Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recent PHL Rental Experiences

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2016, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz #1 Club President's Circle; National Executive Elite; Marriott Titanium; AA Executive Plat
Recent PHL Rental Experiences

My wife and I are going to be renting from PHL this Friday afternoon. Looking at reviews on yelp and google it looks like they have been horrible experiences, have people on here experienced the same? We rented a premium car and have Hertz Gold...thanks and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Old May 23, 2016, 11:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by rynbmw
My wife and I are going to be renting from PHL this Friday afternoon. Looking at reviews on yelp and google it looks like they have been horrible experiences, have people on here experienced the same? We rented a premium car and have Hertz Gold...thanks and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Search "PHL experience" =
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...PHL+experience
Old May 26, 2016, 8:44 am

Won't help you for this week, but I'm picking up next week on a PCAR res using points. Based on what others have said in the past, I'm setting my expectations low
Old May 29, 2016, 9:00 am

Programs: American Ex Plat, Avis Presidents, Hertz - Preidents Circle, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I consistently have bad experiences at the Philly airport with Hertz. As PC, I often do not get an upgrade. The buses do not run frequently for pick-ups and returns (I often walk if going to terminal D/E) and the staff is just generally unpleasant.

I have never had a problem getting the car class that I reserved ..... Let us know how it works out for you.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by travelingbob
The buses do not run frequently for pick-ups and returns (I often walk if going to terminal D/E) and the staff is just generally unpleasant.
Hertz at PHL sucks in every way. There is some good advice above though. Just walk between the terminals and Hertz lot. Very easy; it works just as well between B/C and Hertz as it does between D/E and Hertz.

Once a bus shows up, the shuttle bus route seems to involve about 1080 degrees worth of turns and takes 10+ minutes of transit time. F- that. I'm just walking from baggage claim to Hertz.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 7:34 am

Wow what a hot mess. I picked up on Thursday, no names on Gold board, so the line was out the door. Barely any cars on the lot. I was able to get a LaCrosse on my PCAR reservation with points, but it was beat to hell and not clean.

My reservation was for noon and I picked up at 11:40. I had to sit there until noon because it was a weekend rate and the agent couldn't override it. This kind of BS doesn't happen with National. This experience reminds me again why I never rent with Hertz. At least the rental was basically free.

On a side note, the return agent was very friendly
Old Jun 26, 2016, 2:09 am

Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
I have not had any issues at PHL. Was upgraded to a hyundai genesis, or was it an Avalon... don't recall. dropped of a number of times there too, again, no issues.

Keep in mind, the people writing the reviews, more often than not are folks who had a bad experience.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 5:38 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I just finished a rental from Hertz @ PHL, and I have to say it was a rather pleasant experience ^

* As a Hertz 5*, I reserved a mid-sized and had a Nissan Rogue in my spot (a close spot too)

* When leaving the location, along with printing out the contract, they asked if I wanted a bottle of water. It wasn't cold, but it was wet. They had cases of Dasani.

* On returning, after doing the printout and such, the agents asked if I needed a ride to the terminal. I said how I was going to an airport hotel, they asked which one, and drove me to the Doubletree.

It had been a few years since I rented from PHL, and I must say that someone really seems to be working on improving customer service. As a moderator in the US and now AA forum here on FT, I've seen plenty of complaints about the, "Philly-tude." Maybe Hertz is trying to overcome that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.