No Email confirmation?

Old Dec 29, 2000, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Location: Dallas, TX. AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, Avis Preferred Select
No Email confirmation?

I just noticed that Hertz does not send email confirmations of my reservations (like Avis). I just want to make sure this is right or am I doing something wrong.

And before you ask, yes I put my email address in
Old Dec 31, 2000, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fly UA MM 1K, Sleep Hyatt & IHG, Hertzer. 2022 Flyertalk Fantasy Football Champion
You didn't do anything wrong - they don't send e-mail confirmations. That absolutely sucks! You cannot even have them fax you a copy of your reservation. The only copy you can get is to have them mail it to you - it takes about 6 weeks!!! I'm not always hooked to a printer so it's not convenient to pront the screen. They ask for your e-mail address, however they don't use it???

------------------
Ken in Sacramento
Old Dec 31, 2000, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
If you aren't hooked up to a printer when making the reservation, use the Windows 'Pause Printing' feature.

Go to Settings, then Printers. Right click the printer icon and select Pause Printing. After that, the computer will the item to be printed to your hard disk. The next time you boot the computer, it will prompt to print the items in your queue.
Old Dec 31, 2000, 9:41 pm
dg1

Or get Adobe Acrobat -- and print to a PDF file -- and then send the PDF file somewhere you have access to a printer. What I do.

In any case, it does suck they dont confirm reservations via email but you can copy down the confirmation number and then come back and revisit the website when near a printer. Or cut and paste and mail it to yourself. Altogether the Hertz website is pretty decent IMHO.. I've been using it for two years now for all my reservations.
Old Jan 3, 2001, 6:20 pm

Location: MCI. AA Plat, UA PrmEx., Mrrtt Gold, Hz Pres.Circle, HHonors Gold
I typically cut/paste the information into an Excel spreadsheet I use just for Hz reservation confirmations (okay, so I rent a *lot* of cars).

I use the website for 95+% of my reservations, but I find two things about the site to be annoying: (1) no email confirmations and (2) no ability to search for or change existing reservations based on #1 Club Gold number. The reason the second point is annoying is because I know Hertz has this functionality somewhere, because telephone agents can look up rentals this way. Why can't they just slap a web front-end on the existing process?!?!?!

Having said that, I *do* like the website quite a bit. I especially like the ability to quickly experiment with a variety of CDP/PC combos to find the best rates/bonuses/upgrades/etc., whereas I'd be a little hesitant to do that over the phone.
Old Jan 4, 2001, 2:58 pm

Programs: SPEBSQSA
Or, you could use Print Screen (to copy the whole desktop) or Alt+Print Screen (to copy the open window) to the clipboard. Open Word, etc. and Paste in.

------------------
Bob

There's no place like home...
there's no place like home...
there's no place like home.
www.wmonline.com
www.sunriseair.net

Old Jan 7, 2001, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker

Or, you can do a SAVE AS when you are in the final screen. I do this all the time. SAVE AS a HTML and name it HERTZ JAN 21 or whatever. I do that for hotel, air, etc. It just sits on my hard drive for reference or to pull up when they seem to have LOST my reservation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.