Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz - Private Flights Only Locations

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2016, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Hertz - Private Flights Only Locations

I was looking to rent from Hertz and the only nearby open location on the holiday is a "Private Flights Only" location. Has anyone had success (or lack of) renting from one of these if you are actually arriving by land? They state you must be arriving via a private flight but not sure if it's possible to get around this.

For what it's worth i'd be renting from the New Castle, DE location.

Thanks!!!
Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:12 am
Company Representative, CashSwap

Programs: Hertz, Avis, Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, United, JetBlue
You probably aren't going to be successful as you will need to provide a flight number in order to do the booking. Sometimes, the airports won't even let you on the premises without a flight number from a plane on the log for that day.

Can you pick it up earlier when another location is open? In some cases your overall total will actually go down if you end up with a weekly rate. Not a guarantee but I figured I'd mention it.

Mike McDowell
Hertz
Old Aug 30, 2016, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by mmcdowell
You probably aren't going to be successful as you will need to provide a flight number in order to do the booking. Sometimes, the airports won't even let you on the premises without a flight number from a plane on the log for that day.
Offhand, I can't think of an FBO that doesn't have landside access for the general public. It's been a while since I have been at ILG so I can't speak to the setup there.

(Just book at a public FBO and not the Dassault Falcon service center there at ILG.)

At most airports, I would have no qualms renting from an FBO even if I wasn't arriving on a private plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.