Search

LAS - Adren Cars - talk to me!

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2016, 2:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Gold 5*
LAS - Adren Cars - talk to me!

Hey guys,
off to Vegas in a few weeks, for those renting out of LAS, if you don't mind, can you keep an eye out for what "Adrenaline" cars you see in the garage ?
I heard a rumor that its mainly just Camero SS cars available, gone are the Mustangs, Challengers and Corvettes, and the Shelby will be rare or overpriced!

Just to recap too for Upgrades, I got Gold 5*...
Do I need to book an Intermed car before I can upgrade to Adren cars, or can I just book the cheapest small car, and then upgrade to Adren cars ?

I pre-pay for Hertz cars as its cheaper for us to book on Hertz.co.uk (inc LIS/LDW)...

Cheers
Old May 14, 2016, 9:07 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
When do you need to know? I'll be there June 11, so I can take a look around then. (I've booked a Camaro SS convertible for the week... Hopefully they have it, and even better if it's the new gen.)

No idea about 5* upgrades, but I'd assume that only applies to the standard categories, not special ones (Premium, Prestige, Dream Cars, etc.). It should say in the T&C on their website.
Old May 16, 2016, 2:58 am
Original Poster

I'll be looking to get something nice on the 9th June for 3 days....

Think i'll book the Intermediate just to be on the safe side, and then hope they got some goodies in stock for me that I can upgrade to at a reasonable cost!
Old May 17, 2016, 9:03 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles - Platinum; Hertz - President's Circle; Expedia - Gold
I have just returned from Vegas where I rented the Camaro SS convertible from Hertz. Very enjoyable car, even with the +38C (97F) daytime temperature.
Camaro SS have full options including paddle-shift gears in manual mode, headsup display, integrated navigation with touch-screen. Surprisingly Sirius radio wasn't activated on a car with 19K miles on it. As always, it was fixed with a quick call to Hertz roadside assistance.

Back to your question, although it is not listed on the website I saw a single Dodge Challenger at LAS - the car was sitting in the upgrades section with "just $75/day extra" sign

Last edited by Firstboss; May 17, 2016 at 1:21 pm
Old May 17, 2016, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by Firstboss
Back to your question, although it is not listed on the website I saw a single Dodge Avenger at LAS - the car was sitting in the upgrades section with "just $75/day extra" sign
Avenger or Challenger? Avenger is a run of the mill intermediate style car, it replaced the Dodge Stratus for all intents.
Old May 17, 2016, 11:16 am

Programs: Hertz Gold PC, AAdvantage Platinum, United Premier 1K, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by JLewisinSyr
Avenger is a run of the mill intermediate style car, it replaced the Dodge Stratus for all intents.
and was discontinued in 2014
Old May 17, 2016, 1:22 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles - Platinum; Hertz - President's Circle; Expedia - Gold
Thanks for the correction of my typo - it was indeed a red Dodge Challenger parked in LAS
Old May 18, 2016, 2:21 am
Original Poster

thank you guys, good info..
despite Hertz being the most expensive to rent with, and am unsure why! am gonna book intermediate car, and then hope I see anything other than the Cam SS, and then hope they upgrade for $40 or less per day!
Old May 21, 2016, 6:59 pm

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
I'm sure you'll be able to upgrade if you see something you like. I'm not sure how negotiable they are on the rates though since I haven't been to LAS.
Old May 23, 2016, 11:33 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by StuartUK
thank you guys, good info..
despite Hertz being the most expensive to rent with, and am unsure why! am gonna book intermediate car, and then hope I see anything other than the Cam SS, and then hope they upgrade for $40 or less per day!
You seem to ask pretty much the exact same question every year?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...hoice-las.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...drenaline.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...line-cars.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...ork-vegas.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...las-vegas.html
Old May 23, 2016, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Not quite..
This thread relates to what Adren cars are in LAS, as reading other posts, would suggest a lot of the cars I saw in the past aren't there any longer, the Camero SS being the common one, and not so much the Chall and Mustang or C6...

But thanks for finding my other posts, nice to see peeps who have plenty time on there hands
Old May 24, 2016, 1:13 am

I'll be looking to get something nice on the 9th June for 3 days....

Think i'll book the Intermediate just to be on the safe side, and then hope they got some goodies in stock for me that I can upgrade to at a reasonable cost!
The Camaro hardtop and Challenger have been unavailable at LAS to book for around 7 months, only SS convertibles. Checked my booking for September, gone up $500 since booking for same dates.

Last September we had a Challenger booked and arrived to an empty space (Gold Canopy), they only had ONE Mustang GT and ONE Camaro SS, and the desk told me there were going to be some pissed people later, as we took the SS and another guy had the GT.

I've been told by Hertz that that SHOULD be getting new stock, but no sign of that yet in the Adren collection. They have nowhere near as many cars at LAS compared to LAX
Old May 24, 2016, 3:00 am
Original Poster

ouch!
cheers for the info.
Don't get me wrong, I love the camero SS convert, its a great car, but would like to get any of the other cars in the Adren range....

i'll be picking up my 1st car with Alamo on Sunday, but will take a quick peek in the Hertz section and see what I see, maybe a few photos, and will report back....
If I see some Adren cars, then i'll do my booking for a normal car the following week, then hope I can upgrade to whats in stock....

A friend of mine booked the Cam SS for pickup on Sunday at Sky Harbour Phoenix, but no SS's available... His wife was well hacked off, but he got given the Shelby Mustang instead! Don't think he complained!
Old May 24, 2016, 3:28 am

ouch!
cheers for the info.
Don't get me wrong, I love the camero SS convert, its a great car, but would like to get any of the other cars in the Adren range....

i'll be picking up my 1st car with Alamo on Sunday, but will take a quick peek in the Hertz section and see what I see, maybe a few photos, and will report back....
If I see some Adren cars, then i'll do my booking for a normal car the following week, then hope I can upgrade to whats in stock....

A friend of mine booked the Cam SS for pickup on Sunday at Sky Harbour Phoenix, but no SS's available... His wife was well hacked off, but he got given the Shelby Mustang instead! Don't think he complained!
It will be interesting to see what you spot there....I just tried to book an SS hardtop, still not available, convertible now nearly $600 more than my existing confirmed booking for September....
Old May 24, 2016, 9:02 am

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle; SPG Lifetime Platinum; Hilton Honors Diamond
Have you thought about trying to get a Merc-AMG C63? they had a few of those come on fleet in March/April.... you might have to pay a bit more, but if it is anything like as good as the old model, it will be a fun car to play with.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.