Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No More "Paid Platinum" program

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2016, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Location: Work/Melbourne Victoria - Home/McKinney, TX (Dallas)
Programs: AA 7.8 MM EXP, QF P1, UA 1K, Marriott Titanium(Life), Hilton DIA, IHG RA, HZ PLAT
Question No More "Paid Platinum" program

A bit disappointed - I've been Platinum with Hertz for about 6 years now; the 1st 2 years due to my role within our corporation as a travel manager; and the past 4 years under the "paid platinum"; where I happily paid the $1200/year for the "bump" to Platinum.

Just learned the "Paid Platinum" program ended in February 2016 (this year) - and that they will no longer be offering it. One now needs to be one of the major "movers and shakers" who control large travel budgets, celebrity's, or other VIP's (as per my phone chat with a Platinum supervisor).

I've asked them to evaluate my past rental history (I average $18K/year in rentals - mainly long term rentals in lieu of leasing local vehicles in the cities i work in). We'll see if I qualify for something other than "Presidents Circle" - which the zone i landed on in my fall from grace this month!

Anyone else impacted by this change/decision from Hertz?

I've been quite loyal to the Golden fleet - despite their sometimes poor service in outer cities; will now consider the alternatives - and look at using other firms for my monthly lease/rentals.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 8:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, UA 1K, Hertz Platinum
yup, Other than getting rides to and from the terminal, the upgrades stateside are horrible. I've moved over to sixt and get a nice European car for what I was paying with Hertz for a F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.