Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RQ codes and PC codes incompatable?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2002, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

RQ codes and PC codes incompatable?

I have a couple of coupons I got from Hertz last time I filled out one of those Gold "How Do We Rate?" surveys that are for "$10 Off any Hertz Rental." They don't seem to have too many restrictions; two of them can be used at once, and it doesn't say anything about blackout dates, although it does say "Advance reservations required using PC# xxxxxx."

I've noticed that when making reservations on-line, it won't accept the PC number if I am using the "FRDM" rate code, but it has no problem taking the PC number if I choose the Best Rate option (which, of course, is not the best rate I can get).

Will I have any problems if I just give them the coupons when I return the car without having it noted on my reservation? Are there any other ways around this? Are the coupons really good on "any Hertz Rental"?
Old Jan 23, 2011, 12:43 pm

Well if you have not entered the PC on the $10 off coupon into your reservation prior to picking up the car, you will not be able to use them. I haven't found a RQ that will work besides best (state doesn't work at all anymore for anything) with these coupons. The Hertz staff is no longer allowed to enter codes upon customer returns to the rental location because their friends and relatives were getting too many freebies. If you call Hertz to complain about the rental they will send you more of these coupons. You have to make sure you have gotten them into the reservation before you pick up somehow. I am trying to go back after making a reservation and putting the PC code in now. I hope it works because if I put it in at the same time as making the reservation the rental rate is higher.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.