Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Hertz Points Expiring/Expired" Thread

Old Jun 11, 2021, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Excerpt of email sent in early January 2021 from Hertz Gold Plus Rewards (HertzGoldOffers[at]emails.hertz.com)

Hi [Member],
As a President’s Circle ® member, rent assured knowing we’re committed to going the extra mile to provide you a safer, faster, easier experience.

Important Reminder & Announcement
To thank you for your loyalty, we are delaying loyalty point expirations. Your points are now good through Dec. 31 (or longer if you’ve completed a rental in the last six months) and won’t expire as long as you rent or redeem at least once every 18 months. We’ve also extended your elite status until Jan. 31, 2022.

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Hertz Points Expiring/Expired" Thread

Old Mar 25, 2021, 5:24 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by sokolov
Just to confirm: If I transfer my Hertz points to my spouse (same residential address), they will remain valid for my spouse to use for 18 months from the date of transfer?
I don't think so, no. I think they will be valid for 18m from the last time your spouse earned Hertz points him or herself, subject to the general extension to the end of this year if they have 5* or PC status (if that would mean an extension).
Old Mar 25, 2021, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by louie-m
I don't think so, no. I think they will be valid for 18m from the last time your spouse earned Hertz points him or herself, subject to the general extension to the end of this year if they have 5* or PC status (if that would mean an extension).
What if they haven't earned any points yet?
Old Mar 26, 2021, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by sokolov
What if they haven't earned any points yet?
Good question. I don't know the answer.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 6:34 am

Even though my status is still set to PC, I lost about ten thousand points within the past month. Just as I start to set up business travel itineraries post vaccinations. Good job Hertz, you are the suckiest.
sokolov and Auto Enthusiast like this.

Last edited by DJMeatBall; Mar 28, 2021 at 8:11 am
Old May 13, 2021, 4:19 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
I am PC and my points will expire in 3 months - just been alerted by Awardwallet

Unless the USA opens up again to us, I can't see me booking a Hertz car in the next 3 months.

Shame that Hertz are not extending the validity of points.
Old May 13, 2021, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
I am PC and my points will expire in 3 months - just been alerted by Awardwallet

Unless the USA opens up again to us, I can't see me booking a Hertz car in the next 3 months.

Shame that Hertz are not extending the validity of points.
Errr.... they are. As you are PC, extended to 31 December. Awardwallet is wrong.
Old May 13, 2021, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Point Expiration Extension?

My points are due to expire in June. My last rental was Jan '20. I would swear I saw an email indicating points would be extended throughout 2021 but I can't find it.

If not, I will have to rent something soon I have over 17k points.
Old May 14, 2021, 4:07 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I believe the points extension offer was for elite status members only; here's a portion of the email I received this past January (I'm PC):

Important Reminder & Announcement
To thank you for your loyalty, we are delaying loyalty point expirations. Your points are now good through Dec. 31 (or longer if you’ve completed a rental in the last six months) and won’t expire as long as you rent or redeem at least once every 18 months. We’ve also extended your elite status until Jan. 31, 2022.
Old May 14, 2021, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
I believe the points extension offer was for elite status members only; here's a portion of the email I received this past January (I'm PC):
I'm President's club. I'll look again for a January email. I sent them the question and haven't heard back yet.
Old May 24, 2021, 5:52 pm

I finally heard back from customer service and they confirmed point expiration was extended to 12/31/21 for PCs
Old May 27, 2021, 1:40 pm

a few days ago i checked holiday inn hotel around to see which locations to use for points, then went to check hertz and i was shocked zero points on my hertz gold. it was 7,000+ i have not traveling due to coronavirus pandemic. i gotta to reserve hotels and hertz rental car to visit my daddy as his time is not longer due to 10th heart attack on first week of june 2021. now i can not go without hertz points. i did email hertz and was told that i would hear from them about 2 weeks. oh dear.
Old May 28, 2021, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by cpns72
a few days ago i checked holiday inn hotel around to see which locations to use for points, then went to check hertz and i was shocked zero points on my hertz gold. it was 7,000+ i have not traveling due to coronavirus pandemic. i gotta to reserve hotels and hertz rental car to visit my daddy as his time is not longer due to 10th heart attack on first week of june 2021. now i can not go without hertz points. i did email hertz and was told that i would hear from them about 2 weeks. oh dear.
Unless you are a PC member, points were not extended. Have you tried calling them?
Old May 28, 2021, 9:28 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Unless you are a PC member, points were not extended. Have you tried calling them?
I do not believe that is correct. I got the email and am 5* not PC. But I do think it was for people with some sort of status.
Old May 28, 2021, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by fwfdan
I do not believe that is correct. I got the email and am 5* not PC. But I do think it was for people with some sort of status.
I actually either lost or can't find the email but agree it may be only for those with status.
Old May 28, 2021, 10:19 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Originally Posted by Mary2e
I actually either lost or can't find the email but agree it may be only for those with status.
I think you are correct. Either 5* or PC. I deleted the email as my points were already safe beyond the extension.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.