Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Hertz Points Expiring/Expired" Thread

Old Jun 11, 2021, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Excerpt of email sent in early January 2021 from Hertz Gold Plus Rewards (HertzGoldOffers[at]emails.hertz.com)

Hi [Member],
As a President’s Circle ® member, rent assured knowing we’re committed to going the extra mile to provide you a safer, faster, easier experience.

Important Reminder & Announcement
To thank you for your loyalty, we are delaying loyalty point expirations. Your points are now good through Dec. 31 (or longer if you’ve completed a rental in the last six months) and won’t expire as long as you rent or redeem at least once every 18 months. We’ve also extended your elite status until Jan. 31, 2022.

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Hertz Points Expiring/Expired" Thread

Old May 25, 2022, 1:12 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SAS Gold (butt in seat)
The only option to prevent points from expiring is a rental within the period?
No other activity possible on the hertz' points folio?

Caro
Old May 25, 2022, 6:28 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Carotthat
The only option to prevent points from expiring is a rental within the period?
No other activity possible on the hertz' points folio?

Caro
Or a redemption (not just a reservation)
Auto Enthusiast and Carotthat like this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 2:39 pm

Programs: BAEC (Silver) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Help please

Apologies if wrong place for this but looked at the Titles of the threads in the sticky and this seemed most appropriate..

I joined Gold Plus Rewards (R) in 2018, when booking a car for a road trip in USA in May 2019 (3 years ago now)..

I recall in the press how they suffered badly in 2020 due to COVID but didnt pay much attention

Am looking at booking a car in Europe this Autumn, went on to the website, entered my membership number then pressed forgot my password. On the next page it asked for my email address, but when I hit enter it did not recognise my details!
I then tried Forgot My Number, which took me to a page to enter my DL number and - an email with my number appeared on the account it said moments previously did not exist

so I tried to reset my password but same result as earlier!
Then I guessed at what password I had last used, then was taken to the New Account Sugn Up Page

At which point I thought I'd ask for assistance from the excellent FT community...

is it likely that after 3 years of inactivity my account was closed?
did they purge accounts back in 2020 due to their financial situation?
... do I need to sign up again??

Thanks
Old Nov 10, 2022, 9:55 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
President's Circle Reinstated 7,708 Points

A data point and hope for those who simply forgot about this, I'm a President's Circle member (earned sometimes and other times because I'm a Delta DM) and haven't rented since early March 2020, like many on here. I just stick with Ubers now because I'm tired of remote car rental lots. I only had 7,708 points and they expired this year, sometime around September I'm thinking. I emailed customer service via the link on their page, and it took a few weeks but I got them reinstated. The email was kind of snotty but it did work, they are there without restriction except that I need to keep my account activity. I'm going to use them on a Hawaiian trip next week so all good on my end. In the 2015-2019 timeframe, I rented almost weekly so IDK if they recall that spend or were just feeling generous with me today.

Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 10:07 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SAS Gold (butt in seat)
I had the same offer. Was only difficult to reach the responsible team member with enough jurisdiction.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 11:30 pm

Programs: BA
I have 27,000 points , have tried forever to redeem them. It is the most useless loyalty scheme ever. Let them expire and move to a more serious company.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 8:04 am

That's impractical for people on corporate contracts.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 11:39 am

How do I know when my hertz status (president circle) expires? Cannot find anything at my account online
Old Jan 24, 2023, 2:46 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
It's a mystery

How to View Status Expiration
Old Feb 9, 2023, 11:33 am

Programs: AA - EP, Marriott - PP
Well I've just had a trying experience the last week or so with my expiring points, but I did end up with a satisfying conclusion.

My points were set to expire 1/28/23 or thereabouts since I haven't rented a car in the last 18 months. On 1/20/23 I completed a cheap one day paid rental and thought nothing more about it. Come 2/1/23 I received an email from Award Wallet that all of my Hertz points were now gone, and sure enough when I logged in there were zero point showing and no record of my recent rental. Naturally I call in and get a rather unhelpful rep who would simply repeat that she saw zero points on my account for the last year. I finally got her to open a ticket regarding my missing points and rental and made sure to take down the case number to make sure it was actually filed.

