FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/)
-   -   Consolidated "Hertz Points Expiring/Expired" Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/1767276-consolidated-hertz-points-expiring-expired-thread.html)

st.exupery Jun 5, 2013 5:49 am

Consolidated "Hertz Points Expiring/Expired" Thread

"Points will not expire as long as you have a Hertz Gold Plus Rewards point activity in the prior 24 months. Activity means a Gold Plus Rewards Point was either earned or redeemed."

Looks like transfer points (e.g. e-rewards > Hertz) or purchased points does not keep you active.

Auto Enthusiast Jun 5, 2013 5:51 am

I think e-rewards counts. Here's what my screen says:

Bonus Points Earned eRewards Redemption

It says "points earned." So it should count as activity.

UAPremExecflyer Jun 5, 2013 6:44 am

Originally Posted by st.exupery (Post 20869362)
"Points will not expire as long as you have a Hertz Gold Plus Rewards point activity in the prior 24 months. Activity means a Gold Plus Rewards Point was either earned or redeemed."

Looks like transfer points (e.g. e-rewards > Hertz) or purchased points does not keep you active.

This is very easily resolved.
Make an awards/points booking online.
10 mins later, go back and cancel it.
Points go back into your account.
Activity on your account. Points extended.

st.exupery Jun 5, 2013 4:29 pm

Is there a way of verifying your expiration date (apart from calling phone reps)? Thanks

ohnodapopo Jan 5, 2014 2:37 pm

How to extend expiring points?

Hello,
I've got a couple days worth of rentals that are about to expire in 2 weeks. Is there any way to either extend the expiration date or convert to another program?

Thanks.

briantoronto Jan 5, 2014 3:16 pm

Don't know if this still works, but book a reservation and then cancel it. May just extend the points. YMMV

Rut Dog Jan 6, 2014 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by briantoronto (Post 22090441)
Don't know if this still works, but book a reservation and then cancel it. May just extend the points. YMMV

"Points do not expire as long as the member has any Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program activity in the prior 24 months. Activity means a Gold Plus Rewards Point was either earned or redeemed."

When you book a reward reservation that creates an immediate debit to your balance. Then, if cancelled, you get a credit. I wonder if that works?

Another option: call and plead your case. Maybe a Gold Plus rep can extend the deadline, or even give you a courtesy credit. All you need is one point, from the looks of the T&C.

kcaluwae Apr 21, 2014 4:21 pm

Avoid point expiration

Is there a cheap/easy way to avoid your points from expiring? (not involving a car rental, I know that would be an option :-))
Did anybody have some luck to ask for an exception (a small extension)?
My points are set to expire one month before my next rental...

kcaluwae Apr 22, 2014 1:12 am

Possible to use points for part of rental?

Should I be able to use points for part of my rental? I've tried various ways to use the points but to no avail. Rental is 12 days in US and I have 3880 points. Enough for 1 free week at least normally. (rental is outside the anyday rewards period, based on 2013 data, I found no 2014 data)

The T&C is confusing. It clearly states you should be able to use points for part of your rental but it's not that clear about what rentals are valid. In EU points seem to be valid on prepaid rates, in US they're valid on pay-at-location rates. At least that's what I make of it. I'm from Belgium and I always get prepaid rates proposed also for my rentals in US. I can force the system to show pay-at-location rates but even then I never seem to get a discount with the points...

UAPremExecflyer Apr 22, 2014 10:58 am

This question has been asked and answered before.
Suggest you go online and make an award reservation. That will deduct the points.
Then go back a few mins later and cancel the reservation. Points go back into your account and your points are extended.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...ng-points.html

kcaluwae Apr 22, 2014 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer (Post 22742434)
This question has been asked and answered before.
Suggest you go online and make an award reservation. That will deduct the points.
Then go back a few mins later and cancel the reservation. Points go back into your account and your points are extended.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...ng-points.html

Tx for pointing out the thread, hadn't found it.

deyainrdy4ds Jan 26, 2015 1:00 am

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer (Post 20869552)
This is very easily resolved.
Make an awards/points booking online.
10 mins later, go back and cancel it.
Points go back into your account.
Activity on your account. Points extended.

i know this is an old thread, but can anyone verify this?

JT51 Oct 23, 2015 1:36 pm

I have been adding "E Reward" points to my Hertz account for years, and in the past 6 months they have been disappearing. Phoning Hertz I got nowhere, as with emailing, finally got an answer thru Twitter, and was told "Activity" meant renting so my E Reward additions will expire.

sggolf Oct 29, 2015 5:53 pm

I had surveys in my account which I had an agent tell me was activity and then poof all my points that I had purchased disappeared. :td::mad:

thegrailer Nov 2, 2015 3:28 pm

I've been getting the same crap. Activity now means rental activity rather than points activity.

However, this is what it states right beneath my balance:

Points will not expire as long as you have a Hertz Gold Plus Rewards point activity in the prior 24 months. Activity means a Gold Plus Rewards Point was either earned or redeemed.
Am I mistaken to read this as any activity (apparently I am as per Hertz)

Cheers