Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Hertz Points Expiring/Expired" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 11, 2021, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Excerpt of email sent in early January 2021 from Hertz Gold Plus Rewards (HertzGoldOffers[at]emails.hertz.com)

Hi [Member],
As a President’s Circle ® member, rent assured knowing we’re committed to going the extra mile to provide you a safer, faster, easier experience.

Important Reminder & Announcement
To thank you for your loyalty, we are delaying loyalty point expirations. Your points are now good through Dec. 31 (or longer if you’ve completed a rental in the last six months) and won’t expire as long as you rent or redeem at least once every 18 months. We’ve also extended your elite status until Jan. 31, 2022.

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Hertz Points Expiring/Expired" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, Marriott Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve, HH Diamond
where on the site do you see the expiration date for your points.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: Hertz, Hilton, Marriott, National
There is no such date displayed on site, what you can do, if don´t remember the last time you completed a rental, is checking the 24 months rental history, go to:
My Account
Rewards Account Activity

There you can check month by month the activity on your account. The last month where you had activity that´s the beggining of your points expire date, meaning, 24 months after that date, if no activity is recorded your points would expire.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 2:35 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, Marriott Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve, HH Diamond
i only see a max of 6 month rental history....
Old Dec 2, 2018, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Joonydell
i only see a max of 6 month rental history....
When did you start being a Hertz member?

I do see 24 months history.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 9:17 am

1 week after points expire date, the points are still available.
IDM79 likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:35 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
I'm confused. Awardwallet shows my latest activity on 31/12/2016 and says my points will expire at the end of the month. Went through the 24-month history on Hertz's website and it doesn't show anything either (only a few rentals with 0 points). My points are still there though (lucky enough)

To stop them from expiring I tried to make a points reservation in the future (compact car - 1 day) but I always get an error that I don't have any points. In the end I tried to make a reservation for the day after tomorrow and that works.
Not sure what to think of this: It seems it's no longer possible to make point reservations after their expiration date.
(just not sure why they haven't expired yet, maybe you get a 2 month grace period?)
Joonydell likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 3:42 pm

Looks like the expiration is 18 months now

Do my Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® points expire?
Points do not expire if you have a Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® rental activity in the prior 18 months. Activity means a Gold Plus Rewards® point was either earned or redeemed on a rental.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:25 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
I'm not an active Hertz renter at present (mainly due to the BA/Avis linkup), but have a decent Hertz Gold Points Plus balance, which is about to expire.

So I've been looking to book a minimal points reservation to keep the account alive. As noted previously, this has turned out to be a highly frustrating process …

1) The "Use My Gold Plus Points" option on My Account on the website leads into a dead end, not leading to any function where you can actually book a redemption.
2) Most combinations of location and date I have tried end up with the "You don't have enough points" message, even though I do have enough and am selecting the right groups of car.
3) The one location and date I did get to offer a redemption asked for a residual balance (a few dollars) be paid upfront.

So, a couple of questions :
1) If I pay the residual fee, is it refunded if I then cancel ?
2) Can anyone suggest a location and date (preferably sometime next year in 2020) that does price up a redemption, with the minimum possible points outlay and no (or negligible) up-front payment ?
Old Jul 25, 2019, 3:40 pm

Does the reserving with points for a future date method still work and does the cancellation penalty apply 24 hours before the pickup time or from the booking time
Old Jul 25, 2019, 6:18 pm

24 hours after booking time
Old Jul 25, 2019, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
24 hours after booking time
so unless your a PC how does the advanced points reservation make sense to do?
Old Jul 25, 2019, 7:37 pm

The location might sell out at any time.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 11:36 pm

The location might sell out at any time.
I'm confused how does the booking in advances method for points expiring help if the place is sold out?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 26, 2019 at 7:25 am Reason: Repaired broken quote
Old Jul 26, 2019, 9:33 am

I'm saying if the location is sold out, you won't be able to book with points at the last minute.

If you are just making a reservation for the sake of extending the points expiration date, you should cancel it almost immediately, so the points can be returned to your account. The points reservation will, at least as of now, count as activity. It wouldn't surprise me if Hertz eventually changes the definition of activity to be a completed rental.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 6:07 pm

I'm saying if the location is sold out, you won't be able to book with points at the last minute.

If you are just making a reservation for the sake of extending the points expiration date, you should cancel it almost immediately, so the points can be returned to your account. The points reservation will, at least as of now, count as activity. It wouldn't surprise me if Hertz eventually changes the definition of activity to be a completed rental.
just want to give a data point made a reservation for Jan and had some remaining points left my expiration date was july 26 my account today balance is negative

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.