Today I received an email from Award Wallet that points have posted in my Hertz account. After logging in I see three separate "Adjustment" lines in my rewards activity that some how equal more than what I lost and the points earned on the missing rental. There's still no record of my rental from 1/20, but since I have a reason to book an awards rental later this month I shouldn't have to worry about it anymore.

Regardless if anyone is going to make a rental specifically to keep expiring points, I would suggest making an award point booking so you don't need to worry about the rental showing up.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA MM
PC status and extension

Originally Posted by kanexxz
How do I know when my hertz status (president circle) expires? Cannot find anything at my account online
I too could not figure out when mine expired, but today I got an email extending it through June 2023. I thought this was an annual thing so it sounds like a "gift" - it also says do two rentals before June and it extends through the end of the year. So I'm pretty confused about the tenure of the status, because I read on line that a spend of $3K qualifies for PC, and I've certainly spent that. Though if by that it means the rate before taxes, fees, and all the other stuff you pay, I dunno, would have to read old receipts to figure that.
Old May 1, 2023, 1:57 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 1MM, Marriott Plat
I am having the same drama, trying to get ahold of someone with the right seniority, so that I can beg for my points back. I also had a ton and they disappeared (late to realize it but I'm going to beg anyway).

For the people who got these successful emails -- how exactly did you reach out to them? Phone, email, web form? Can anyone share exact contact info?

Presidents Circle here and cannot get ahold of a real person anywhere. The hertz numbers seem designed to make me hang up in frustration.
Old May 3, 2023, 9:08 am
Suspended

Odd what others reported. Logged into hertz. It doesn’t show the points expiration date! Probably on purpose so people don’t see when they expire. I had to call to get the expiration date. I know you can see the last “rental” but I don’t trust anything on hertz points anymore I want to be told a date their system says. You won’t get ‘em back.

my advice on all points is use em now , but especially with hertz. Keeps devaluing itself
Old May 3, 2023, 11:37 am

Programs: Delta Diamond 1MM, Marriott Plat
just to add more data to my post from Monday --

I used to have a lot of Hertz points. I don't remember how many but I rented from them every week before covid for years. Of course they are gone now, and the website has no record of points being added / killed, nothing at all, which is infuriating.

So I called on Monday (now that I am renting a lot, again, and noticed my points were gone) -- asked about it -- they told me "based on the last update from corporate, the points have expired."

Can you tell me how many points I used to have? No
Can you tell me when exactly they did expire? No
Can I speak to your supervisor? I don't have a supervisor.
Are you the CEO of Hertz? No
So you must have a supervisor then? No I don't
Can you please escalate this and have someone look into my account? No, we have no way to escalate this.
Who is sending "updates from corporate"? Can I talk to them? No
I just spoke to other colleagues who had their points extended. -- Based on the last update from corporate, they are not doing that anymore.
When was the last update? Friday April 28.
Ok, that was Friday, this is Monday, so if I had called one day earlier? "Yes."

🤦

It was infuriating. Like, not so much as an "I'm sorry", "unfortunately", sometimes with these things, it's all about the tone, whether bad news stings or not, and here, they literally could not care less.

Gross garbage company, deserves to be bankrupt.

Unfortunately, unlike airlines, it's not like you can dump a bad car rental company for a nicer one. They are all garbage.

I did send them a written letter by email anyway, may as well keep trying.
Old May 7, 2023, 8:22 pm

Something more must be going on with our points at Hertz. I always just let my car rental credits go to their program because I frankly don't need any more airline miles and there's a small surcharge on that anyway.
But I knew the expiration period was 18 months after the last action, so I never gave it much thought as I'm a fairly frequent renter. I had rentals scattered all through the year in 2022.
I just had my first rental this year though and just happened to notice that up until now almost all those points have disappeared. It's more trouble than it's probably worth to chase them down but makes me feel I should move on to National in the future because of the bad faith I feel for this company.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.