC not stored in your profile. When you get to the airport (or if you get an advanced carfirmation text/email) check the board -- if it lists the zone proceed as normal. If you aren't listed or are listed with something odd (like ----) see the booth and it depends a bit on the agent. For this reason I rarely rent on my personal CC, instead reimbursing the company for my handful of personal rentals a year that wind up on my corporate card that's stored in the profile. I think I'm about 50/50 on those rentals where I have changed the CC# of it just showing the zone or seeing the booth. I suspect it may depend on if they have time to try to authorize the card before the rental or not, e.g. if they are able to preauth the card then happy sailing, if not for any of a plethora of reasons like an AVI mismatch then they want to swipe the actual card.
Ordpc and HiAperture like this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by HiAperture
You can just proceed to the PC zone and head for the exit. The exit booth agent should be able to get things sorted out there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.