Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Do Hertz off-airport rentals still provide UA and DL miles bonuses?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2016, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond

Reason for asking is I know Avis does not do airline miles of any kind for off-airport rentals, and companies like to share and copy bad ideas that reduce benefits.

I'm pretty big into the UA and DL Hertz rental bonuses (that is, the bonuses they give for Hertz rentals on their site), but looking for a rental that is not near an airport. I don't see anything about it on the airline sites, but that doesn't mean anything - they'd still be subject to overall Hertz crediting policies. (For example, I don't think booking an Avis off-airport location on AA would tell you you won't get miles.)

Sorry if this has been asked before, but as you can hopefully imagine, searching for off-airport or non-airport in a forum like this just delivers every thread imaginable that includes an airport. Went several pages back and didn't see anything,

Thanks,

FTF
Old Jul 30, 2016, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Well, I may have solved half my problem - it (belatedly) occurred to me to try to enter off-airport rental sites into the airlines sites, and it seems impossible. So none of the large bonuses may be possible.

But I am still wondering if the regular daily bonuses apply, though I'd have to decide if they were still worth it.

FTF
Old Aug 2, 2016, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
For example, I don't think booking an Avis off-airport location on AA would tell you you won't get miles.
I have no experience with specfiically that, but booking a non-corporate location might not get you miles whether they you tell you that or not. For an Avis example, Avis Anchorage Airport (ANC) does not accept airline promo coupons (explained at the Avis website), and it's not even clear to me if they give airline miles at all. For a Hertz example, Hertz in Bariloche, Argentina does not appear to give miles at all (but no warning about that).

So that brings up the question: How many off-airport locations are corporate and how many are non-corporate?

Last edited by sdsearch; Aug 2, 2016 at 6:49 pm
Old Aug 3, 2016, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
Reason for asking is I know Avis does not do airline miles of any kind for off-airport rentals, and companies like to share and copy bad ideas that reduce benefits.
I get Airline miles for my Avis off-airport rentals all the time. Same for Hertz.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 7:44 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Unsure about Delta, but it works fine for Hertz/United
Old Aug 4, 2016, 7:04 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Same, no issue getting miles for off-airport rentals.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 9:48 am
Original Poster

OK, thanks, all, Must have been a misunderstanding on my part.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 10:10 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
I do notice that it doesn't look like the Delta site lets you book a car for anything other than an airport location. You should be able to book the car through the Hertz site, though, using the Delta CDP and (for a particular promotion) PC code.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Oh, that's a great thought, cestmoi123. I'm going to give that a try and if I get something out of it, that's great. If not, I'll live with it because I'm not going back out to the airport.
Thanks again, everybody.

FTF

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.