Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

How long does it take Hertz to post miles to airlines?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long does it take Hertz to post miles to airlines?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2001, 6:40 am

Programs: CO
Gretchen, Idaho falls especially and phoenix are small markets. Their is not an influx of business travel in these areas and therefore the gold service won't match that seen at a EWR or DFW. Even attempting to do so would cost the company hundreds of millions of dollars.
Old Aug 4, 2001, 7:03 am

Hertz takes a couple of weeks, sometimes never. However, I don't care, have only short time rentals, it is not worth the hussle.

Rented with National: Got a lousy car, but got the miles within one week.
Old Aug 4, 2001, 8:30 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Have rented four times from Hertz since May 1, 2001 (Hertz Gold). Received my Marriott points on only one of the four, and even then received regular points rather than the double points my coupon called for. When I complained months ago as to the single/double issue, the Hertz frequent traveler dept. rejected my request and said that the coupon was only good for American miles. When I e-mailed Hertz their own website (which showed that the double offer was good on all partners) they replied that nobody at Hertz had internally informed the frequent renter department as to the offer, but that I would receive the bonus points within ten weeks (that was eleven weeks ago.) I still have not received the points. I e-mailed Hertz as to the other missing points, but have received no response. C'MON HERTZ.
Old Aug 6, 2001, 1:22 pm

I rented from Hertz first week in June my
AA miles did not post. After waiting 4 weeks I called AA they asked me to mail my proof. After another 2 weeks they sent me a card saying that it was a Hertz problem. I mailed my info to Herts, still no miles. I know longer need the miles as a partner, now I'm just mad.
Old Aug 31, 2001, 6:23 pm

Usually within a week. My last rental in BOS posted to my Qualiflyer account within 2 days, very impressive! Maybe unusual from what I can see in the previous posts...
Old Aug 31, 2001, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Just as addendum to one of my earlier posts- I am finding that Avis is no better at reporting miles in a timely fashion. I completed a rental four weeks ago, and my "airline" does not even have a record of the tape that Avis alledgedly sent. Avis diffuses responsibility to the airline stating that there is nothing that they can do.

I have learned my lesson. I will move all of my business back to Alamo, where my miles always posted within five to seven days and I was "handled" in a professional and courteous manner. Customer care is every bit as important (if not more) than the product they provide.
Old Sep 4, 2001, 8:24 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA Ag Muti-year WN Companion Pass, A+, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat Ntl EmExElite
Hertz is definately the slowest to post the mileage! 6 to 8 weeks is normal, and when you are trying to do the American 20th Anniversary bonus it is a real pain!
Old Sep 9, 2001, 12:47 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
May 5 rental in CLE posted this week with the full 20 miles posted to AA account. Two requests by fax, one by mail. Wanted it for the 20/20 partner.
Old Oct 6, 2001, 11:48 am

Programs: BA Gold (2x Concorde-ian),AA EXP; HHonors Diamond,Marriott Plat,Starwood Plat
I get 500 BA miles per rental, and it usually takes 1-2mo for the miles to post. Occasionally, it'll take 3+mo. At the beginning, I used to write letters to BA and complain that miles have not posted, and mail them copies of receipts and rental agreements, and they miles would post within a week.

-sp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.