Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Questions/Discussion About Hertz Ultimate Choice Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 29, 2017, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Questions regarding specific locations (eg, "I am Renting From XXX; What Might I Get?") may be moved to specific/dedicated threads for that location. All major airport codes may be searched using FlyerTalk's search engine; otherwise, words in " " quotation marks will bypass the character limit filter.

Overview of Service and List of Existing and Future Airport Locations: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/produ...ate_choice.jsp

Am I Eligible? Is My Vehicle Eligible?

Q. Who can use Ultimate Choice?
Any member of the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program is eligible to use Ultimate Choice. The areas you can select from depend on your status in the program (President's Circle, Five Star, or Gold).

Q. What is the minimum booking class to be eligible to freely select cars from Ultimate Choice?
A. You can book anything other than an Economy (A), Compact (B), or Manager's Special (EXAR) vehicle, and be eligible for Ultimate Choice.

Q. What if I book a lower class such as Economy or Compact or Manager's Special?
A. You will be assigned a car from that class (or higher, as a complimentary upgrade) in a marked space.

Q. What happens if I book a Economy or Compact but pick a higher-class car from Ultimate Choice?
A. You will likely be asked to pay the midsize rental rate by the gate agent.

Q. What if I book a Fullsize car but find a lower class car in Ultimate Choice that I like better?
A. You may chose to take it, but you will pay the originally-booked Fullsize rate.

Q. What if I book a Adrenaline/Electric/Hybrid/Luxury/Prestige car or a Minivan/Truck/SUV?
A. You will be assigned a car from that class in a marked space. You can either accept it or chose a car from Ultimate Choice.

Q. Can I use Ultimate Choice for one-way rentals?
A. Yes.

Q. Can I use Ultimate Choice for award rentals?
A. Yes, provided the reservation is for a mid-size car or higher.

Print Wikipost

Questions/Discussion About Hertz Ultimate Choice Service

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2018, 3:57 pm

Programs: Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Trappy
TPA not listed there?
Hi Trappy, you are experiencing one of the wonders of Hertz's website. The same website link produces different results whether you are in the UK or the USA. To see what our friends across the pond see, try using the Google cached link here: https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&ct=clnk&gl=uk

I've taken screenshots of them. The first is what we see in the UK and the second is the Google cached one so presumably the USA version. Both are from the same URL!

Old Sep 10, 2018, 2:40 am

Programs: United 1K 2 Million Miles, BA Silver, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Hamish thank you for your concise and appreciated reply :-)
Old Oct 2, 2018, 9:23 am

Ultimate series upgrade?

I am a Hertz PC member. At LAX, I noticed there was an aisle called Ultimate Series (not premium upgrades). Does that mean they are specifically reserved for people that got those cars or can I upgrade to them for $25 also? I was confused. The person at hte counter says it starts at $75. I didn't want to take that risk and I ended up with a car in their premium upgrades slot. They ended up not charging me, probably because that Infiniti was pretty crappy.

BTW, the PC aisle had nothing but crappy full size cars on Saturday night. No SUV, convertible or anything remotely cool. They did have a Q60 coupe that smell like a weed plant. It was sad
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Discussed ad infinitum here Questions/Discussion About Hertz Ultimate Choice Service
Old Oct 3, 2018, 2:01 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by mattack4000
I am a Hertz PC member. At LAX, I noticed there was an aisle called Ultimate Series (not premium upgrades). Does that mean they are specifically reserved for people that got those cars or can I upgrade to them for $25 also? I was confused. The person at hte counter says it starts at $75. I didn't want to take that risk and I ended up with a car in their premium upgrades slot. They ended up not charging me, probably because that Infiniti was pretty crappy.

BTW, the PC aisle had nothing but crappy full size cars on Saturday night. No SUV, convertible or anything remotely cool. They did have a Q60 coupe that smell like a weed plant. It was sad
I merged the thread to the question/discussions Ultimate Choice thread

Thanks
Jason8612 Hertz mod
Old Oct 3, 2018, 2:12 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by mattack4000

You can also ask staff wandering around for a quote on any vehicle - they can look it up and give you an exact price if applicable instead of going to the counter.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 2:29 am

I was at LAX, finding a helpful staff is like finding a white rhino
Old Oct 12, 2018, 6:25 am
Suspended

Programs: DeltaPrivateJet, Ritz PP, Delta 4 million miler - Flying Colonel; AA Exec Plat (3 million + USAir)
So as a hertz platinum, they have your car waiting for you at the gate and it is usually a 2 car upgrade. But I have nerver driven around to the presiddents cirslce and switched. Anybody?
Old Oct 12, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by BeatCal
So as a hertz platinum, they have your car waiting for you at the gate and it is usually a 2 car upgrade. But I have nerver driven around to the presiddents cirslce and switched. Anybody?
If you're a Platinum, why not just call ahead and request what you want? I imagine you certainly could choose something else from PC, but I can't imagine there's anything that they would put in the PC aisle that they wouldn't be willing to put aside for you...
Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
PSP UC section?

Does anybody know if PSP has a UC section or any P.C. benefits?? Thanks.

Old Nov 21, 2018, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by jimdarcy
Does anybody know if PSP has a UC section or any P.C. benefits?? Thanks.

No UC, default PC benefits.

https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/productservice/index.jsp?targetPage=hertz_ultimate_choice.jsp
Old Nov 21, 2018, 6:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by m907
No UC, default PC benefits.

https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/productservice/index.jsp?targetPage=hertz_ultimate_choice.jsp

thanks
Old Dec 1, 2018, 4:49 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Does a Standard or Full Size allow me to select from President's Circle

I've been presidents circle for a while, but never really paid attention. I usually select Luxury but noticed I usually end up getting tossed back into the PC area.

If I select a standard level, will it also put me into the presidents circle area?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Dec 1, 2018 at 5:34 am Reason: moved into consolidated thread where the answer to this question is found
Old Dec 1, 2018, 5:04 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

With a Luxury (LCAR) selected, you should be assigned a vehicle with the option to pick from the PC area. If the location is not assigning you a luxury car in a specific space, they are not following the guidelines for the Ultimate Choice program. The reason is that while Ultimate Choice can often have a great selection, there is nothing that guarantees there will be a Premium or Luxury car there when you arrive. If you book an ICAR-FCAR you should be sent to Ultimate Choice (and Presidents Circle section if you have status) to choose.

If you book anything other than that (or an ECAR/CCAR which has their own sections) then you should be assigned a vehicle in a specific space. If this is not happening you should:

a. Complain to the location

and/or

b. Stop booking LCARs and just book ICARs since you can choose from UC anyway (although not from the PC section unless you have PC status)
Old Dec 6, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K | MR Platinum
Huh. SFAR was cheaper than booking an ICAR at a UC location. That makes no sense to me. Now I can take my SUV or just grab something from the PC aisle if I don't like it.
AutoSlash likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.