Nonexistant Gold service at DFW

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 1999, 4:00 pm
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Nonexistant Gold service at DFW

There is no gold service at DFW. I have seen some other airports where they had no Gold service, but DFW was exceptionally bad. The regular line was faster than the gold line. When finally my turn came, I handed my drivers license and Marriott card to the agent. He looked at my Marriott card and handed it back to me - I then asked him to enter my Marriott number in the reservation. He still did not do so - I had to stop by again when I returned the car to ask them to enter the number.
Old Dec 4, 1999, 5:22 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Never rent a car at DFW (from Hertz or anyone else) if you can avoid it! This has got to be the worst airport in the US for car rentals. The rental lots, if you can call them that, are so small that they have resorted to using dirt strips on the side of the terminal road to park cars! Two weeks ago a collegue and I waited 15 minutes just to return our car into the lot since the line (Hertz, Avis, and others) was so long.
Old Dec 4, 1999, 5:59 pm
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
I agree about DFW airport. Really bad signs and lots of construction - I wanted to take the north airport exit, airport exit signs took me to south exit. There is a gas station in the airport (I think), but no signs on how to get there during car drop off.
Old Dec 4, 1999, 8:45 pm
dg1

I've rented from Dallas cars twice, both from Hertz as a gold member. TERRIBLE experiences, no help, I got lost trying to get out of the lot and getting back to it, and like you said Gold service is often slower than anywhere else.

I was using a promotional code that didn't require a coupon for an upgrade. However, they didn't believe me. Every other Hertz area would let me go as it's a space available, and I'm a very prolific renter. But they refuse. The manager refuses. The manager's manager refuses.

The only other place I've had as bas service is at LGA, but that was only one time. DFW it's epidemic. The whole rental car situation there is bad.
Old Dec 4, 1999, 10:39 pm

If you're renting at DFW, forget the big guys with the shared bus. I travelled to DFW 9 times last year and after the 2nd horrible experience with National, I gave up there.

Rent with either Dollar, Alamo or Thrifty, who have their own busses, and usually aren't as busy. The downside is their lots are at Rt. 114 & Esters Road, about 3 miles from the airport.

Still better than the 'shared bus'.

[This message has been edited by shadow (edited 12-04-1999).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.